Thread: E90 recall - should I really be concerned?

My Cars
    335d, Z3 3.0,328i

E90 recall - should I really be concerned?

We received a recall letter on both of out E90s. One is a 335d and one is a 328xdrive. Both 2011.

They say there is some wiring issue, but there is no fix yet.

Does anyone know ow serious this is? It is super cold outside. Do I really need to avoid parking in the semi-heated garage?

Also, I did a tune on my ECU of the 335d. I don't think that makes a wiring issue better or worse, but my wife in concerned. I'm plannign on tunign the 328 soon too. Any concerns?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    If it has to do with the heater motor wiring burning up, yea I would do that for sure

My Cars
    2011 328xi w/Msport Pack
    Happened to me... Received the recall notice, ignored it, and then in February I abruptly lost my heat / fan motor. I spoke with my BMW mechanic (He works for a dealer but also has a garage / business on the side), he told me that something like 175,000 vehicles are affected, and as of February BMW only had 1000 repair kits in stock. The connector on mine had actually melted, and I had bare wires. He spliced in a previously used connector and swapped out some other part (a capacitor) and got me some heat, and then submitted a warranty / recall claim for the official BMW fix which is a bulletin that includes running a dedicated power supple from the fused power supply (right now / as built the wire is undersized and can melt if it gets to hot)

My Cars
    1995 BMW Dinan 3 x two
    adding this to an older post in case people are researching-

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - the wire repair is needed if you have smelled any electrical burning or noticed addition noises from the blower when operating. The car "may catch fire due to a short between wires".
    After your car has been serviced CHECK OPERATION OF YOUR AUXILIARY/COOLING FAN BEFORE LEAVING THE DEALERSHIP - I REPEAT - CHECK THE OPERATION OF FAN. There is a wire in the group that sometimes goes unnoticed that controls operation of the fan. WITHOUT IT - YOUR CAR WILL MELT AND YOUR HEAD GASKET WILL BE LIKE ICE CREAM IN JULY. ADDITIONALLY if your n52 overheats, it will probably snap the heads off some of head bolts and someone will bs you and say it just happens.