Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "new" girl 2011 e92 m3 build

My Cars
    97' E36M3 11' e92 lsxm3
    I ordered a Jegs weld on quick disconnect hub however the sizing isn't big enough to go over the stock e92m3 steering shaft... so I had to have chris mill out the weld on spline part before we could put it on.

and before you bash me for leaving the stock shaft on let me explain why I kept it.. its adjustable bottom line. up down and in and out. so when i get in the seat i can fine tune it perfectly... and I know you can set up a aftermarket one just the same however to me it was easier and quicker.. bottomline.
    Castro Motorsports
    SLR Speed, Spec Clutch, Fuel Injector Connection, Turbojoe Tuned, Socal Sidewayz, Motorsport Hardware, StreetFighter_LA
    instagram @jefgroffaction

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    What's the plan for the cage? Get some paint on that beautiful thing! This would be the dream for me, I have a 335i. But it's got the daily duty for the foreseeable future..... not a track toy!
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    97' E36M3 11' e92 lsxm3
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    What's the plan for the cage? Get some paint on that beautiful thing! This would be the dream for me, I have a 335i. But it's got the daily duty for the foreseeable future..... not a track toy!
    yea i hear ya believe me!!!! I've been super busy with work the last several months and so it was on the back burner, only working on it a day here and a day there.. to be honest i sorta lost interest about a month ago because todays life stage is so busy then a few years back... however, im pumped to say im on the drive to get it finished and I can't wait to hear it running and moving under its own power.

car will be going to paint in next week or so. Ive been install parts and doing things until paint shop is ready.
    Castro Motorsports
    SLR Speed, Spec Clutch, Fuel Injector Connection, Turbojoe Tuned, Socal Sidewayz, Motorsport Hardware, StreetFighter_LA

My Cars
    97' E36M3 11' e92 lsxm3
    last week I finally got the rear FEAL true coilovers

top view from inside the cage
    Last edited by 1FRacing; 09-07-2018 at 03:35 PM. Reason: coding
    Castro Motorsports

My Cars
    97' E36M3 11' e92 lsxm3
    This is what I have been up to so that Im not wasting time while the car is just waiting to get into paint. (2 cars ahead of me from the shop)
    Swap LSD's (see below)
    Install solid Diff bushings- to follow
    Install solid subframe bushings- to follow
    Install wisefab rear kit- to follow

Last week I tore down my e34 m5 210mm diff that i was running in my e36 chassis with a os giken super lock lsd..(best lsd I've ever driven on) I was stoked to understand it was interchangeable with the e92 m3 diff case.

stock on left Os Giken on right.

my issue was my ring and crown was 3.15 in the e92m3 as my chassis was dct and my ring and crown on the old os giken LSD was 3.85 so i had to swap the ball bearing race on input shaft and i had to removal the needle bearing race on 3.85 input as the stock race inside the case was for ball bearing duals.
    I took it to hoopers rear end in the valley and man those dudes are legit. they stayed open late for me and after they broke the race on the 3.15 input they gave me a new race for free and got it all together no charge. You have to have a special bmw tool to remove the factory races because there is no room from the crown to the race to get a standard puller on it... believe me we tried everything before i went to hoopers. either was i'm stoked it all worked out and its all installed now.

next problem with running a aftermarket lsd is that you either need to buy the aftermarket input shafts from Diffsonline for 600$ or 480$ from wavetec and 525$ on Ebay?
    Or you can do what Os giken suggest and buy another long side(right) oem half shaft 180$ and cut it both down to 78.8mm so they can fit properly. If i didn't have access to a shop and tools i would be buying them.

Oem LSD- look at how close the left side grooves are.

Os giken LSD- look how much deeper they are. so the oem shorty axle shaft almost doesn't engage at all. so you have to run 2 modded shafts.
    Castro Motorsports

My Cars
    97' E36M3 11' e92 lsxm3
    //UPDATE OCT 5 2018//
    DIFF is still at the rear end shop.. (no pun intended) hahaha. trying to get the new sized ring and piñon to fit and back lash needed adj.
    car is currently being painted FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have decided to paint the whole car instead of wrapping it.... can anyone guess the colors? entire car is getting painted only separate color is the cage. whats your guess

huge thanks to my friend J for the hook up with his friend and body shop owner frankie at Dura Glo

Last edited by 1FRacing; 10-05-2018 at 08:40 PM. Reason: pix
    Castro Motorsports

My Cars
    330Ci
    Any chance of seeing this car in action next season?

My Cars
    97' E36M3 11' e92 lsxm3
    absolutely goal was to have it done this summer however time and work got in the way, my new goal is to have it ready for All Star Bash which is in nov. if i don't make that it will be tested and ready for Winter Jam Dec 2018. Im praying all things work out. Just waiting for it to come back from Paint and then I start assembling everything and get it moving. Im switching ecu's i believe. and then just wiring the car and setting up suspension etc.
    lots to do little time and I just bought a new practice car ill be announcing next week some time to sorta shake things up a bit... hahaha stay rad and thats for the support.
    Castro Motorsports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123