Thread: I did not see this anywhere online.....

My Cars
    2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Thumbs up I did not see this anywhere online.....

Well.....I'm taking the steering column out right, and there are a plethora of directions, but no where did it say I had to cut a panel out, or the whole ripping the dash apart to get the wiring harness free. Sorry this is just a rant and I felt like only you guys would understand how I felt.

Let me caveat all this with I'm doing this with my pops and myself. I've taken engines out of cars, swapped transmissions, did a rack and pinion on my old MR2 on the side of the road with nothing but hand tools. My point is, I've had my share of experience. But come on, seriously, cut this panel out to access the steering column.....why is it there if I'm just gonna cut the bitch out?

Alright really I'm done. I have to put this shit back together now.....fml.

- - - Updated - - -

oh another thing, who designed that airbag system? Clips?? Are you high? clips? really? oh and to remove the airbag is only a job for skilled hands in like breaking into safes and shit.

- - - Updated - - -

But she is a sexy sexy car....finally in her garage.
    Photbucket looking to make extra money......

My Cars
    2005 BMW Z4 3.0i
    Alright, finished about an hour ago. Good news everybody, power steering is back! Unfortunately I forgot to put the 4 torx bolts back on the wiper/cruise/indicator stalk so tomorrow I'm going to have to take the steering wheel back off and put those on.

Unfortunately the airbag light is on now. I don't know why, but it is. I wish I could clear the codes or find out what the code is. But it's 0100 in the morning, and I work in 7 hours. I need some sleep.

Here's to driving the z4 with power steering again! It's only been 7 months or so.
    Photbucket looking to make extra money......