Thread: Bmw Z4 E85 Rear Bumper Conversion

My Cars
    Bmw Z4 (E85) 05

Post Bmw Z4 E85 Rear Bumper Conversion

Hey Z family! i have a question i plan on doing a Quad exhaust conversion on my 05 Bmw Z4 E85, i am aware you obviously need to buy a z4m rear bumper first but my question is will the bumper fit? supposively there is a difference in taillight sizes what do i do to go about doing the conversion without any complications?

My Cars
    z3
    I did the conversion on my car many many years ago.

I forgot exactly what was needed, but I know at the absolute bare minimum you need the bumper, the new style 06+ tail lights and the new style tail light "light buckets" - those are the little trim pieces that sit around the lights and fill the gap between the fender and lights. If you open your trunk you can see they attach with a couple bolts (Torx on my car) from the top of the trunk opening. The ones designed for the pre-facelift lights do NOT fit the post-facelift lights

Or you just dremel out a hole on the other side of the bumper and put the other exhaust out there

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si
    Quote Originally Posted by StancedE85 View Post
    Hey Z family! i have a question i plan on doing a Quad exhaust conversion on my 05 Bmw Z4 E85, i am aware you obviously need to buy a z4m rear bumper first but my question is will the bumper fit? supposively there is a difference in taillight sizes what do i do to go about doing the conversion without any complications?
    I had a buddy of mine convert his Geo Storm rear fascia to twin outlet for 4 tip exhaust back in the early 90's(NOPI National days).
    What he did was go to local boneyard and found a second bumper from a wrecked storm and simply cut the muffler cutout from and paid a body shop guy to pull current, cut, install, fill and fade in paint on his current. Results were quite impressive.