Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: silver bullet

My Cars
    98 328is
    ive got gopro vid of my ride alongs with you, but my buddy has my gopro, in austin. so.... eventually ill pull the footage.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Welcome back! How did you get the old bushings out?
    I just used a hammer and a screwdriver to collapse the metal sleeve onto itself and banged it out. The hardest part was keeping the trailing arm from flopping around. overall not as bad as I anticipated.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    none
    Also i got some sweet pics of the ole girl. She boogies
    IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg

After the first set of tires one of the coolant lines from the throttle body popped a little hole at the head. I trimmed the line shorter and reinstalled and all was well.
    IMG_1243.jpg

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Thanks for the new background for my work computer! Seeing your car makes me want to get some overfenders....like asap haha. Good Looking build too btw

My Cars
    none
    Curious if anyone has removed the inner structures of the hood and trunk? My hood is damaged and my trunk latch is literally cracked off so I figured id be a fun project to try and save some weight. Not sure how involved of a project it really is though. But if I can save 40lbs for free why not.

My Cars
    none
    Small update, I took the last event off just to relax and have fun. I was getting stressed always worrying about having my car read (even though it really requires nothing lol) I got a smoking deal on an AFE intake $50 for the intake and a Brand new filter i couldn't say no. Tossed it on and replacing my K&n drop in that I had previously. It sounds amazing and I honestly think it makes a difference up top.. who knows.
    IMG_1315.jpg

Also i got ride of the daily 318 vert, profited $1000 after driving it for 8 months and not spending a dime on it lol and picked up a tow rig. 96 Silverado 1 owner. I love the truck but man American cars are strange. Its so nice having something I can actually fit in and have some space. Borrowing a trailer for the next event. Its a two day event and I'm bringing 3-4 pairs and my pit bike so its going to be nice to have more than the trunk of my car to fit all of this crap in.
    IMG_1339.jpg

I tried to install these hood pins and they seem great in theory and under low load they'd probably work great. easy install. But on the highway they open up. fortunately I'm a smart boy and kept my factory safety latch thing. so no damage.
    IMG_1473.PNG

My Cars
    1995 325i
    If you want the tiny push button hood pins definitely get the locking ones.
    Quik Latch makes some sick ones but they're like $200 -
    There's a similar looking one on ebay that doesn't have the push pop deal, but has a mechanical lock so it shouldn't fail.

latch.jpg

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    sketchy. I used the quick latch mini's on my bumper and love them, but haven't tried the hood sized ones are theyre $$$$

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by E36austin View Post
    If you want the tiny push button hood pins definitely get the locking ones.
    Quik Latch makes some sick ones but they're like $200 -
    There's a similar looking one on ebay that doesn't have the push pop deal, but has a mechanical lock so it shouldn't fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    sketchy. I used the quick latch mini's on my bumper and love them, but haven't tried the hood sized ones are theyre $$$$
    I just put my factory latch back on, the only thing its missing is one sides spring/pin so its just a pain to release, you have to apply pressure when you pull the cable for the hood to actually pop open. but that's an easy fix. Might use the little ones for my front bumper. I need to order an M3 bumper but not sure which to get because i want the removable OEM lip

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    you doing anything with that k&n drop in? might be interested if you were looking to sell it

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post
    you doing anything with that k&n drop in? might be interested if you were looking to sell it
    ill let him chime in, but ive got a K&N cone filter on a 3" pipe (cant remember the brand right now) id be willing to sell.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post

Yea man id sell it, email me d.antoniou.94@gmail I had the box opened up on the side and it sounded good

My Cars
    none
    Had a 2 day event this weekend and it was awesome. Car did great I probably go 50-60 laps in with out any mechanical issues, super happy with how the cars been driving. you can just send it to full lock and romp on it.

I did how ever bend something in the rear. They had some plastic K-Rails set up and i ad got into them a few times but not bad, the first or second lap the second day i knew i was coming in to deep, the correct action would be more angle and throttle to drive away from the wall. but i lifted, straightened the car a bit to try and slow my acceleration toward the wall and just 4 wheel slid into the wall with the whole side of my car. The pass rear wheel is toed out with the toe adjustment set full toe in visually I see nothing bent or out of place. I took some half assed measurements but again didn't see anything. You can see here the wheel is about 3/4in further in the wheel well and you can see its toed out. Still drove fine other than dog shit alignment.

Anyone have any ideas where to start looking? seems kind of crazy that i could have bent that big ass cast arm but who knows.
    IMG_1679.jpg

This one if you look you can see its toed out about an inch maybe a little less. before the impact it was toed in about 1/2 maybe (eye ball aligned)

IMG_1683.jpg

Only other pic I snagged. Lost some trim but man this car is good. Snuck out with A group and got some tandem action in for the first time ever and it was so rad! got yelled at for no cage teehee

IMG_1684.jpg

My Cars
    98 328is
    come out to the event this coming Sunday. we had a few noobs get in over 100 laps over the course of the day at last months event. but we did have 2 tracks going. this month it seems the plan is to have 1 big track. We also allow semi-tandem with no cage. basically just leave a gap for mistakes. did you ever get with Armando about that trailing arm? he pulled the entire subframe while i was there sunday. full non-m trailing with hubs and megan racing adjustable arms.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    come out to the event this coming Sunday. we had a few noobs get in over 100 laps over the course of the day at last months event. but we did have 2 tracks going. this month it seems the plan is to have 1 big track. We also allow semi-tandem with no cage. basically just leave a gap for mistakes. did you ever get with Armando about that trailing arm? he pulled the entire subframe while i was there sunday. full non-m trailing with hubs and megan racing adjustable arms.
    I just spent $500 in tires on the last event. I'm taking a little time off lol. but yea I'm going to grab that subframe tonight after work. I'm ordering a cage in the next week or so and me and Alex groves are going to knock it out. Its about time i get a little more serious I guess. Kinda dumb to just burn tires alone, I'm not progressing as a driver. I want to get out there with some good A class guys and focus on becoming consistent and reactive to other drivers.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Burning tires really is just burning money... I burned about that 3 weekends ago and then $300 the next weekend... Not even including reg costs!
    I wanted to ask-Where'd you get your knockoff fenders from? One day I might want front fenders so that I can dropt eh front way lower, but name brand flares are crazy expensive.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    Burning tires really is just burning money... I burned about that 3 weekends ago and then $300 the next weekend... Not even including reg costs!
    I wanted to ask-Where'd you get your knockoff fenders from? One day I might want front fenders so that I can dropt eh front way lower, but name brand flares are crazy expensive.
    Fitment lab, they are amazing and half price lol. $500 shipped and i literally treat them like Shit and have no issues. Some big plans in the works at my local track and i want my car ready ( and me as a driver) when the time comes.

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    I just spent $500 in tires on the last event. I'm taking a little time off lol. but yea I'm going to grab that subframe tonight after work. I'm ordering a cage in the next week or so and me and Alex groves are going to knock it out. Its about time i get a little more serious I guess. Kinda dumb to just burn tires alone, I'm not progressing as a driver. I want to get out there with some good A class guys and focus on becoming consistent and reactive to other drivers.
    i get exactly how you feel. im not the best, but i also feel like im stagnating because its just me out on the track alone doing my thing. i need someone to follow and to try and mimic even if they arent the best either.

what cage are you going with?

My Cars
    none
    i get exactly how you feel. im not the best, but i also feel like im stagnating because its just me out on the track alone doing my thing. i need someone to follow and to try and mimic even if they arent the best either.

what cage are you going with?
    I think I'm going with the big duck club 4 point and I'm going to have ale help me with down bars and ill make the door bars and maybe add some gussets for cool points. haven't decided. Spent the last 24 hours wrestling cooling system gremlins and trying to sap out this trailing arm... not fun

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Fitment lab, they are amazing and half price lol. $500 shipped and i literally treat them like Shit and have no issues.
    Contacted them, nothing for the e46 but plans to make them in the winter. Might tell them I'd be happy to test them, but it seems unlikely that they'd give mem a break shipping form the UK. Were yours shipped from the UK? Seems prohibitively expensive, but if the price is right I'd snag them.
    That, or I'm an idiot and looking at the wrong fitment lab!

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    Contacted them, nothing for the e46 but plans to make them in the winter. Might tell them I'd be happy to test them, but it seems unlikely that they'd give mem a break shipping form the UK. Were yours shipped from the UK? Seems prohibitively expensive, but if the price is right I'd snag them.
    That, or I'm an idiot and looking at the wrong fitment lab!
    Check ebay, mine came from California apparently. Shipped in about 8 days I think. Id say they are worth the wait, great quality honestly.

My Cars
    none
    Im a big stupid idiot and blew my headgasket lol. I got distracted while checking coolant level and didn't put my expansion tank cap on and overheated it. But I'm pulling the head this week and just ordered a gasket set. I went with Elring hope it works.

Also ordered some bolt on dual caliper goodies, willwood calipers and an ASD Pull up style hand brake so stay tuned for all those updates.

Any m3 cams for sale in south texas lol

My Cars
    98 328is
    Im a big stupid idiot and blew my headgasket lol. I got distracted while checking coolant level and didn't put my expansion tank cap on and overheated it. But I'm pulling the head this week and just ordered a gasket set. I went with Elring hope it works.

Also ordered some bolt on dual caliper goodies, willwood calipers and an ASD Pull up style hand brake so stay tuned for all those updates.

Any m3 cams for sale in south texas lol
    who'd you go with for the caliper kit?

My Cars
    none
    who'd you go with for the caliper kit?
    I honestly forget haha. I think they are called Drift HQ. Its a billet bracket that holds a willwood caliper. Intro price of $250 for the brackets. Should ship in a couple weeks, calipers should show up today.

My Cars
    98 328is
    I honestly forget haha. I think they are called Drift HQ. Its a billet bracket that holds a willwood caliper. Intro price of $250 for the brackets. Should ship in a couple weeks, calipers should show up today.
    ah. yea, i think i posted the instagram photo in RETRO. that ones cool cause they utilize the Non-M trailing arm unlick the massive kit that you have to swap to the M3 setup. kinda weird the drift hq M3 setup was designed around E39 calipers though and not wilwoods like the Non-M drift hq version.

lemme know how it goes. im interested, but i hate the idea of losing my OEM ebrake. my driveway is angled hard and the street is sloped down hill, so if i do i locking hydro and it fails, im fucked.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast