Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: silver bullet

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    ah. yea, i think i posted the instagram photo in RETRO. that ones cool cause they utilize the Non-M trailing arm unlick the massive kit that you have to swap to the M3 setup. kinda weird the drift hq M3 setup was designed around E39 calipers though and not wilwoods like the Non-M drift hq version.

lemme know how it goes. im interested, but i hate the idea of losing my OEM ebrake. my driveway is angled hard and the street is sloped down hill, so if i do i locking hydro and it fails, im fucked.
    Just put it in gear lol. Don't get locking hydro stuff ive been told its bad for the brake system. I wouldn't trust it.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I've been considering these because it seems like you might be able to keep the cable brake. I refuse to get rid of mine.
    http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=1534465501336

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    https://srs-concept.com/product/e36e...apter-v2-weld/ is a better link FYI. Thanks for reminding me. I was gonna buy these for my seconday calipers soon.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    none
    So good and bad news, Finally got my cylinder head removed and it is cracked on the #3 cylinder between the coolant port and exhaust valve. The rest of the head looked great. So I sourced a "good" head local for $100 (a steal) and got it home and found 2 slightly bent exhaust valves. What ever, I made some little tools to remove the springs and retainers and swapped out the valves and checked for leaks with brake cleaner. Seems good lol....

Here is the crack, head has been off before. Non oem gasket and stop leak all through the motor..
    IMG_1979.jpg
    here is the current nightmare in my garage lol
    IMG_1999.jpg

Also the mail man dropped off some goodies
    IMG_1966.jpg

Found some s50 cams local to me I'm gonna grab and throw in, stopping by the machine shop today to have the head resurfaced. Also think i found a nice ASD hydro local as well... Ive got 2 weeks till the next drift event.

My Cars
    none
    After 30-40 hours of work in 100* texas weather, My car is running again! Finished up the head gasket/head/cam replacement. Overall it wasn't overwhelmingly difficult. I was intimidated at first, and is definitely time consuming but If I were to do it again i could probably save 8-10 hour.

I got the head back decked and with new valve seals and tossed in my new s50 cams, Cam install and removal in overwhelmingly easy although people loos their minds about it in fear of cracking cams.
    IMG_2057.jpg

I stopped taking photos because I was covered in assembly lube and oil lol. Took me a few times to get the motor timed correctly, I used the dr.vanos guide and that was the key to my success. After the timing was confirmed I pretty much zipped everything together with an impact gun and started it up. To my surprise it ran perfect and idled right away. I was overwhelmingly nervous and relived.

The cams feel great, the car is stock ecu, AFE intake, m50 manifold, and muffler. Feels more responsive below 3k and above that it really screams (as much as a 2.5L 180k motor can) the sound from the intake is incredible lol. excited to tune it for some more RPM and power hopefully.

My drift HQ caliper brackets came in as well.... not super happy with the company. The listed the wrong caliper part number and i had to reorder calipers and mail my old ones back ($30 in shipping) and then they arrived and the finish was damaged and i had to clearance one of the holes and file some material off. In all honesty it wasn't that big of a deal but for almost $300 for 1.5lbs of aluminum i would have expected more. They dud refund me $30 for the hassle so make of it what you wish.
    IMG_2081.jpgIMG_2053.jpgIMG_2084.jpg

ASD hydro and brake lines should be here Wednesday and I have an event this weekend so I hope nothing gets delayed!

My Cars
    98 328is
    good shit man. im letting mine sit while i get life stuff in order, but when i come back i may have an S52 head with cams on mine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345