Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 what did you do to your e38 today?

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    Attachment 631884

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice !

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A5010 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    -E34 M60B40 + Tremec TKO 600 (sold)
    and sadly no old BMW anymore, only high powered Seat Leon Cupra 4Drive as a daily driver.

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Going tommorow to get my next project
    2.0GTI Celica 170hp

and sadly no old BMW anymore, only high powered Seat Leon Cupra 4Drive as a daily driver.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    nice
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    Let's see... this week I did all four brakes and fixed the windshield sprayer. For the first time since I've owned the car I have no warning messages on the dash and no lights (well, airbag light is still on, I'm 99% sure that's from disconnecting the door airbags with the battery still connected). I did buy a round 20 pin to OBDII converter cable, once it cools down this evening I'm going to see if my scanner can see and clear that code. If it can't I may take a drive down to see Dave "The Bimmer Key Guy", he's got a Foxconn scanner that can clear the code.

I did have a backlight go out for my readout dash display, happened when I pulled the car in to do the brakes. So added to the list...
    Along with several things I found during my brake job.

As we all know, the list only grows on these.... LOL Gotta love em tho.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2001 740iL "Silver Beauty"
    1986 Porsche 951 "Silver Bullet"
    1987 Porsche 944 NA Auto (rebuilding for my son's first car)
    https://home.doonze.net/filepage.php <- BMW/Porsche doc's and files, work in progress

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    I finally found the Power Steering Gear box after realizing it was covered while the Valve Cover Gaskets were waiting to be re-installed. The 19mm bolt which is for all purposes inaccessible without a very shallow 19mm socket is going to give me nightmares. Anyone have any "tricks" for this one? 2001 740i E38--the Beast. I looked at Plik's write-up and I don't know how his "wobbler" fit into this area? Power steering replacement of hoses looks a lot easier now that I've found all the hoses and connections....Also resealed my engine cover gasket that were falling off on my other 2001 740i..the Beauty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Scholder View Post
    I finally found the Power Steering Gear box after realizing it was covered while the Valve Cover Gaskets were waiting to be re-installed. The 19mm bolt which is for all purposes inaccessible without a very shallow 19mm socket is going to give me nightmares. Anyone have any "tricks" for this one? 2001 740i E38--the Beast. I looked at Plik's write-up and I don't know how his "wobbler" fit into this area? Power steering replacement of hoses looks a lot easier now that I've found all the hoses and connections....Also resealed my engine cover gasket that were falling off on my other 2001 740i..the Beauty.
    I used crow foot on a long extension when I changed mine several years ago....
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    Today this was done:

If it doesn't jump out at you, there used to be a phone there. Well, a phone shaped hole, since the phone was MIA on this car. Annoyed me to no end having that empty phone holder there, so got this. Took some easy modifying and JB Weld to get it to work, but I like it better.

Also this:

I have since put some electrical tape over that annoying LED. You couldn't see it when it was closed, but I took it to a really dark area tonight and the green was slightly annoying when it was open. I wanted some light to be able to see it at night to plug into, but that was to much!

So it now looks like this:

It's just right. You can't see it at all unless you look at it. Pretty happy all around.

https://home.doonze.net/filepage.php <- BMW/Porsche doc's and files, work in progress

Alpine 7even is offline The King Of E38 Custom BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Its been awhile, but I've done afew things to my Individual. Pic heavy.

Finished my Ver.2 rear door tissue box after finding some great pictures of an oem one.

Then I finished my Lower B-pillar phone holder and umbrella holder. Still have to complete the wiring for the phone.

Finally I've finished up my rear Porsche Brembo big brake retrofit

Then I bed the rear brakes in and enjoyed a nice drive.
    Last edited by Alpine 7even; 06-19-2018 at 01:06 PM.

-2000 iL Individual. VF Supercharged at 12psi, Dinan MAF and TB, 6spd 420g swap, Euro under body guards, strong strut, N62 engine cover, Hydro trunk, Full suspension mods, Brembo F+R big brakes, custom headliner/interior, Bi-Xenon headlights, wide screen nav/mk4, Custom splash screen (I make them), coded video module with custom made harness, reverse camera, Intravee II, factory rear screen entertainment console, rear comms armrest, rear blower, seat back tables and writing tablet, all euro options coded on etc.
    -1997 iL. Pioneer 8500nex double din/Avic navigation, swc and dsp still functional. Reverse camera, full suspension upgrades, leather dash, console and door cards, rear blower, Re-upholstered seats, facelift sport contour seats, heated steering wheel, 750 front brakes, custom cup holder replacing the front ash tray, all euro options coded, headliner in black, rear headliner MID console.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    So sick!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    So sick!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
    thanks man! I’m running out of options to retrofit in lol

-2000 iL Individual. VF Supercharged at 12psi, Dinan MAF and TB, 6spd 420g swap, Euro under body guards, strong strut, N62 engine cover, Hydro trunk, Full suspension mods, Brembo F+R big brakes, custom headliner/interior, Bi-Xenon headlights, wide screen nav/mk4, Custom splash screen (I make them), coded video module with custom made harness, reverse camera, Intravee II, factory rear screen entertainment console, rear comms armrest, rear blower, seat back tables and writing tablet, all euro options coded on etc.
    -1997 iL. Pioneer 8500nex double din/Avic navigation, swc and dsp still functional. Reverse camera, full suspension upgrades, leather dash, console and door cards, rear blower, Re-upholstered seats, facelift sport contour seats, heated steering wheel, 750 front brakes, custom cup holder replacing the front ash tray, all euro options coded, headliner in black, rear headliner MID console.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 7even View Post
    #firstworldbmwproblems

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    Damn Alpine, what car are those calipers from? i still need to finish my S430 fronts, but now i'm thinking of changing them.
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

WIP: Custom Style 42 18x9.5" ET12, 18x10.5" ET8, 3.15 LSD Rear diff.

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    When you finally run out of options to yours , you can then switch your attention to my 7 lol.
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabreslight View Post
    Damn Alpine, what car are those calipers from? i still need to finish my S430 fronts, but now i'm thinking of changing them.
    Theyre porsche 996 911 rear calipers. I hated that my front has the brembo GT bbk. So I decided to come up with something for the e38 to match. It’s an amazing feel as well. The pedal response and feel is fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NordmanMg View Post
    When you finally run out of options to yours , you can then switch your attention to my 7 lol.
    Hahahaha. I’m basically there. Other then adding a partition there isn’t much else I can do on the inside or the outside lol.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Its been awhile, but I've done afew things to my Individual. Pic heavy.

Finished my Ver.2 rear door tissue box after finding some great pictures of an oem one.

Then I finished my Lower B-pillar phone holder and umbrella holder. Still have to complete the wiring for the phone.
    So sick did you made the umbrella holder or is it OEM
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    So sick did you made the umbrella holder or is it OEM

I made it using oem specs

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Land Rover was towed to make 2 new keys, as my old one and the only one got broken -.- (-800€)

Now driving seven as daily. Washed it, was soo dirty after sitting unwashed almost one month.
    Also washed Celica I bought few days ago.

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    Seven looks really nice
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i

Good Attitude

Quote Originally Posted by 951Dreams View Post
    Let's see... this week I did all four brakes and fixed the windshield sprayer. For the first time since I've owned the car I have no warning messages on the dash and no lights (well, airbag light is still on, I'm 99% sure that's from disconnecting the door airbags with the battery still connected). I did buy a round 20 pin to OBDII converter cable, once it cools down this evening I'm going to see if my scanner can see and clear that code. If it can't I may take a drive down to see Dave "The Bimmer Key Guy", he's got a Foxconn scanner that can clear the code.

I did have a backlight go out for my readout dash display, happened when I pulled the car in to do the brakes. So added to the list...
    Along with several things I found during my brake job.

As we all know, the list only grows on these.... LOL Gotta love em tho.

Wish I could always have that attitude when things seem like they are never right; once you resolve one thing, another comes up--kind of like my 85 year old Mother-In-Law.

- - - Updated - - -

OUCH!! on the keys having to be made. Nice 7. I'll take it over the Land Rover and Celica any day.

- - - Updated - - -

AlPine, with your past projects looking so good, I can't believe you won't find many more to keep you busy; keep us updated. Nice ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny you should say that as I just purchased a crows foot which hasn't arrived yet; Amazon Prime sent me a TORO traction control cable instead by mistake. I kid you not--go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Either you have a very understanding spouse/significant other or your single. If you're married, I really want your wife to meet mine.

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Got my Land Rover back with 2 new keys and my package arrived with facelift parts
    Was fun to drive E38 again as daily but for now let it rest again a little bit.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740iL
    Hacked my 20 pin under the hood so I can INPA from the air conditioned comfort of my BMW seats.

Related, found lots of new fun errors to deal with.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Put a front splitter on my 335i .....
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/153582...in/dateposted/
    Last edited by TxDarth; 06-28-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDarth View Post
    Put a front splitter on my 335i .....
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/153582...in/dateposted/
    Looking good!

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    Got a new key.
    2018-06-28 17.30.44.jpg
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

WIP: Custom Style 42 18x9.5" ET12, 18x10.5" ET8, 3.15 LSD Rear diff.

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Saw this beauty today. 730d / 99
    Love the colour, love the rims and the suspension setup. I wish I had facelift seven with painted lower parts of the car ;(

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast