Thread: E60 CCC to Android Navigation Update Question

My Cars
    2008 520d

Red face E60 CCC to Android Navigation Update Question

Hi
    I own a 2008 520d with a CCC navigation system. I want to update to a touch screen android system which has the capability of playing bluetooth audio from my phone and controlling that with the steering wheel controls.

I have seen this model online and was wondering if anyone has tried it. If so, is it fast or does it lag? I see this one has Android 5.1.1 but wanted to see if you guys know of one that supports a newer android version.

Than you.

My Cars
    1987 M6
    I contacted another company about this kind of upgrade.
    https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-e60-e61-2003-2010/navigation-retrofits/cic-navigation-retrofit

Looks like the same type of unit, and the feedback on the bimmer-tech unit seems good. I might suggest you go with bimmer-tech, as they can provide you support for the installation, and the unit is the same basic price. Seems like the big question is if you have auxiliary input already active on your stereo. If the answer is yes, then you are good to go. If not, then you would want to get that active first.

I am in the latter boat with our E61. Although once I get aux. in working, then I don't see a need to have an android console. Our phones do everything, and you can get BT receivers to allow all functions of the phone to work through the aux. in.

Jose
    1987 M6
    Livin the dream!

My Cars
    2008 535xi Sport

I bought the AVIC-2 for my lady's X5

Quote Originally Posted by DaHose View Post
    I contacted another company about this kind of upgrade.
    https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-e60-e61-2003-2010/navigation-retrofits/cic-navigation-retrofit

Looks like the same type of unit, and the feedback on the bimmer-tech unit seems good. I might suggest you go with bimmer-tech, as they can provide you support for the installation, and the unit is the same basic price. Seems like the big question is if you have auxiliary input already active on your stereo. If the answer is yes, then you are good to go. If not, then you would want to get that active first.

I am in the latter boat with our E61. Although once I get aux. in working, then I don't see a need to have an android console. Our phones do everything, and you can get BT receivers to allow all functions of the phone to work through the aux. in.

Jose
    While better then the stock business radio, I wasn't impress with overall performance. PLus a few months later the AVIC-3 came out at about$200 less! I'm saving up my cheese to swap my CCC for the CIC offered by https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw...ation-retrofit

Regards,

Nate

My Cars
    1987 M6
    I looked into a CIC update, but that is big bucks. We are talking at least $2500, and a smartphone with BT interface does everything but the rear view camera function. That just seems like too much cash for what you get.

Jose
    1987 M6
    Livin the dream!