Thread: Detail for replacement - Valve in the oil filter housing for BMW engine M50/52/54

My Cars
    BMW E36 328i

Lightbulb Detail for replacement - Valve in the oil filter housing for BMW engine M50/52/54

My name is Terekhov Nikolay, I'm from Russia, I do not speak English well, I apologize in advance for writing

I'm sure many people were faced with the fact that the oil pressure lamp on the dashboard burns quite a long time when the engine starts after idle time. This is due to the fact that the oil that must be in the oil filter housing after the engine stops flows into the oil pan. This effect is observed on engines that have traveled more than 100,000 km. The reason is the check valve, which is installed in the oil filter housing. Over time, it wears out and stops holding oil in the hull. Separately, the valve can not be bought, it is possible to replace the entire enclosure entirely, and this is very expensive, and the valve in it will be installed the same and will also stop working through ~ 100,000 km.

Here is a photo of a worn out valve:
    ecd8f82s-960.jpgd2d8f82s-960.jpg72d8f82s-960.jpg

What is harmful for the engine oil drain from the body to the oil pan?

When there is no oil in the oil filter housing and you start the engine, the oil pump for the first 5 seconds into the beaker and after that it is distributed through the lubrication system. This means that, at least 5 seconds, every time you start the engine, it runs "on dry" without properly lubricating the friction pairs, which leads to its accelerated wear

To solve this problem, I developed the design and fabricated my valve, taking into account all the necessary technical characteristics of this valve. BMW M50 / 50/54 The valve has a fundamentally new design, longer service life and fully satisfies the working conditions in the engines

Picture of my valve:
    d4gf6es-960.jpgd8gf6es-960.jpg

Valve replacement video

I have successfully sold the valves in Russia for the third year already, I hope that you will like my product!

If you pay directly without intermediaries, the cost of the valve + shipping from Russia - $50
    Delivery time: 2-3 weeks
    Payment: PayPall
    Email for quick connection: t-n-n16@mail.ru
    My ebay ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/302529683139

Ready to answer any questions!

My Cars
    E90 320i
    Hi man, Do you have it for e90 n46b20 engines?
    Last edited by shogun; 05-12-2021 at 08:33 PM.

My Cars
    Black
    Just ordered one from your Ebay listing. I hope it works!

My Cars
    e46 330XI
    Quote Originally Posted by weedshoes View Post
    Just ordered one from your Ebay listing. I hope it works!
    Hi there,

Could you give us an update please on whether this worked for you?

What was your experience?

Cheers,
    fana

My Cars
    1992 Mercedes 190e
    Hi guys, sorry for reviving this thread, I bought the valve and went through the same steps as mentioned above for the replacement of the oil return valve and there is no way that this valve will bulge. I tried prying with a screwdriver but I don't want to mess up the surface, and I tried pulling with pliers with 0 luck as well. It won't move an inch. What would you advise to successfully remove the valve without making a mess as I'm not replacing the whole OFH assembly but only the valve ?
    Thanks a lot for any advice
    cheers

My Cars
    Black
    I ended up replacing the whole OFH. the valve is still sitting on my toolbox.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is
    Do you still have this valve? I would be interested in buying it. The eBay listing says it doesn’t ship to United States anymore 🙃