Thread: First post, and am sure it is not last..

My Cars
    11 550i

Angry First post, and am sure it is not last..

I have a 11 550i that has had a couple issues that is strange. First I had a misfire code, and had a injector replaced. Now as I am driving home tonight it does it again!! Drivetrain malfunction appears on idrive display. What could it be this time? It seems to do it when somebody is turning, and I almost come to a stop, then I proceed and as I gas it, it feels as the driveshaft is wobbling?? I'm gonna take it to BMW this time, because I had a local tune shop, do the other work, and they swore there is no problem.. Well they were wrong. Also the car seems to like coolant here recently. With the temps being below freezing I see it needing maybe some coolant but it seems to be going through too much? I briefly read the coolant thread on the recent post, and I hope it is not what some suggested there. Any thoughts/ comments would be appreciated. All I am left to do is take it yet back to the shop again, and be without the car yet again.

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    I assume you're talking about the thread I posted in, and that car was fixed at my shop and all is well with it now!

I don't see a mileage called out, but I would assume the entire mess of hoses and pipes under the intake, coolant and oil supply and return lines to the turbochargers, needs to be replaced. This runs about $4500-5000 all in here in Houston, and its highly likely where your coolant is going.

Drivetrain malfunctions can be caused by so many things its not worth discussing possible causes. Think of it as a notification that you have a text message. Until you read that actual message you can't do anything but wildly guess at its contents.

My recommendation would be to seek out and build a relationship with a trusted local independent BMW shop. Your average work on whatever rolls into the shop place has no business working on these vehicles.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    11 550i
    Thanks for the reply stuck. I ended up not going back to the stealership to do the work. That's awesome you have a thriving shop in TX I am in NC. I actually know a very well private shop in my area, and cant really blame them for anything as they are very well known and I am just a little pissed right now! What the problem is, is just another misfire which is what I have been told. I thank you for the knowledge on the coolant issue as I will mention it to speed shop when I go tomorrow. Will reply with update when I find out.