Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 what did you do to your e38 today?

My Cars
    2001 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkitect View Post
    Nope no spacers. Plenty of anti-seize though. Never had this happen before and I specifically use a torque wrench for tightening. I suppose after doing it literally hundreds of times it's bound to happen once. I mean there is no other explanation other than human error. Of course the tire shops always say come back in 1000 miles for a re-torque, but I did not re-torque them after the first day. I will be doing that in the future though!
    I don't know how much effect if any ant-seize has on the ability of a lug bolt to hold torque, but I only use on the hub to avoid the dissimilar metal corrosion. In 20 years with Bmw's the only issue has been with idiots with air guns. Glad it was such an easy fix for you.

My Cars
    95 740i, 92 ACSchnitzer
    It was nice today so I washed it by hand, waxed it, then covered it until ?. Moving from a big house to a smaller house has some getting used to, but I'm working on getting the garage to my liking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gaspump; 01-20-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Lets get the party started before it's my bedtime.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    wash it and clean it up and now wondering if I want to switch the radio back to OEm to gain intravee II .
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Upgrade to new diamond style key. Made them myself...

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    Go on...
    2000 740i Sport | 2004 330xi | 1988 325i Vert | 2003 Z4 2.5 | 1995 Ford F150 | 2018 GTI

My Cars
    '97 BMW 725tds e38
    Hello!

I need some Help for my BMW.
    I have him a couple of years now and since the beginning He had a Problem with the AC stuff, so finally i found the problem. Its a 01/97 725tds. After i found Out whats the matter, i changed the Blowermotor with the FSU ( the old FSU was broken ) and i Used the opportunity to Change the IHKA aswell. I changed from the e38 Analog/Digital IHKA w/ Rotary Fan Speed dials to the e38 Digital/Digital IHKA unit ( the old IHKA unit Had the Pixel issue ). The blowermotor with the FSU works, the IHKA unit works aswell, BUT as i click the Front defroster it blows Into the wrong vents. Instead of the normal vents it blows trough the Center dash vents, is there another Problem or is coding for the IHKA unit needed that it works properly?

Thanks in Advance!

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime725 View Post
    Hello!

I need some Help for my BMW.
    I have him a couple of years now and since the beginning He had a Problem with the AC stuff, so finally i found the problem. Its a 01/97 725tds. After i found Out whats the matter, i changed the Blowermotor with the FSU ( the old FSU was broken ) and i Used the opportunity to Change the IHKA aswell. I changed from the e38 Analog/Digital IHKA w/ Rotary Fan Speed dials to the e38 Digital/Digital IHKA unit ( the old IHKA unit Had the Pixel issue ). The blowermotor with the FSU works, the IHKA unit works aswell, BUT as i click the Front defroster it blows Into the wrong vents. Instead of the normal vents it blows trough the Center dash vents, is there another Problem or is coding for the IHKA unit needed that it works properly?
    Thanks in Advance!
    Yes I believe you need to code the IHKA to the car. There is also the possibility that the foam gasket came loose when reinstalling the dash and is blocking one or more of the vent flaps. I’d try coding first.
    2000 740i Sport | 2004 330xi | 1988 325i Vert | 2003 Z4 2.5 | 1995 Ford F150 | 2018 GTI

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post

show me a DIY please I want the same

will this work

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UPGRADE-VAL...E/361996170682
    Last edited by franco90; 01-24-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 725tds e38
    Yes I believe you need to code the IHKA to the car. There is also the possibility that the foam gasket came loose when reinstalling the dash and is blocking one or more of the vent flaps. I’d try coding first.
    Thanks! I thought that aswell but since it was to cold to Work on him, i didnt want to Take the dash Out again, but as soon as it gets warmer i'll Check that. The Problem with coding is, that i dont have any clue where a coding master could be located in my country....
    Is there a possibility that i can Code it myself? If yes, how and What can i eventually brake If i do it wrong?

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    E30 E38 E46 E85 F150 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime725 View Post
    Thanks! I thought that aswell but since it was to cold to Work on him, i didnt want to Take the dash Out again, but as soon as it gets warmer i'll Check that. The Problem with coding is, that i dont have any clue where a coding master could be located in my country....
    Is there a possibility that i can Code it myself? If yes, how and What can i eventually brake If i do it wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not up on coding but I think you will need INPA or Carsoft or one of those kind of programs and a laptop. You might want to start a dedicated thread that someone might see, or check the coding forum. Good luck with it!

One way to check if it's coding or a gasket would be to throw the old IHKA back in the car and see if it works. Not sure if that's more complicated that unplugging and plugging, but if that's all it is might be worth a shot.

Hope you are enjoying LiAngelo and LeMelo Ball in your country!

My Cars
    '97 BMW 725tds e38
    I'm not up on coding but I think you will need INPA or Carsoft or one of those kind of programs and a laptop. You might want to start a dedicated thread that someone might see, or check the coding forum. Good luck with it!

One way to check if it's coding or a gasket would be to throw the old IHKA back in the car and see if it works. Not sure if that's more complicated that unplugging and plugging, but if that's all it is might be worth a shot.

Hope you are enjoying LiAngelo and LeMelo Ball in your country!

Hmm i See, thanks!

Yeah i would but the Problem is, that in the old IHKA a fuse or something like that is broken, What means i dont Trust to Put it in, especially If it could damage the Blowermotor with the FSU and the next Thing is that the old IHKA smelled always Like to hot plastic... So, i guess i have to ask my mechanic If He knows how to Code Things.

Thanks!

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Shipped out EWS and key to get new keys made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '97 BMW 725tds e38
    Hello, its me again

After i Drove the Car yesterday quite Long, i noticed Something different. As i asked before for the IHKA stuff, i noticed that the Foot Zone that didnt work, started to Work, and the Front defroster started to Work at the beginning but barely and then it switched Back to the Center dash vents, so next month i will Check If somethings blocking the vents. To my real question now :. Could it be that the Car is coding the IHKA for himself? How is this possible? Is the Computer that smart?
    Next question : My Heating was literally Dead and Yesterday it started to Work again but the weird Thing is, that i was in the City and Then on the freeway it didnt Work again, What could that be? I thought before that the Heater Control valves are broken but after Yesterday im confused...
    The next thing: my Airbag light is Like almost all e38s on, i found Yesterday Out that my Parents who owned him before were in an electronics Garage for that Problem, those people took the Airbag Control Module Out and didnt Return it.
    Can i Put a new old one from a different e38 in it or do i have to Code it? What about the passenger Seat Airbag? Can i Change both without any Problems?

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    02 525i Wagon, 99 740
    I discovered that I had a coolant leak. I have been dealing with this for a few weeks. I know this is a common experience/frustration for all of us. A while ago, I discovered the plastic next on my radiator was broken. At the time I had my other 7 to drive. That car experienced a catastrophic TCG failure. So, I removed the radiator from it and transplanted it into the other one. I discovered that the small hose that goes from the bottom of the driver's side of the radiator to the transmission cooler wasn't quite seated all the way. So, I got that fixed. But, I was still dealing with a leak. I had a relatively new expansion tank. I tried to eliminate all the typical culprits and I was getting worried it was the Valley Pan. I could smell coolant when I shut it off and was having to add coolant everyday after my commute (60 miles one way -- 120 a day). So, Saturday I had time to finally try to tackle the problem. Fortunately, the leak got worse and I was able to narrow it down to the driver's side of the radiator. I suspected maybe the o-ring on the quick connect to the trans cooler was cut or worn. I removed everything to see. The quick connect was fine. BUT, the other end of the little hose that sort of twists into the bottom of the radiator had a chip on the plastic where it twisted in and seated itself. I also noticed the o-ring was missing. I had the other one from the other car but the hose itself was cut. So, I tried calling around and no one had the part.

I called my indy mechanic and he had a dead 2000 E38 that belonged to a customer before he had a TCG failure. So, my Mechanic (who usually doesn't work on Saturdays) took it off the donor car and left it at his shop for me to pick up (FOR FREE). He is a great guy. I was able to get the donor hose and install it. I got it all put back together and was happy with how it all worked out. When I started it and was bleeding the air, I noticed a stream of coolant pouring out on the passenger side! It was streaming out of the lower radiator hose area. I was getting frustrated and realized I would have to take it all back out again. So, I took off the fan shroud, and started removing stuff. When I disconnected the lower radiator hose, I noticed it came off very easy. That made me suspicious. I was feeling around in the quick connect and noticed the rubber o-ring was gone. CRAP! I looked all around. I finally had to remove the radiator again (spilling ALL the coolant I had filled it with). Luckily when I got everything out, I felt around on the splash pan and way in the back was the o-ring just laying there. It must have come off when I removed the lower radiator hose before.

I got the o-ring, put it all back together and fill it up and bled the system. No leaks! The next morning I checked it when it was cold thinking I would have to add coolant because I probably hadn't bled all the air out. BUT, the coolant was full! I took it for a drive and had no problems! Just drove it to work this morning and I had heat AND no leaks! It was a long frustrating process, but it is finally working!

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Sounds like maybe someone is messing with you........
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDarth View Post
    Sounds like maybe someone is messing with you........
    Snow leopard spotting!

Last edited by purplecty; 01-29-2018 at 02:50 PM.

My Cars
    95 740i, 89 735i,
    Just got a new e38 a week ago and was driving back to VA from Maryland and car was shaking, I pulled over and checked everything out and soon as I got back on the interstate I heard the belt pop. Got car (Helga) towed back home and popped hood to find out my harmonic balancer is broken.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    from OLD to NEW
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Who cut the blade?
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by NordmanMg View Post
    Who cut the blade?
    theone member on here WHY ? he programthe keys and cut them
    once I get them i test them out
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    theone member on here WHY ? he programthe keys and cut them
    once I get them i test them out
    Ok I was just curious
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I have a new post going on the keys dude HE is local to you

Ok I was just curious
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Yea, I know the guy
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Yea, I know the guy
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    95 740i, 89 735i,
    Replaced my Harmonic balancer today right before it got dark and was trying to figure out why I couldn't get the last m8×16 hex bolt to go in. Used the light on my phone to find out one of the bolts broke off inside, will I be ok with 7 out of 8?
    I'll put new fan and both belts on tommorow.
    Last edited by ibumpers; 02-02-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast