Thread: Passive Go module location?

My Cars
    E92 325ci

Passive Go module location?

I was trying to change the passive go module yesterday on my e92 but I wasnt able to find it.

I looked around all the rear quarter panel of the trunk near the battery and only found a similar module for the pdc sensors.

I havent found anything online only pics of an e93 which is located where I looked yesterday but found nothing.
    Sahara Beige 323i 5MT, Bilstein struts, Carbon Fiber BMW Performance Strut Bar, Carbon Fiber DINAN Cold Air Intake, BMW BBS Style 124 staggered 18" rims, Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40 & 255/35, Front plate delete, Debadge, LED Eagle Eye Tailights, BMW Clear corners, BMW rear License Plate PDC sensors

Monaco Blue 318i Auto, Bilstein struts, BMW front grills and finisher trims of 335i, BMW Style 366 staggered 19" rims, No runflats just M mobility kit, BMW M dead pedal, Front plate delete, Debadge, AC Schnitzer replica rear trunk spoiler, BMW OEM accesories:Umbrella, Rubber floor mats, Trunk Bag Hook, 1st aid kit, Tire preasure gauge, Oil storage bag, Tire tote spare wheel for trips

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    The Comfort Access module should be in the same carrier as the PDC module. It's behind the insulation on the battery side of the trunk.

My Cars
    E92 325ci
    But its not there, I found the perfect slot to put it it next to the pdc module but there is no harness to attach it. What should I do or where should I look for that module. It has to be somewhere because my remote control used to work.

My car has no Comfort Access just the normal type that opens with the remote control.
    Last edited by DAES; 01-09-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: forgot something
    Sahara Beige 323i 5MT, Bilstein struts, Carbon Fiber BMW Performance Strut Bar, Carbon Fiber DINAN Cold Air Intake, BMW BBS Style 124 staggered 18" rims, Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40 & 255/35, Front plate delete, Debadge, LED Eagle Eye Tailights, BMW Clear corners, BMW rear License Plate PDC sensors

Monaco Blue 318i Auto, Bilstein struts, BMW front grills and finisher trims of 335i, BMW Style 366 staggered 19" rims, No runflats just M mobility kit, BMW M dead pedal, Front plate delete, Debadge, AC Schnitzer replica rear trunk spoiler, BMW OEM accesories:Umbrella, Rubber floor mats, Trunk Bag Hook, 1st aid kit, Tire preasure gauge, Oil storage bag, Tire tote spare wheel for trips

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    If you don't have comfort access, you don't have a passive go module. I'm fairly sure that the remote signal is picked up by the diversity antenna at the top of the rear windshield, and the signal is processed by the CAS module. I would investigate the key fob and diversity antenna first. I believe the antenna is a somewhat common fault.

My Cars
    E92 325ci
    Dude I feel so stupid right now! I bought the passive go module and you are right that is only for Comfort Access cars! Well that was a waste of money.

I got the car scanned and had no codes related to my problema, I also got the remote control tested and it does work. I will take a look at the diversity antenna and the CAS now. How many diversity antennas are in the car and where is the CAS located?

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    I think there's just one diversity antenna. Some designs have the actual remote antenna built into the rear glass, and the diversity antenna is more of an amplifier. I would check that out first, I've seen used ones for under $30. Most likely either the diversity antenna or the wiring is to blame here.
    The CAS module is under the dash by the steering column. That controls vehicle security/transponder/immobilizer, so I would check every other possibility before looking at that.

My Cars
    E92 325ci
    Turned out to be a dead battery. I bought one on ebay and took it to specialized car key place where they changed the battery and now it works as before.

They showed me on this machine that reads if the remote control sends frecuency and it showed none and after changing the battery it showed frecuency.