Thread: 2007 E60 suddenly won’t start.

My Cars
    E39, E60, E46

2007 E60 suddenly won’t start.

I’m a little stumped and sick so I’m not thinking straight this week.

Car has been fine lately. No major issues until today. SES has come on/off for Exhaust Vanos but was not lit at all today. Wipers mysteriously acted up a few weeks ago but went back to working fine soon after.

Made one run to the store and back home just fine before attempting to leave 15 minutes later and car won’t crank, start. The dash/accessories lights come on and the fuel pump starts to run. (Sounds like a whine)

I finally placed the new vanos solenoids today.
    I unplugged the IBS cable-no joy

I had battery tested, it was good. Drawing 12V when tested out of the card st

Only other thing I can think of is the starter, but I replaced it only 4 years ago with a brand new Bosch starter. Seems too soon to replace again, but still a possibility.

Are there any other possible causes that overlooking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    08-E60-528i
    Could be a starter, mine blew out however it was the original one when the car came out of the factory and I had the battery tested (which was good) and every light went on good too. Does your starter make a noise when you try to turn it on? I had it as one of the symptoms when my started blew out. I also believe there is a way to test the voltage to the starter if its getting good voltage but its tough to get to as the intake manifold is a pain. Maybe try testing the voltage to the starter first?

My Cars
    E39, E60, E46
    Just to close out on this. Starter was bad and crankshaft sensor wire was broken in the passed but jimmy rigged to work. I think it came loose and when I took out the starter, I messed it up again. So bought parts to repair the plug and it’s fine now. New problem is MAF errors I think due to MAF sensor wire getting mangled from so much handling, going to fix plug and clean MAF to see if that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk