THE GOOD:

Makes the car a daemon in bed and sounds like an expensive and beautiful race car. Well worth doing the Computer, the Intake & Exhaust.

I have the 2018 M240i Convertible and put the DINAN Engine Software / DINANTRONICS (3 Points) and the Free Flow Exhaust (3 Points) and the Post Tune and Exhaust gives it 414HP with the 478ftlb which makes this car a monster. It’s so darn fast and responsive it makes this car a rocket. DINAN is worth it because they are reliable and come with the warranty on the whole car. They don't hurt and likely help the value of your vehicle. Certainly the fun factor goes way up.

M240 VS. M2

Talk to the engineers, talk to the racers, talk to the mechanics, talk to the professionals. The M240 is better than the M2? The M2 has 361HP out of the box (BMW spec sheets are incorrect) and the M240i has 369HP out of the box because BMW spec sheets are intentionally misrepresented so as not to negatively impact sales of the M2. The M2 is priced much higher than the M240 and for approximately 3.5K you get a car that is more powerful, more responsive, with more HP and torque thus faster than the M2 and for a small price can now smoke the M2 off the line which is where the majority of normal people’s driving occurs. I love this M240i. Once the intake comes out they said it should be another 10-12 HP putting the car at around 425HP with perhaps the torque numbers being in the 480s. If you want a sports car buy the rear wheel drive M240i and stick DIANAN in it.

THE BAD:

Too bad DINAN kind of sucks as a company when it comes to customer service, I’m really disappointed in them as a company. The product is great but their service is just Meh. They make an amazing product but kind of lackluster as a company. Now they are moving from Northern California to Alabama to save money. They won’t send decals other than the small ones for free unless you want to pay $60. Really? I spent 3K on your stuff and I can’t have a long sticker? Why is DINAN such a cheap company when they sell stuff that is twice the price of much of its competition? It should come with the DINAN badge (Which is scam on its own) and some decals, a shirt and a ball cap at least. I just spent over three thousand dollars and I can’t get what costs them probably $20? Come on give me a break. It's like throw us a bone for customer service for paying your over priced prices.

THE UGLY:

POINTS: The point system? The Point system is a scam and it's all about spending money, not about what they say "Building DINAN cars." I can get up to the ten points by buying things that have nothing to do with performance and qualify for the badge. The Badge should come with the DINAN Engine Software / DINANTRONICS (3 Points) and the Free Flow Exhaust (3 Points) as that is the majority of what the company is really and truly good for. The badge is all about how much money you have spent and nothing else. You can get ten points worth of stuff that don’t really have anything to do with the car being faster or performing better. For example the stuff below is cosmetic, and helps it handle a little better (although I’m not so sure about that).

Here is my case study.

• Wheels (2 points) – Better? Not so sure
• Springs (2 points) – Lowers the car (good for track, bad for street)
• bump stops (1 point) – Part of lowering process no good for most of the country & hurts acceleration
• Short shift kit (1 point) - No real gain n performance it’s all about feel; makes the ride rougher
• Bushing kit (1 point) - Maybe
• Peddle set (1 point) - Cosmetic
• Camber plate (1 point each so 2 points) - Maybe

TOTAL = 10 Points

PLEASE be advised, many of the items sold by DIANAN are not designed or made by DIANAN rather they are purchased by them and branded.

• Don’t buy the wheels. Many professional modifiers., mechanics, aficionados and engineers will argue that the M Series Rims are better. In my opinion the M series look way cooler than the 80s looking DIAN wheels. Plus the M wheels have the M logo which is cool looking. Or how about Italian OZ / HLT rims?
• Why buy a short shift? No real reason for it. Do short shift really make any difference other than feel? Not power, not performance just being able to switch gears faster. “In reality, though, the performance benefits will be negligible to most drivers.” Plus short shifters make the ride a little more rough for most drivers other than the most experienced of drivers. So rougher ride and no read performance gain.
• DON’T lower your car. Bump Stops and Springs: Bumpstops ultimately stop the suspension traveling too far when the wheel hits a bump the spring are to lower it by a half inch. They help with cornering and the like. “Acceleration can actually be hurt by a low center of gravity if a rear wheel drive car doesn't have enough weight over the rear tires, but the transfer of weight to the rear tires is much smaller than the weight transfer from left to right because a car is usually much longer than it is wide. The second point is aerodynamics. Putting a car with smooth underbody closer to the ground would actually be worse for drag due to ground effect (think air dragging along the ground and slowing down), if the car didn't have wheels” Most of the countries roads are not good for cars that are lowered. It makes your car not drivable as a daily driver, so other than track cars with more HP then they know what to do with.. don’t do it. It’s impractical and a waste of money. You like Silver? Get a set from ECS for cheaper, they are just as good if not better.
• Camber Plates: Are you drag racing the car on a track? No? You drive it on the street? Don’t do it, it’s a waste of money. Only good if your dropping the car. What do they do you ask? “It is to provide increased camber and caster adjustments so that a more aggressive wheel alignment can be “dialed-in” so as to enhance a vehicles cornering or rolling ability. The principal notion is to maintain as much tire contact as possible during aggressive street driving or whenever you are on the track and to minimize tire rolling resistance when you are at the drag strip.” Like I said are you on a drag strip? No? Forget it then.
• Peddle Set: Looks Ok I guess but does nothing for performance. To me the BMW M series peddle set is way cooler to have in the car than that 80s looking metal peddle set. The Agency Power M set looks awesome. Buy a set for, they are nicer and less expensive.

So there you have it, I got ten points and my car only handles a little better, and that would be arguable because I got nothing extra under the hood or out the pipes to help my car move and breath better. But guess what? I can get that badge. That’s why I say it’s about how much money you spent at DIANAN not what the car can do after its done. People can argue with me on the finer points of what the various items do, but in the end for a street car, a lot of it seems unnecessary and perhaps can add additional problems to you driving the car in the street.

In my opinion, the badge should require two/Three things and it should come with it. The computer and Intake/exhaust. Computer + Exhaust and Intake should = Badge, period.I have the M240i Convertible and put the DINAN Dinatronics and the exhaust and the 414HP with the 478ftlb makes this car a monster. It has more HP, better torque than the rip off M2 and for a small price can now smoke the M2. Love this car. Once the intake comes out they said it should be another 10-12 HP putting the car at around 425HP. Nice. If you want a sports car buy the rear wheel drive, I don't agree with this author about the 4WD.Too bad DINAN kind of sucks as a company, they make an amazing product but kind of sucky as a company. Customer service is meh. The whole ten point thing for badge ticks me off because it's all about spending money, not about what they say "building DINAN cars". I can get up to the ten points by buing things that have nothing to do with performance and qualify for the badge. The badge is all about how much money you have spent and nothing else. I have the M240i Convertible and put the DINAN Dinatronics and the exhaust and the 414HP with the 478ftlb makes this car a monster. It has more HP, better torque than the rip off M2 and for a small price can now smoke the M2. Love this car. Once the intake comes out they said it should be another 10-12 HP putting the car at around 425HP. Nice. If you want a sports car buy the rear wheel drive, I don't agree with this author about the 4WD.Too bad DINAN kind of sucks as a company, they make an amazing product but kind of sucky as a company. Customer service is meh. The whole ten point thing for badge ticks me off because it's all about spending money, not about what they say "building DINAN cars". I can get up to the ten points by buing things that have nothing to do with performance and qualify for the badge. The badge is all about how much money you have spent and nothing else.