Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that I’ve had 2 e38s totaled, 3rd time’s a charm, right?!

My Cars
    98 740il, 00 540i,04 ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic7 View Post
    Oh wow, if they're saying a 2001 740iL with 160K miles is only worth 3.2K I hate to think what an insurance company would give me if my 1997 with 190K miles was ever totaled out. I know they've depreciated in value a bit since I bought mine in Sept of '13, which is all fine, but I've spent more than that just in parts. I never plan on selling it but I'm just worried about other drivers hitting it and not getting enough money to get another one that's in good mechanical shape. Hopefully it never has to happen.

Thanks for your info ARMiller1. I'm sure it was tough to part with two 7ers but I'm glad you found one you really like again.
    Quote Originally Posted by armiller1 View Post
    I believe someone posted on here recently that they had a 98 which an insurance company told them was worth nothing. So unfortunately, I don’t think you will be getting much of anything for it. I guess that means I won’t either in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May have been me. Had a tree branch fall on my roof. Geico said my '98 with 215k is worth less than 3k. How sad. It's in much better shape than that and provides far more utility to me. Makes me wonder if collision is even worth it. Fortunately comprehensive covered the repair as it was just below the total threshold of ~$2200.
    '98 740il | 9/97 build | schwarz 2 | sandbeige | 5AT | 270k
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 120k
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 152k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 216k | one owner, all original

mods: m-pars | Bilsteins & B&G springs | ValentineOne | StealthOne
    retrofits: full nav | MKIV | bluetooth TCU | BM53 w/ AUX input | video module w/ AV input & backup cam | oem sirius xm | xenon | shades | PDC | rain sensor | BMW DWS TPMS | lighted door handles | front seat heaters | heated steering wheel | euro rear fog lights | ski pass | folding mirrors

My Cars
    E38 M-Sport & Jaguar XK
    Anthony - Congrats from this sporty-shorty and fellow Chicagoan and LaSalle-dad. I just returned from a quick overnight trip to Indianapolis and couldn't be happier with how the car performed in the cold. Glad you are staying with the E38. They are great cars.

My Cars
    2001 740iL Silver/Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyE38 View Post
    Anthony - Congrats from this sporty-shorty and fellow Chicagoan and LaSalle-dad. I just returned from a quick overnight trip to Indianapolis and couldn't be happier with how the car performed in the cold. Glad you are staying with the E38. They are great cars.
    Hey! I didn’t know you were on here. Maybe you told me last time we chatted in the fall. I know we were pretty preoccupied keeping track of the kids.

I’m glad I was able to bring it back into the BMW community. I’ll have it at pickup today at school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12