Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool wagons up for grabs:

My Cars
    540iT, 335i, X5, NSX
    The typical bidder/buyer high standards on BaT are a double edged sword, and if you fake the right things, people will trust that a car is good simply because of how it's sold on BaT. If you're honest, it may net you a higher price or quite the opposite. I personally trusted that I could buy with confidence from BaT and that bit me hard. I finally received the blue 6 speed Touring I won after waiting almost 2 months, only to find out the car was COMPLETELY misrepresented and the dealer basically pulled a big con on me. I will post my story here soon, but suffice to say the car is a total project. Wasn't even driveable as delivered and I'm still uncovering a laundry list of issues after spending every spare minute over the last two weeks getting it roadworthy (and at about a grand in parts and counting).
    Last edited by VR4Rob; 05-22-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    2000 E39 540i Touring 6MT conversion, Biarritz Blue/Black
    2010 E90 335i 6MT M-Sport, Space Gray/Black
    2013 E70 X5 35i M-Sport, Sapphire Black/Cinnamon
    1998 NA2 NSX-T turbo, Berlina Black/Camel

My Cars
    z3

My Cars
    BMWs: 1; MINIs: 1
    Anxious to hear the story.
    I like the unicorns.
    '99 Z3 Coupe - Jet Black/Black (1-of-114)
    '99 M Coupe - Estoril Blue/Black (1-of-82)
    '03 540iT - Sterling Gray/Black (1-of-24)
    '16 Z4 sDrive35i - Estoril Blue/Walnut (1-of-8)

My Cars
    '01 E39 M5 LeMans Blue
    Bummer!

With persons of unknown character things can go sideways in no time.

Karma is a bitch,they will get theirs somewhere downline and they shouldn't wonder why.

Best of luck!
    2001 BMW 540i/A Japanrot
    2001 BMW M5 LeMans Blue
    2002 BMW M5 Sterling Grey

My Cars
    BMW
    Wagon is up for grabs. May attempt the BAT method if I can't find a buyer through CL. I am very transparent, just need to get some more pics up with further details.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto...934587335.html

My Cars
    03 540iT M-Sport Wagon

2003 540iT M-Sport Wagon

I hope it's not rude to post my own.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto...923467645.html

Flickr album with many photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/widdgg...57708946392283

I've had disappointing response so far and would appreciate honest feedback; too expensive, too many miles, too far away, too stock?
    All my arguments *for* it are in the write-ups.

Thanks,
    2014 i3 BEV, 2016 X5 xDrive40e
    Myrtle Beach SC

My Cars
    2002 540i Touring Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by tinius View Post

I've had disappointing response so far and would appreciate honest feedback; too expensive, too many miles, too far away, too stock?

Thanks,
    I think you're inline with the pricing. The mileage is what is/might scare most away, but mechanically is appears sound other than the mentioned leaks. Exterior color is a seller, but the beige isn't everyone's cup of tea (I should know). The fact that it's an M-Sport, Black and most mechanical issues sorted will help out. Give it some time. Throw it up on Ebay, Cargurus and Autotrader to widen the your market. There are folks willing to pay to fly or ship for what they feel is a deal. Of course post it in the Classifieds here if you haven't...I didn't look. Hold your price as long as you can. At least you're not asking 17K! Haha. All the best with the sale.
    Last edited by Rossagge; 07-18-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Ed

Keep on modding and fixing!..

My Cars
    '00 540iT
    For me the transmission shudder would be a concern at that mileage considering everything else is very well sorted. I've always loved your wagon. I'm sorry to see it go.

My Cars
    1995 525i/5

Thanks,
    I think the pricing is just right for it being an M-Sport... I've seen people asking $10k+ for M-Sports in far worse condition. The mileage is what would scare most people away, I feel like people shopping for an M-Sport all want pristine, low-mileage garage queens. Your car is just in an awkward spot where it's too expensive for the cheapskate (like me) but too cheap/high mileage for somebody with real money to spend.

I'd honestly just wait it out and see what happens. If you truly can't find anybody locally to buy it, consider eBay or BaT.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    03 540iT M-Sport Wagon
    Thanks for the opinions. It already has been listed on Autotrader, Cars.com, Cargurus, Bimmerforums, Bimmerfest, Craigslist Charleston and Craigslist Myrtle Beach, eBay (fixed price), six Facebook groups and BMW CCA. Certainly one problem is the location, there just aren't people who would drop by to see it as in an urban area.
    I've thought about BaT, but I really don't want to see it go for only a couple thousand dollars. Or maybe that's all it's worth.
    I don't have the skills, tools or place to part it out.

I've been in an E39 wagon since 2005. First a 99 528iT commuter that carried me 80,000 miles in and around Washington DC. Even with 165K miles it looked as good and ran as well as this one. Brandon RVAE34 bought it for his LS swap project. It had a super-clean beige interior, too, but it wasn't what he needed and ended up in the landfill. Then an 02 525iT Sport 5-speed which was sweet, but my wife doesn't drive stick and it wouldn't have worked for traveling. So I found this 540iT in 2013 and I think I have looked at every surface of every part front to back, I know the cosmetic side, anyway, and have disassembled and reassembled all the parts that move and most that don't. But I am aging out of keeping a car as a hobby and moving to its replacement, a 2016 X5, will take some adjustment. I'm sure you guys know what it's like when it feels like the car has finally adapted to *you* and everything just fits and works.

Thx,
    2014 i3 BEV, 2016 X5 xDrive40e
    Myrtle Beach SC

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    DONT PART IT OUT!!!!! That car is so clean, it needs to live on! Sit tight, someone will scoop it up. Those miles are nothing for an enthusiast that knows what it took to have the car with that many miles and how clean it is.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    It would be a great candidate for a manual swap at that mileage, that would take care of all of its issues and would make it a good bit quicker too!
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    BMW
    Finally had time to get some interior shots. Posted in Classifieds as well:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-Sport-Touring

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Thanks for the opinions. It already has been listed on Autotrader, Cars.com, Cargurus, Bimmerforums, Bimmerfest, Craigslist Charleston and Craigslist Myrtle Beach, eBay (fixed price), six Facebook groups and BMW CCA. Certainly one problem is the location, there just aren't people who would drop by to see it as in an urban area.
    I've thought about BaT, but I really don't want to see it go for only a couple thousand dollars. Or maybe that's all it's worth.
    I don't have the skills, tools or place to part it out.

I've been in an E39 wagon since 2005. First a 99 528iT commuter that carried me 80,000 miles in and around Washington DC. Even with 165K miles it looked as good and ran as well as this one. Brandon RVAE34 bought it for his LS swap project. It had a super-clean beige interior, too, but it wasn't what he needed and ended up in the landfill. Then an 02 525iT Sport 5-speed which was sweet, but my wife doesn't drive stick and it wouldn't have worked for traveling. So I found this 540iT in 2013 and I think I have looked at every surface of every part front to back, I know the cosmetic side, anyway, and have disassembled and reassembled all the parts that move and most that don't. But I am aging out of keeping a car as a hobby and moving to its replacement, a 2016 X5, will take some adjustment. I'm sure you guys know what it's like when it feels like the car has finally adapted to *you* and everything just fits and works.

Thx,
    Its all about timing and having the right person(s) looking at the same time its for sale. I sold my 2003 540iT M Sport after just over three months of being listed on Autotrader and classifieds here. Hated selling it because I really loved the car, but some damn serious health issues kicked me hard & still dealing with so I had no choice. What I found there is a fine line between what (most) looking for one are willing to spend and knowing what one of these is actually worth. High mileage is the #1 problem no matter the condition to almost every buyer. Car can be immaculate and again (most) wont understand that. Mine had developed an oil problem otherwise IM 100% positive would have gotten at least 13K+++...because of the oil problem sold it for $9500...its going to be turned into a real head turner by the new owner. Prices for clean cars, well maintained (lower) miles always sell easier, and when many start to pop up for sale those looking start to see more and more listed they tend to think prices listed are too high, so they sit and wait to see how long it will stay listed...neither of the two listed is out of range but fall into the timing they are for sale...just need to be patient...the 2003 M is high but not by much...I didn't have the resources to keep mine and fix the problem motor, going to buy another one, for me its timing because I like both and could see buying either...to keep me interested after freeing up my medical bills I bought a 2010 535xi E61 because I needed another wagon and the one I bought has all the problems sorted and its one hell of a fun ride...another 540iT its all about the timing...

My Cars
    BMW
    Actually have this thing reasonably priced now. Please give me your opinions if you have any. Was way too high to begin with. Selling with some new suspension components for the front end from FCP. $500+ worth. Excellent daily driver, and could use a 3.0 swap!

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-Sport-Touring

My Cars
    e39
    Now THIS is a cool wagon! Obviously owning 3 tourings I love the long roof and recently I picked up a 12' X5D which will be the daily, mountain/tow/road trip vehicle. It has the M57 motor which is one of the most overlooked motors BMW had produced. A workhorse motor that had been around for over a decade in different iterations and technical updates, the US market got the best one with twin compound turbos. Motor efficient, easily tuned, and most importantly (IMO) super reliable. With hybrid turbos these things are good for about 450whp 700ft/lb of torque and it can do that all day with the stock motor stock trans. That's E70 X5M power with an additional 200 ft/lbs at the wheels. Oh, and the X5 can get 30mpg highway where the 335d is 40+.

Anyway, take a moment to appreciate this underappreciated motor and dissect the beautiful and thorough OEM+ wagon build Bradley did.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-bmw-335d-2/

Evan

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    I think you`re right on the money now and won't scare away the buyer looking at what the other price originally was. Kudos to you too for being so honest all the way down to the details you know what you'd like to do to the car if you were going to keep it. That only comes from driving it for so many miles, got to love an owner who knows their car top to bottom. Honestly, it is a car from an owner id love to be buying from. The ad says a lot about the person selling the car, one thing that literally drives me nuts is how many poorly written ads i see on a daily basis I think to myself WTF are they thinking...I literally look at close to 500 cars a week and amazing how many idiots cant put even a simple ad together. If my situation was different id be a player on that car now...the stick has appeal...plus I know a member is a lot more passionate about any car they own, and those are the sellers I look for...

I've had my eye on that wagon since the first day it was listed...impeccable, immaculate, damn one nice ride...new owner is going to be one lucky person...the first day I saw it couldn't believe the amount of detail & the car is amazing...I think I've looked that car at least 20 times from seeing it listed on BaT since the day it went up...wish $$$ wasn't a problem could see locking it up...

After selling my 2003 540iT M Sport and getting some breathing room on my health crap had to get away from the daily routine that was making my life hell. I started looking for another wagon, the E61 always on my list I bought this because it had a lot already done to it and figured everything I don't like I will change. The interior was 99% a deal-breaker for me until seeing it in person...definitely not for everyone but I actually like it and won't be changing it, (was going to rip it out) car overall has won me over and I really don't care what others think on what interior looks like cause some don't like it...my first offer was to have owner paint rails and mirrors but he said no...car is different but fits and if I change my mind car has a lot of the problems sorted. PO still hasnt taken the original ad down...

Used 2010 BMW 535i xDrive for sale in Lake Forest, CA 92630: Wagon Details - 514300070 - Autotrader
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 07-26-2019 at 01:53 AM.

My Cars
    2000 540i Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRSUVS View Post
    I think you`re right on the money now and won't scare away the buyer looking at what the other price originally was. Kudos to you too for being so honest all the way down to the details you know what you'd like to do to the car if you were going to keep it. That only comes from driving it for so many miles, got to love an owner who knows their car top to bottom. Honestly, it is a car from an owner id love to be buying from. The ad says a lot about the person selling the car, one thing that literally drives me nuts is how many poorly written ads i see on a daily basis I think to myself WTF are they thinking...I literally look at close to 500 cars a week and amazing how many idiots cant put even a simple ad together. If my situation was different id be a player on that car now...the stick has appeal...plus I know a member is a lot more passionate about any car they own, and those are the sellers I look for...

I've had my eye on that wagon since the first day it was listed...impeccable, immaculate, damn one nice ride...new owner is going to be one lucky person...the first day I saw it couldn't believe the amount of detail & the car is amazing...I think I've looked that car at least 20 times from seeing it listed on BaT since the day it went up...wish $$$ wasn't a problem could see locking it up...

After selling my 2003 540iT M Sport and getting some breathing room on my health crap had to get away from the daily routine that was making my life hell. I started looking for another wagon, the E61 always on my list I bought this because it had a lot already done to it and figured everything I don't like I will change. The interior was 99% a deal-breaker for me until seeing it in person...definitely not for everyone but I actually like it and won't be changing it, (was going to rip it out) car overall has won me over and I really don't care what others think on what interior looks like cause some don't like it...my first offer was to have owner paint rails and mirrors but he said no...car is different but fits and if I change my mind car has a lot of the problems sorted. PO still hasnt taken the original ad down...

Used 2010 BMW 535i xDrive for sale in Lake Forest, CA 92630: Wagon Details - 514300070 - Autotrader
    Interior kinda looks like it came straight out of a Texas pickup truck, but I could see how it might grow on you. Cool car and I hope it works out well and your health crap gets better too.

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Appreciate the well wishes, been a hell of a ride, guy selling owned a pot dispensary / state giving him grief needed $$$$ ASAP, his mechanic selling the car but wasn't answering emails. First time saw ad it caught my eye, but the interior was a WTF moment. After a month of no answer to emails wrote it off. Kept seeing ad when I was looking / originally listed at 18K, lowered to 14K, finally $12500...he called out of the blue, I was the first on the list. Made offer $11000 / paint rails / mirrors didnt like the color, he said no. Interior still was no way...after seeing so many cars in crappy condition figured the price was worth it...seeing interior day I picked up the car actually liked it, dosent look as trashy as you might think & actually works better than expected...
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 07-26-2019 at 03:37 PM.

My Cars
    z3

Nice

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Your a brave man

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Mooo! Now that would take some getting used to.
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post

Nice
    Thanks... definitely not for everyone, major reason almost passed, wasn't sure if I could deal with it. Seeing in person has a different look car and interior (at least to me) looks pretty cool...wouldnt even consider changing it now...probably will change rails/mirrors/&grill......New Wagon 004.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 07-27-2019 at 07:20 AM.

My Cars
    128i, 11 328it, 02 525iT

Thumbs down 01 525it 5 speed

I don't post often but I thought this board may be interested in this car: VIN WBADS33481GD50223 LINK

I looked at it today and below were my findings:

Pros:
    • One owner
    • Low miles (59k)
    • Manual
    • Clean Carfax
    • Rear glass hatch not rusted
    • Clutch seemed good
    • Suspension was OK but not great

Cons:
    • Significant dent on the drivers fender as seen in the pictures
    • Passenger side riddled with door dings
    • Passenger side front door through quarter panel was sideswiped
    • Missing trim around rear licenses plate
    • Antenna needs to be replace and roof dented around it. Looks like something was on the roof rack and it pushed down on the antenna.
    • Typical city rear bumper damage
    • Interior seats not bad but ware marks on drivers seat bottom (wallet?) and small stain on rear
    • Drivers seat switch broke, motors work
    • Drivers window auto up/down does not work
    • Passenger cup holder broke (who's isn't?)
    • Has the common rust in the corners of the rear tailgate where it meets the interior trim below the glass
    • Tires are shot
    • Valve cover gaskets were leaking
    • Check engine lite on, code P0444
    • Smell of coolant in engine bay
    • OVERHEATED while parked at the dealer.

While the miles are low this appeared to be a well-used city car. As much as I wanted another low mileage manual wagon the list was way too long and cost too much. I didn't trust driving it home after watching it overheat so I had to walk. My wife's 02 with 120k is in much better shape.

My Cars
    128i, 11 328it, 02 525iT

Thanks,
    Your car caught my eye when i was checking CL while I was in Charleston over the 4th. It is a beautiful car and the biggest plus is the car is stock, second the maintenance. For 200k+ miles and with those problems it is more the I would pay.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast