2005 E64 (645ci) - Error Code 9C54 IHKA (Automatic Heating and Air Conditioning): AUC Sensor.

Hi everyone, providing as much detail as possible as in reading these forums; more detail is better (new to this forum after owning this car for 10 years).

This sensor controls the damper for cabin air switching between outside and recirculation based on air quality. I understand these sensors go often, but are about C$100 and would like to avoid parting a repair if not necessary. The sensor is located on the top of the passenger side of the fan housing. The replacement part is simple to look up, but two sensors appear (for different models and years). My question is not which part, but whether the wiring harness on the vehicle is common across several models (for which the other sensor would be appropriate). The reason I ask is to eliminate this other 'plug' (for shorting or corrosion) before purchasing the new sensor.

Appreciate the comments and support; particularly a E64 specific forum grouping -- makes the reading more relevant.