Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: silver bullet

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post
    quick question about the ichiba adapters... Were the lug bolt heads too long when you mounted your wheels? I test fitted a vssd on my car a few months ago and the adapter went on fine, then when I went to test fit the rezax the lug bolt head was too long and stuck out past the spacer and didn't allow the wheel to sit flush on the adapter. Did you run into this? The only thing I can think of is that the lug bolts I was using the second time were replacement ones I bought from ecs and when I mounted the vssd they were just oem ones that came with the car. I found some short head lug bolts that I was gonna order but I just wanted to check

So it depends on the wheel. My gram lights have enough space that they don't interfere. But also the Ichiba adapters come with special low profile bolts with thin heads. Be careful in the rear the bolts will hit your parking braking brake assembly. Chances are your vssd have more material milled out than the rezax, see if you can source those thin headed bolts.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    So it depends on the wheel. My gram lights have enough space that they don't interfere. But also the Ichiba adapters come with special low profile bolts with thin heads. Be careful in the rear the bolts will hit your parking braking brake assembly. Chances are your vssd have more material milled out than the rezax, see if you can source those thin headed bolts.
    I'm probably going to go ahead and order some short headed bolts. I removed the parking brake assembly in the rear so that shouldnt be a big issue, but I still feel like the bolts are too long. Did you trim your bolts/order new ones and if you did how long are they? I believe stock is 25mm and with the short head theres options from 19mm-25mm so I was leaning towards ordering the 19mm or 21mm but I figured I would as to see

My Cars
    none
    I'm probably going to go ahead and order some short headed bolts. I removed the parking brake assembly in the rear so that shouldnt be a big issue, but I still feel like the bolts are too long. Did you trim your bolts/order new ones and if you did how long are they? I believe stock is 25mm and with the short head theres options from 19mm-25mm so I was leaning towards ordering the 19mm or 21mm but I figured I would as to see

Fueled by coors light and rap music I willy-nilly cut like 10mm off the threaded portion of the bolt with an angle grinder lol. But I did use the ichiba supplied short headed bolts to do so. Not positive on their length stock.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Fueled by coors light and rap music I willy-nilly cut like 10mm off the threaded portion of the bolt with an angle grinder lol. But I did use the ichiba supplied short headed bolts to do so. Not positive on their length stock.
    LOL, i'll probably just order the 19mm then and use the ichiba lug nuts that came with them also. Thanks brotha

My Cars
    none
    Lil update from the weekend. The boys at napa hooked it up with some color matched 354 titan silver in aerosol cans for cheap. They paint guy was a e36 enthusiast so I think he gave me a little discount, is nice to now genuine people still exist. So I purple powered the fenders to get any oils off, then scratched it up with 600, primed it, wet sanded 800, then laid the color down. Some of the cans sprayed flawlessly some of them did not. there are some tiger strips but I mean for a $50 afternoon paint job I couldn't be happier. The only thing I need to do is order some 2k clear and lay some more clear coat down. I've had great experience with it in the past. The clear i used just didn't have any depth to it.

Here is the first one I sprayed on the hood outside to show the color comparison.
    54179574153__70E722E5-C19E-4347-9E3E-5CC9E2D8EEAD.jpg

54179985418__086CF6B6-64C2-4253-8D49-E07F42FBEC5B.jpg
    I also painted my gram lights white. I like it a lot. I was told to use appliance epoxy and that it will come out like powder coat some ill probably redo them.
    IMG_0425.jpg
    54180082793__2BA8714C-9CD1-4AF4-8E51-E7A5EBF32FE1.jpg

My Cars
    98 328is
    Lil update from the weekend. The boys at napa hooked it up with some color matched 354 titan silver in aerosol cans for cheap. They paint guy was a e36 enthusiast so I think he gave me a little discount, is nice to now genuine people still exist. So I purple powered the fenders to get any oils off, then scratched it up with 600, primed it, wet sanded 800, then laid the color down. Some of the cans sprayed flawlessly some of them did not. there are some tiger strips but I mean for a $50 afternoon paint job I couldn't be happier. The only thing I need to do is order some 2k clear and lay some more clear coat down. I've had great experience with it in the past. The clear i used just didn't have any depth to it.

Here is the first one I sprayed on the hood outside to show the color comparison.
    54179574153__70E722E5-C19E-4347-9E3E-5CC9E2D8EEAD.jpg

54179985418__086CF6B6-64C2-4253-8D49-E07F42FBEC5B.jpg
    I also painted my gram lights white. I like it a lot. I was told to use appliance epoxy and that it will come out like powder coat some ill probably redo them.
    IMG_0425.jpg
    54180082793__2BA8714C-9CD1-4AF4-8E51-E7A5EBF32FE1.jpg
    did you go to the Napa on Alamo street near downtown? if so, Jay works there. he has the 5.0 swapped e36.

and 2nded the spraymax2k. i used the matte stuff on my style 5s i just traded and that stuff was awesome. made the color pop without brining the shiny-ness i was trying to avoid with a regular clear coat. i currently have a can of semi-matte for my style 19s i need to get started on.
    Last edited by RandomHero27; 03-06-2018 at 09:36 AM.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    did you go to the Napa on Alamo street near downtown? if so, Jay works there. he has the 5.0 swapped e36.

and 2nded the spraymax2k. i used the matte stuff on my style 5s i just traded and that stuff was awesome. made the color pop without brining the shiny-ness i was trying to avoid with a regular clear coat. i currently have a can of semi-matte for my style 19s i need to get started on.
    Yea man that's the guy, super nice. and hurry up and finish them style 19's!! love them wheels

My Cars
    98 328is
    Yea man that's the guy, super nice. and hurry up and finish them style 19's!! love them wheels
    gonna try and get them done before the 18th. but i still gotta finish my seat project and start on the power steering stuff. so much to do so little time blowing my back out really screwed up my time management.

My Cars
    1997 328i, 89 325ix
    the white wheels on silver look super dope!

My Cars
    1994 325is
    How's the LSD holding up? I have a 3.38 right now that I've been thinking about swapping it out from my 3.91

My Cars
    none
    Just did an "event" on Tuesday, 3:23 lsd with 4 clutch upgrade from "racing diffs" out of Serbia and i loved it. hot lapped the car in 80* weather no issues. Felt great. the transitions felt more like welded than my previous 3 clutch witch was nice. The car preformed great. I could get it to step out on throttle coming back on the straight no problem it was sick.

I helped the Clubloose Tx boys clean literaly 100+ 55 gallon drums full of trash, and film a rule book/etiquette video and helped get a good course layout. Did a ride along in a 350whp rb20 s13 an holly shit i want a fast car. It was literally insane.

Steering: offset control arm bushings, e46 arms, rack spacers 18x8.5 et0. The car damn near drove itself. self steer and angle was amazing.

Tires: federal 595 225/35/18 rear; I didn't like them, they lasted maybe 10 laps tread delamed on one and they got greasy when they were hot. Granted I was running like 50psi but still my kendas did way better.
    Grenlander uhp cheapies up front 215/40/18. I loved them they steer great plenty of cold grip, never got greasy didn't wear at all. It was an accident honestly, I was supposed to get federals up front but tire guy ordered the wrong ones. Any way I'm super happy with them.

Alignment: 1/8 toe out front, 1/4 toe in rear 8* front camber -1 rear camber

So far ive reduced rear camber to 0 to try and get that perfect tire wear. And I'm adding a puller fan just incase, in hot lap situations it would start to creep up so id like to minimize that. Other than that ive got some more tires on the way and I'm ready for a full day of driving sunday!

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Jealous of the 80 degree weather. I'm sitting here in the 30s.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    tell me about it lol, that one day we had in the high 50's-60 I was out in shorts and a t shirt but this cold won't go away

My Cars
    none
    tell me about it lol, that one day we had in the high 50's-60 I was out in shorts and a t shirt but this cold won't go away
    Its got it ups and downs. its hard to escape the sun in a giant parking lot and I don't have room in my car for a pop up tent or anything. but its also great having the garage door open at night and wrenching. I miss the east coast but not the winters or the rusty cars.

My Cars
    98 328is
    Its got it ups and downs. its hard to escape the sun in a giant parking lot and I don't have room in my car for a pop up tent or anything. but its also great having the garage door open at night and wrenching. I miss the east coast but not the winters or the rusty cars.
    its a tetris game but i can get a canopy in my car. usually just put it in the front seat while reclined, or if my kids passenger put it in the pass through from the trunk.

its gonna get brutal here in a few months though.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    The only reason I can fit everything in my car right now is because I don't have a passenger seat in it lol, it's hard to get everything in with the roll cage tho as it is, so once I put the pass seat in I'll be in trouble. Usually I bring a chair and get there early so I can usually get a spot underneath a tree at etown

My Cars
    98 328is
    The only reason I can fit everything in my car right now is because I don't have a passenger seat in it lol, it's hard to get everything in with the roll cage tho as it is, so once I put the pass seat in I'll be in trouble. Usually I bring a chair and get there early so I can usually get a spot underneath a tree at etown
    lol. this hit me a few weeks ago. i have a coupe. when i finally put a roll cage in, my access to the back seat to put tires/wheels/supplies will be severely reduced. now i get why 4 doors are the way to go.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    lol. this hit me a few weeks ago. i have a coupe. when i finally put a roll cage in, my access to the back seat to put tires/wheels/supplies will be severely reduced. now i get why 4 doors are the way to go.
    I may have to start giving this a shot...

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'm gonna get one of those trailer hitch thingies where it just dangles off the back and has no wheels. But also yea 4 door ftw.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    98 328is
    I'm gonna get one of those trailer hitch thingies where it just dangles off the back and has no wheels. But also yea 4 door ftw.
    im an idiot. i bought a curt hitch off a parts car for $40. then i flipped it for $120. ugh.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'm eyeing this carrier https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb...1_c4017b&sfid=

and whatever hitch I can find.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    "350whp Rb20" = "fast"?

Just kidding, sort of. Reminds me why I did one event in my E46 before I swapped it haha

My Cars
    98 328is
    How was the event today? Decided to kick it at home and play board games all day with my kid and girlfriend. Had a family day.

Next sunday the 25th, gonna have a mega shop day where im gonna work on my car all day. If you wanna come out and help im gonna be at Joses shop, with the E28 M5, next to PiM.

My Cars
    none
    long time no update... I was away in Colorado for 8 weeks so I've been ghost. But I did get some things done this last weekend. After months of struggling to pinpoint my low power, strange misfire symptoms I figured it out. I had replaced my faulty cam sensor with an AutoZone one and I should have known better. Finally tested it and it was bad out of the box. So i replaced it with a VDO one and it run a million times better. Probably has an additional 20-30 hp.

After a drive in the rain I realized how trashed my RTAB were so I ordered some NERP TECH solid ones. Install wasn't to bad, I used a big ass c clamp to press them in. They feel great the power delivery on/off throttle response feels so much better, rear end feels better in drift more planted over bumps for sure. Running into suspension travel issues in the rear so I need to order shorter rear shocks from fortune auto I think.

I went with the offset ones to get my toe in spec.
    IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

Also attended Clubloose Texas memorial moves witch was a blast. The car ran great minus a little hiccup with a throttle body coolant line springing a leak at the head. Went through 3 sets of tires trying different brands to see what last best. More on that later. Here are a few pictures. Car ran pretty cool for 100 weather and about 5 mins between laps. I installed a new water pump, thermostat (PO had removed it to my surprise...) and thermostat housing. I may reinstall my clutch fan for piece of mind. Its too hot in texas. Heat was the enemy of the tires though for sure.

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Welcome back! How did you get the old bushings out?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast