Thread: Suspension Question

My Cars
    BMW 335i convertible

Suspension Question

Hello Friends,

Since last few months I have been noticing an "issue" but never really thought of checking as I was not sure if it's an issue at all.
    I have a 2011 335i 6spd. It has clocked 93k miles and with original suspension components. I had replaced tires 1 yr ago with Michelin sport AS3.
    Whenever there's an uneven surface/road and I am making a turn (speed more than 40 mph), I feel like the front part of the car looses contact with the ground and the car kind of wobbles, and I have to hold the steering strongly so that it remains on its path. By uneven road, I don't mean very bumpy road. A little imperfection is enough to cause this. Even on straight road, if there's something on it, like cement residue or any other objects( less than an inch height of debris etc), the car kind of jumps on it. But no abnormal sound. I am expecting the car to absorb those imperfections on the road. I am not sure if this is all making any sense or not but I will be happy to explain further, in case you guys want me to.
    Also on smooth road, the car runs fine. No noise.

I also checked with few of my local friends who work on bmw cars, they inspected control arm, struts etc and they seem to be in okay state. Nothing scary -as they mentioned after the inspection. Tier rod ends seem fine too. However, they recommended replacing them as the bushings started showing their ages but as I said -"nothing scary".

So if you guys can provide your expert suggestions before I throw in my money for the unnecessary parts, that would be great.

Appreciate your help on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2007 328i auto sedan
    Maybe try changing the tie rods and will need alignment afterwards (could be a possible problem right now) then see if its better...

My Cars
    2008 328xi Sportwagon
    Whether you're having problems with them or not, it would be a good idea to change the shocks all around. I'm at 118K in my 2008 E91 and planning to do it when the weather improves.

My Cars
    BMW 335i convertible
    Thanks all.
    I am in the process of replacing most of the suspension components
    Control Arm (lower and upper ) -completed
    Tie rod ends - completed
    Sway bar links - in progress
    Front struts - in progress
    Rear struts- in progress
    Engine mounts -parts ordered but will check the existing ones before replacing.
    Everything is oem parts.

Transmission mount was replaced few months ago. I am hoping after I am done wiht all these, i will be able to feel the car like new again.

My Cars
    BMW 335i convertible
    Just to update on this
    After replacing the tie rod ends, control arms, end links, struts and shocks the problem is gone. Car feels like a brand new one.