Thread: SRS Code Reader/Reset Tool

My Cars
    93 850 Ci, 11 FX35,

SRS Code Reader/Reset Tool

Does anyone happen to have the tool for reading and resetting the SRS that would be willing to loan it to me in exchange for some beverage money?

Thanks in advance....

My Cars
    '93 850Ci, '07 X5 4.8
    Where are you located ?

My Cars
    93 850 Ci, 11 FX35,
    Across the state from you in Port Saint Lucie.

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    They are around $13 shipped on eBay if you don't mind supporting the Chinese manufacturing effort.
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    93 850 Ci, 11 FX35,
    I bought one of those and gave it a try since it was so inexpensive, but it will not communicate with mine since its a 92. I've read through Legoman's way of resetting and it is not working either, so I really want to read the codes and make sure I don't actually have a problem that I need to fix.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    The chinese B800 does not work, that is also mentioned in their manual, only from 1994/5. Same with the Peake airbag tools, quote: R5/SRS Features: •Models available for most BMWs built between 1994 and 2002.

If someone near you has one of my SIR3 or BOA airbag reset tool I sold before, that definitely works on E31 and other BMWs from 1987. But it does not read codes, only resets. Unfortunately sold out, only have one on stock for my own use.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    93 850 Ci, 11 FX35,
    Shogun,

Yeah I was hoping someone that has your reset tool would offer to let me use it. At least if I can get it reset and it comes back on I will know that I need to get it looked into further. Though it only came on after I had the dash apart and I turned on the battery power so I don't suspect there should be an actual problem. I want to put the car up for sale, but want to get this SRS light taken care of before I do.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci, '07 X5 4.8
    I have a tool but I won't be able to make the trip for some time.. If you are in the Tampa area we could meet. It may clear the alert and read the codes. Not certain of the SRS because mine never came up. It reads OBD1 and 2 but definitely does a better job with OBd2! Your 850 should be OBD1 like mine. I got a Foxwell NT510Pro with the BMW firmware installed (they will install code for many models and you can add more as well).

Since you have an X5 as well you might consider it and a "PACman" cable adapter (the computer port on the Ci is round and connector in your X5 should be "rectangular") you'd be able to work in both vehicles. I use the tool to clear all sorts of errors on my X5 (I have a auto leveling sensor out) and it levels the truck back up. I got it on Amazon.

Another option is to visit a Euro repair shop with an Autologic scanner... It will read everything.

My Cars
    93 850 Ci, 11 FX35,
    Thanks for letting me know what tool the shop needs to have, I'll try to find a Eruo shop around here if I can't make it over to you soon. I do need to break in the engine in my airplane so it would be a good excuse to fly over to you and maybe barrow the tool for a day...
    I have a basic OBDII reader that has come in handy in the past but that Foxwell looks like a pretty nice unit.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci, '07 X5 4.8
    Cool just shoot me a PM!