Thread: Looking for part 16131182761

My Cars
    1992 850i, 2015 M5

Looking for part 16131182761

It's the gas tank vent valve in the rear wheel well. Part shows available in several online web shops but is NLA. Any one have a used one in good working order?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    There is kind of replacement one but has extra nipple which needs to blocked off / capped. I have a used one that came off of a car 6 years ago. PM your shipping address and I will ship it to you and if it works you can pay whatever you think is fair price.

I am am in southern ca until Sunday so earliest ship date would be Monday. Sorry can’t test on my car, I threw out my knee, lcl I think....so I am sol on wrenching for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by nrp22101 View Post
    It's the gas tank vent valve in the rear wheel well. Part shows available in several online web shops but is NLA. Any one have a used one in good working order?

My Cars
    1992 850i, 2015 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by alex840 View Post
    There is kind of replacement one but has extra nipple which needs to blocked off / capped. I have a used one that came off of a car 6 years ago. PM your shipping address and I will ship it to you and if it works you can pay whatever you think is fair price.

I am am in southern ca until Sunday so earliest ship date would be Monday. Sorry can’t test on my car, I threw out my knee, lcl I think....so I am sol on wrenching for a bit.
    Thanks Alex, let me make sure it's not the vent filler tube first and will get back to you this weekend.

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    Couple of notes:

1) check your charcoal canister while you are at it, it’s right under the window washing resivor. 8tech on the forum has a great rebuild solution for 30 dollars. I ended up,just putting a new one in.

2) order the replacement 16131182761 from ecs tuning or else where Incase mine is not good. The new model with extra outlet/nipple works just fine but there are two different ways people are capping the extra hole. Do a search and a lot of methods on how members have done it will come up.

3) when you replace the canister charcoal or rebuild it change the tubing that comes in and goes out since they are prone to cracking and make sure you cut it to exact size of original lengths. If bit longer it might fold and restrict the flow. In my opinion it is worth the couple bucks extra cost for bmw Oem Tubes. After marker much lower cost but not as durable

Quote Originally Posted by nrp22101 View Post
    Thanks Alex, let me make sure it's not the vent filler tube first and will get back to you this weekend.

My Cars
    1992 850i, 2015 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by alex840 View Post
    Couple of notes:

1) check your charcoal canister while you are at it, it’s right under the window washing resivor. 8tech on the forum has a great rebuild solution for 30 dollars. I ended up,just putting a new one in.

2) order the replacement 16131182761 from ecs tuning or else where Incase mine is not good. The new model with extra outlet/nipple works just fine but there are two different ways people are capping the extra hole. Do a search and a lot of methods on how members have done it will come up.

3) when you replace the canister charcoal or rebuild it change the tubing that comes in and goes out since they are prone to cracking and make sure you cut it to exact size of original lengths. If bit longer it might fold and restrict the flow. In my opinion it is worth the couple bucks extra cost for bmw Oem Tubes. After marker much lower cost but not as durable
    Great stuff. Will def put that on the to do list regardless. Thanks Alex!