Hi all

First, thanks to those who helped out in my other pre-purchase thread.

I just picked up my first BMW - a 2013 535i F10 XDrive 6-cyl with 36k. I had a go at the manual, TBH tho, I did not read it cover to cover. Here's hoping I don't have too many Qs here

1. In some cars, slightly pressing the turn signal causes the signal to blink only several times (depending on the car). Is there a way to force this behavior in the 535?

2a. Oil changes pt1 - was looking for an interval recommendation, so I looked in the manual's index, which told me turn to a page that has nothing to do with oil :/ Is the standard 3k the way to go, or somethng else?

2b. Oil changes pt2 - On another page, the manual says that you can check the oil level electronically, and says:

Displaying the oil level
"Vehicle info"
"Vehicle status"

And that's all it says. Do I have to press something to get to that display?

3. I have a Camaro, and routinely apply vaseline (there are probably other products that would work here) to the weather stripping to prevent cracking. As the BMW is not garaged, should I do the same? Whereas the manual goes into care for the interior, it does not mention anything of the weather stripping.

4. How to prevent the Dashboard from cracking over time? Same answer as above, or something else? I know a sunshade will help, but is not foolproof.

5. I see nothing in the doors part of the menu to force the doors to unlock when the car is shut off. As it is, I either have to push the button on the dash, or pull the door handle twice to unlock and open. Any way to have the doors unlock auto, as with some other cars?

6. If I drive for a bit w/o the seatbelt on (I know, I know, obey local laws! , an alarm sounds. This alarm continues after the car is in park. Is this normal?

7. Changing the drive mode (eco, comfort, sport) will only last as long as the car is on. Once shut off and restarted, the drive mode returns to default, which is comfort. Is there a way to leave the drive mode as selected indefinitely?

8. Driving mode, pt 2 - the manual mentions a sport+, and says to "press the button repeatedly until sport+ appears". Doesn't happen; all I see is sport. Am I missing something?

9. Warnings - p.107 of the manual says that the warning functions can be switched on/off, and shows the buttons to do so. It does not however, show nor tell you where the buttons are located, and I can't find them.

10. Is there any way to keep the display screen off? If I turn it off, once I put the car in R, the screen comes back on again. Furthermore, it turns on with each car start. Any way to just keep it off, and turn it on at will?

11. Finally, washing the car. I live in an apt complex, so self-washing is out of the question. And my options where I live are limited. The nearest CW to me is "automatic" (not sure what that means), and they "use high-pressure nozzles and pumps", and "Hogs hair brush pre scrub-down". Then there's another that is listed as "Touchless and Automatic". A little on the fence here as to what the best thing to do. Do I do an undercarriage wash?

Thanks very much in advance.