Thread: Z 4's With Email in Tech package?

My Cars
    2015 BMW Z4 S drive 35is

Z 4's With Email in Tech package?

Greetings fellow 4 ers.
    I'm new to this forum and also to the Z4.
    My question to you is, How many of you have the technology package, and did it come with the email program, particularly 2015 years?

I bought my 2015 in August and it came with the tech package that when accessing it through the connected drive, & office, clearly shows the email program, however after setting everything up in the BMW connected drive portal, I was unable to bring up any of the email addresses set up in the portal. We also have a 435 BMW and it access the emails just fine with the same settings.

I took it to the local dealer, They replaced the commbox and a few other things, still didn't work. the dealer had the car for over three weeks, trying multiple "fixes" -- nothing worked! They finally got the BMW engineers involved as well as upper level "geniuses". Still no email. Finally the dealer told me they contacted some higher up engineer at BMW, and after all the above, was told that this car did not come with the email feature in this technology package.

So being the skeptic that I am, I am trying to find out if anyone else has this same problem, it seems highly unlikely to me that 3 to four people at the local dealer, 3 to 4 people including genius and engineers at BMW were all working on this problem and none of them knew that the car did not have the email program in the tech package.

Frustrated in Eugene
    Rod

My Cars
    2015 BMW Z4 S drive 35is
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod L View Post
    Greetings fellow 4 ers.
    I'm new to this forum and also to the Z4.
    My question to you is, How many of you have the technology package, and did it come with the email program, particularly 2015 years?

I bought my 2015 in August and it came with the tech package that when accessing it through the connected drive, & office, clearly shows the email program, however after setting everything up in the BMW connected drive portal, I was unable to bring up any of the email addresses set up in the portal. We also have a 435 BMW and it access the emails just fine with the same settings.

I took it to the local dealer, They replaced the commbox and a few other things, still didn't work. the dealer had the car for over three weeks, trying multiple "fixes" -- nothing worked! They finally got the BMW engineers involved as well as upper level "geniuses". Still no email. Finally the dealer told me they contacted some higher up engineer at BMW, and after all the above, was told that this car did not come with the email feature in this technology package.

So being the skeptic that I am, I am trying to find out if anyone else has this same problem, it seems highly unlikely to me that 3 to four people at the local dealer, 3 to 4 people including genius and engineers at BMW were all working on this problem and none of them knew that the car did not have the email program in the tech package.

Frustrated in Eugene
    Rod
    Seriously! With over 60 views of this thread, not one of you has the technology package with or without the email program? Wrong forum I guess.

Rod