Thread: FCP Euro problems - RESOLVED

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325

FCP Euro problems - RESOLVED

Ordered several parts over the weekend - I placed an order with BAVAUTO (o-rings, E46 CCV kit, Air filter, and some smalls), I ordered a Gates E30 Racing Belt from Bluntech and then I ordered some parts (o-rings, water pump, tensioner, spring and wheel bearings) from FCP Euro.. I received the Bluntech order on Wed, and the BAVAUTO order on Thursday.. I received an update and a shipping notice from both on Monday morning.

FCP Euro had not sent me any info by Tuesday- so I decided to reach out to them and ask that they notify me quickly if they had any intent of processing it - The responded back that "it was currently in shipping".. Wednesday night (5:41pm) I got an update saying it shipped.. Ordered Sunday - shipped Wednesday night.

When I was looking through FCP Euro inventory - I saw they had Graf and Ina - and I thought Id give them a shot -

UPDATED - RESOLVED Snarky comments by me removed.
    Last edited by 95BMWIC; 01-12-2018 at 06:53 PM.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    I agree that free shipping is a gamble, but I place the blame with the carrier, not FCP!
    NO ONE competes with their warranty, so that wins my vote for FCP.

My Cars
    2000 M5 E39
    I have purchased from all of them and not had problems with any of them. Just because you got one order before the other, does not make the company bad.
    2009 Volvo C30
    2008 Ford F250 Lariat 6.4 Diesel
    2017 Toyota Prius Prime
    2001 Volvo S60 T5
    1959 Volvo 445
    2009 Yamaha VMax 1700
    2000 BMW Z3

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by 95BMWIC View Post
    Ordered several parts over the weekend - I placed an order with BAVAUTO (o-rings, E46 CCV kit, Air filter, and some smalls), I ordered a Gates E30 Racing Belt from Bluntech and then I ordered some parts (o-rings, water pump, tensioner, spring and wheel bearings) from FCP Euro.. I received the Bluntech order on Wed, and the BAVAUTO order on Thursday.. I received an update and a shipping notice from both on Monday morning.

FCP Euro had not sent me any info by Tuesday- so I decided to reach out to them and ask that they notify me quickly if they had any intent of processing it - The responded back that "it was currently in shipping".. Wednesday night (5:41pm) I got an update saying it shipped.. Ordered Sunday - shipped Wednesday night.

When I was looking through FCP Euro inventory - I saw they had Graf and Ina - and I thought Id give them a shot - I should have stuck with BAVAUTO - Im stupid to think FCP could compete..

It irritates me that I didn't stop and switch at the end. I thought about it as I was clicking on the Free shipping.. FCP warns you when you are choosing the free shipping that it is "economy shipping" - no insurance, no tracking.. i.e. - basically be happy if you get it.. Just never mind the "free shipping over $49" plastered all over the site - You'd be a sucker to choose free shipping..

That just means - you order wont be processed in a timely manner.. (Id be happy to argue with anyone as Iowa is basically a 3 day point from either coast - so expecting order, processing, transportation and delivery should almost certainly happen in 5 days from any company from any where in the US)

I was that Sucker.. Good prices come at a cost.
    I'm sorry to hear the order didn't ship quickly. It doesn't sound normal that it was held up for a few days. I'd like to take a look at the order and see where it went wrong and see what I can do on my end to make sure the problem doesn't occur again. Generally speaking we ship items out within 24 hours so any additional delay you should have been contacted. Feel free to PM me here or email me directly at gareth1@fcpeuro.com. I'd like an opportunity to make this right any way that I can. We're serious about customer satisfaction and the last thing I want to see is someone left with a bad experience.
    Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns.
    FCP Euro - OEM & Genuine European Auto Parts Online

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKYZZ4 View Post
    I agree that free shipping is a gamble, but I place the blame with the carrier, not FCP!
    NO ONE competes with their warranty, so that wins my vote for FCP.
    I wish I could blame the Carrier - but I can't

The order was placed on Sunday.. The picking /preparing for shipment didn't take place until after I emailed them on Wed - i.e. the CARRIER didn't even touch the order till WED night. Order show Processed and ready for pickup at 6:37pm - Carrier (UPS) picked it up around 8:44pm.

The Carrier is UPS and it looks like I should have the package by Tues.

I wish this could have been processed / picked on Monday and I could have had the package on Friday.. (Timing belt change has to take place on weekends)

Oh well - lesson learned.

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    Quote Originally Posted by bonos View Post
    I have purchased from all of them and not had problems with any of them. Just because you got one order before the other, does not make the company bad.
    True - FCP is not "bad" because I received Bluntech and BAVAUTO packages "before" the FCP Euro order. AND To be clear - the difference will be 5 days between the receiving of the orders (so maybe that does make one less desirable to do business with).

Im not happy because I expected the order to be processed and shipped right away (on Monday and not Wednesday afternoon) I had too high of expectations - Again its my fault. I'm posting this experience so others can manage their own expectations.

Cognitive Dissonance has more to do with expectations of service than anything else.

My Cars
    E36 Compact,Coupe,E30
    I’m not sure what you’re upset about. You’re placing an order on a weekend, Sunday at that, and chose free shipping. I’m assuming FCP prioritizes orders with higher levels of shipping first. Thus yours may not ship within 1 business day. Especially with genuine BMW parts needing ordered. Their free shipping is still an amazing value, I work for a massive 3PL and even with 70-80 percent off what you and I would pay with a carrier to ship, it still adds cost. If you needed the parts by the weekend why did you not select a better shipping option, I’m pretty sure they even have a calendar with the shipments eta.

As for BAVAUTO, they’ve only recently gotten their shit together. I’m sure we all remember when they did not list brand only part # and you’d get random brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    S52 E36 Compact
    E36 325is Coronaproject
    08 Saab 9-3 in Oxford Green

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    Quote Originally Posted by FCPEuro View Post
    I'm sorry to hear the order didn't ship quickly. It doesn't sound normal that it was held up for a few days. I'd like to take a look at the order and see where it went wrong and see what I can do on my end to make sure the problem doesn't occur again. Generally speaking we ship items out within 24 hours so any additional delay you should have been contacted. Feel free to PM me here or email me directly at gareth1@fcpeuro.com. I'd like an opportunity to make this right any way that I can. We're serious about customer satisfaction and the last thing I want to see is someone left with a bad experience.
    Appreciate the concern - ORDER NUMBER: R042101204

Received a follow up email from one of your reps.

She states:

I'm terribly sorry for any delay, we do not ship on the weekend so this order was just processed Monday. Shipping economy from CT is typically estimated at 1 to 10 business days, Monday would be the 5th business day. We certainly do not delay any order purposely due to any shipping options, but if parts are needed sooner we do offer expedited services.

But when I look at tracking (and my inquiry on Wed) - it looks as though it wasn't ready to ship until Wed night? None of the parts stated "special order" or anything - so I would assume "ships within 1 business day" means it would ship within the day it was processed (i.e. Monday is one day) correct? (Each part listed on this order stated that).

Again - my expectations was that I would have the package by Friday. Monday night pickup - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and latest Friday afternoon. (If it doesn't go until Wed night - then I get it Tuesday).

Summary - not happy I am receiving my order on Tuesday of next week - nor am I happy I had to inquire to get communication from FCP 3 days after the order was placed.

Stuff happens - I'll get over it..

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEKTI View Post
    I’m not sure what you’re upset about. You’re placing an order on a weekend, Sunday at that, and chose free shipping. I’m assuming FCP prioritizes orders with higher levels of shipping first. Thus yours may not ship within 1 business day. Especially with genuine BMW parts needing ordered. Their free shipping is still an amazing value, I work for a massive 3PL and even with 70-80 percent off what you and I would pay with a carrier to ship, it still adds cost. If you needed the parts by the weekend why did you not select a better shipping option, I’m pretty sure they even have a calendar with the shipments eta.

As for BAVAUTO, they’ve only recently gotten their shit together. I’m sure we all remember when they did not list brand only part # and you’d get random brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I appreciate your feedback.. that's my thought too - But the FCP rep states they don't prioritize.. i.e. my order is just as important as yours (even though I chose free shipping).

also you state "thus yours may not ship within 1 business day" - but that is what I am complaining about.. THEY DO SAY THAT.

For Example: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ng-11617502761 - notice the green checkmark "AVAILABLE" and "ships within 1 business day"

If I needed it by the weekend - I should have chosen a shipping option... So True.. So true...

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Appreciate the concern - ORDER NUMBER: R042101204

Received a follow up email from one of your reps.

She states:

I'm terribly sorry for any delay, we do not ship on the weekend so this order was just processed Monday. Shipping economy from CT is typically estimated at 1 to 10 business days, Monday would be the 5th business day. We certainly do not delay any order purposely due to any shipping options, but if parts are needed sooner we do offer expedited services.

But when I look at tracking (and my inquiry on Wed) - it looks as though it wasn't ready to ship until Wed night? None of the parts stated "special order" or anything - so I would assume "ships within 1 business day" means it would ship within the day it was processed (i.e. Monday is one day) correct? (Each part listed on this order stated that).

Again - my expectations was that I would have the package by Friday. Monday night pickup - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and latest Friday afternoon. (If it doesn't go until Wed night - then I get it Tuesday).

Summary - not happy I am receiving my order on Tuesday of next week - nor am I happy I had to inquire to get communication from FCP 3 days after the order was placed.

Stuff happens - I'll get over it..
    So I took a look at the order and it was 100% our fault for the delay. We had 3/5 of the parts in stock and JIT'ed the outstanding two. We should have sourced them locally (which would have put the order out on Monday) but because we went with a different vendor it delayed the order when they failed to deliver the next day (this affected other orders as well). With that said, we want all orders to go out within 24 hours as it states on the website. We also don't prioritize orders. If inventory is all in stock it's processed, packed, and shipped regardless of which shipping is selected. With that said, I apologize for the delay on this order and the mistake that was made on our end. I'm going to give you a $50 credit on your account as a token of our appreciation for your business and as a sorry for the delay on this order. We're not perfect but we also won't hide when we make an error. We've had a few threads pop up here and there just like this one and each time a situation like this occurs (they're never quite the same) we see it as an opportunity to make an improvement or shift how a process functions. If you choose to order from us again please feel free to contact me directly when you place your order. I will personally make sure it goes out the door quickly.

- Gareth

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    So I took a look at the order and it was 100% our fault for the delay. We had 3/5 of the parts in stock and JIT'ed the outstanding two. We should have sourced them locally (which would have put the order out on Monday) but because we went with a different vendor it delayed the order when they failed to deliver the next day (this affected other orders as well). With that said, we want all orders to go out within 24 hours as it states on the website. We also don't prioritize orders. If inventory is all in stock it's processed, packed, and shipped regardless of which shipping is selected. With that said, I apologize for the delay on this order and the mistake that was made on our end. I'm going to give you a $50 credit on your account as a token of our appreciation for your business and as a sorry for the delay on this order. We're not perfect but we also won't hide when we make an error. We've had a few threads pop up here and there just like this one and each time a situation like this occurs (they're never quite the same) we see it as an opportunity to make an improvement or shift how a process functions. If you choose to order from us again please feel free to contact me directly when you place your order. I will personally make sure it goes out the door quickly.

- Gareth
    I appreciate the comment Gareth - I'm just happy to know my expectation wasn't out of line - I'm careful to note when I'm ordering what is in stock and what is special order to plan my project.

Keep the credit - I'm not interested in that. I'm just appreciative of the honesty - Thank you.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    I appreciate the comment Gareth - I'm just happy to know my expectation wasn't out of line - I'm careful to note when I'm ordering what is in stock and what is special order to plan my project.

Keep the credit - I'm not interested in that. I'm just appreciative of the honesty - Thank you.
    Of course. We're honest about things and we're far from perfect. But when we make mistakes like this we always look at it and figure out how to improve. We're working on some projects this year which will hopefully completely eliminate mistakes like this. I already applied the credit to your account on Friday. It's our way of saying thank you for all your business and for pointing out an issue that needs to be fixed. It's honestly the least we can do. It's there for you to use regardless.

My Cars
    Z4 3.0
    UPDATE: Resolved - Ordered wrong part - Thanks to FCP Euro's customer service.

I had a bad experience with FCP as well, I received mine on time but the sway bars that I received from FCP were shorter than the OEM. Since mechanic had already removed the old sway bars, I had to go and find the parts locally and paid almost double the online price. I was expecting to receive the correct parts from FCP. Photo shows the difference between OEM and FCP (local store sway bar was same spec as OEM as well):

Last edited by BU Z4; 10-31-2018 at 08:19 AM.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Were they OE or OEM?
    Or just the cheapest option available at FCP?

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by BU Z4 View Post
    I had a bad experience with FCP as well, I received mine on time but the sway bars that I received from FCP were shorter than the OEM. Since mechanic had already removed the old sway bars, I had to go and find the parts locally and paid almost double the online price. I was expecting to receive the correct parts from FCP. Photo shows the difference between OEM and FCP (local store sway bar was same spec as OEM as well):

I'm sorry to see that you received the wrong links for the application and would like to take care of this issue the best that I can. Clearly there is a difference in the length of the stud and how it interfaces on the vehicle. I would definitely like to speak with you on this to make sure there isn't a fitment error on our website. I tried to figure out what order you might have/vehicle these are for. Best guess is they are for an E70 X5/E71 X6. In this case the vehicle has two link options based on whether the vehicle has dynamic drive or doesn't have dynamic drive. The vehicles with dynamic drive have the longer stud while the vehicles that don't have the shorter stud. If you wouldn't mind emailing me your order number to products@fcpeuro.com along with your year and model of BMW I'd like to take a look and see what you were seeing when you ordered these links.

UPDATE: Customer service was replying to an email you sent after I finished writing my above reply. I see how it was possible to order the incorrect link for your 2008 X5 3.0si unless the fitment not was looked at very clearly. The links are very similar for vehicles with or without dynamic drive. Issue here is I think the fitment note can be written slightly better. Michael Hidalgo from our customer service team has emailed you some information and he will take care of you from here.

Were they OE or OEM?
    Or just the cheapest option available at FCP?
    I think the issue here, pending my assumption these links are for an E70 X5 or E71 X6, is the fitment note may have been overlooked when ordering (not 100% certain and will await further info before conclusion). If my assumption is correct, this is what the sway bar link options look like for a 2007 X5 3.0si just for the record (have filtered out brands except Lemforder to clean it up):
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/X5...&m=1588&e=2053

Without brands filtered out:
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/X5...&m=1588&e=2053

Mistakes happen but I want to make sure the OP is taken care of and this issue doesn't stem elsewhere.
    Last edited by FCPEuro; 10-02-2018 at 11:52 AM.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    I have never been sent anything wrong,
    I just knew there must be a possible explanation,
    Keep up the good work!

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    I have never been sent anything wrong,
    I just knew there must be a possible explanation,
    Keep up the good work!
    We sent what was ordered but in this case it was the wrong part for the car because of that suspension option. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing I can look at a sway bar link and know what BMW it came off of by the way it looks haha. I do believe the fitment note could have been written slightly better and more consistent so I made that change. I also asked Michael Hidalgo in our customer service department to offer a customer credit for the price difference between what they paid at their local store vs what they originally paid online. We like to be as fair as possible in these situations and I honestly can see how the fitment note could be overlooked with how they were written.

My Cars
    Z4 3.0
    Thanks FCP for their help, when I ordered the parts on FCP I just entered the part numbers that dealer gave me in their repair estimate sheet. I can see that those part numbers are not compatible with my car, even though dealer had my VIN listed on their repair estimate sheet.

I used to purchase all my OEM BMW parts from thebmwminipartstore, during checkout they offer an option that customers can enter their VIN for fitment verification (as shown in the picture), if you guys can add that option to your checkout page it will reduce these type of fitment issues that can happen due to vehicle specific option:

We sent what was ordered but in this case it was the wrong part for the car because of that suspension option. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing I can look at a sway bar link and know what BMW it came off of by the way it looks haha. I do believe the fitment note could have been written slightly better and more consistent so I made that change. I also asked Michael Hidalgo in our customer service department to offer a customer credit for the price difference between what they paid at their local store vs what they originally paid online. We like to be as fair as possible in these situations and I honestly can see how the fitment note could be overlooked with how they were written.
    Last edited by BU Z4; 10-03-2018 at 01:24 PM.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by BU Z4 View Post
    Thanks FCP for their help, when I ordered the parts on FCP I just entered the part numbers that dealer gave me in their repair estimate sheet. I can see that those part numbers are not compatible with my car, even though dealer had my VIN listed on their repair estimate sheet. I used to purchase all my OEM BMW parts from thebmwminipartstore, during checkout they offer an option that customers can enter their VIN for fitment verification (as shown in the picture), if you guys can add that option to your checkout page it will reduce these type of fitment issues that can happen due to vehicle specific option:

I'm glad we could take care of everything for you. The issue makes even more sense now especially if you were just going off part numbers provided to you (no point to look at fitment notes when you were assured part numbers to begin with). Just as an FYI, we have the same access to fitment information by VIN that the dealer would have and can look up fitment specifically for the vehicle based on the build sheet. I'm going to take a guess and say the dealer made a mistake with the part number or didn't check thoroughly (it can happen) but we have quote a few people here (myself included) who have been looking parts up for BMW's and Mini's for a long with various tools and I like to think we're pretty good with it. Next time there is a question with fitment feel free to shoot us an email with the last 7 of the VIN and we'll get it checked and confirmed for you.