My Cars
    bmw x5 4.8, bmw 2011 x3

i have 2010 x5 4.8 ...having problems out of no where in the cold?!?!?! anyone else

didn't start my truck for two days was dead...so i jumped it from my x3.... it worked fine all day i went to start it this morning worked on the second try but the whole truck started shaking like it was about to stall ..smoke coming out my exhaust and i got all crazy messages in my screen "chassis stabilization malfunction & transmission malfunction" ..whole bunch lights in my dash .. couldnt get the parking break off or get it in drive or reverse ... had to have the truck flat bedded ..i had a new battery put in 6 months ago ....?!?!? any one else having problem in the cold ????

My Cars
    325i 330xi 740il
    Who put the battery in 6 months ago? Our X5 acted up but had a couple things to fix on it this season. The cold does a lot of funny things to cars. Our parking brake module went out still have not touched them just manually unlocked it. Had some no starts battery did not have enough power to start it a few times.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather1127 View Post
    ... i went to start it this morning worked on the second try but the whole truck started shaking like it was about to stall ..smoke coming out my exhaust and i got all crazy messages in my screen "chassis stabilization malfunction & transmission malfunction" ..whole bunch lights in my dash ... any one else having problem in the cold ????
    Does the e70 X5 with the N62N engine have the valvetronic intermediate levers issue? You can do a simple google search (type: bmw n62 intermediate levers issue) to see what the symptoms are. It usually presents itself in cold temps...and what you describe in the quote above...sounds similar to what the N62 in the e53 can experience. Many times when this occurs...if you turn the engine off as soon as you can tell something isn't right...and then when you go to restart...let the ignition rest in KL 15 (ignition position 2) for a few seconds...then start the vehicle...the issue may resolve itself.

If not, the engine will continue to stumble and usually create a CEL/SES light (not sure what you get on the e70's CIC/CCC).

Again, the N62's intermediate lever issue is well discussed...so you should be able to find enough info to get an understanding and see if it is relevent to what happened to you.
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-08-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    You're pissing in the wind until you have the codes read. But you said you had it flat-bedded, so I'm going to assume it went to a shop. Hopefully a competent one that is familiar with BMW's.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician