Hey guys, I am new to the forum so forgive me if I’ve posted this post in the wrong section.

Here’s my situation, it’s been a deep freeze up here in Alberta Canada and my girl friends 328i is basically dead. This morning she tried to start it and the starter just clicked a couple times and didn’t want to start. She was able to open the trunk and everything worked fine but now the tail lights are staying on and the car won’t charge. I boosted it with my truck for an hour and nothing’s happening. Since then I’ve put my charger on the posts in the engine bay and threw it on 12v fast charge to see if maybe I could get some sort of charge out of it enough to pop the trunk but still nothing. The taillights are still on the headlights and interior lights come on when I go to start it but nothing happens.

I guess the real question here is, has anyone had this happen to them and is there a way of getting the trunk open somehow to get to the battery so I can put the charger on the battery it’s self. I’ve tried everything, key fob button, button on the kick panel down by the hood release and making sure the trunk is in the unlock position in the glove box.

Ive got a buddy coming over tomorrow after work to plug his Mac tool scan tool in to see if their are codes that pop up maybe a popped relay or fuse causing it to not charge or pop the trunk. But I’d just like to see if anyone else has any opinions. Thanks in advance!