Thread: *** fixer upper turbo z3 m-package 4sale***

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero

Thumbs up *** fixer upper turbo z3 m-package 4sale***

Hi everybody. I've been a long time member of this forum. However I'm not very active on here, and although I've done a lot to my car I'm not the best at making the time to post it on here and share my experiences. But for what its worth, I do have to say that I'm glad we all have a common interest in here and that's our beloved BMW Z-cars.

When I purchased this car I wanted to make it as unique looking and fast as possible. So building me a very unique car was the goal and that's exactly what I did. It couldn’t just look, good and be fast. It had to be reliable and easy to work on also, and it is that too!

I've driven it all of these years and I have to say best car I've ever owned! It’s the fastest and the most reliable of them (Jaguar STR and LOTUS Turbo). It’s also the easiest one to fix and upgrade. For all of that it might even be the last BMW made that a BMW owner can speak of it like I do. No wonder all Z3s have appreciate their value for the last 10years!

Super, very reliable and independent. Super fast and great looking. I literally get compliments almost every mile I drive it. Most people think is a newer model car. They don’t even believe me when I tell them how old the car is. Lol.
    I'm serious it is a very rewarding car. All the mods I’ve done to it have worked the very first the very time. Something very unusual if you asked me. In my opinion this the last car that BMW had it right for all of US the BMW owners. The only part I had to ever replace on this car was the starter once in my whole entire 10 years of ownership!

I’ve literally raced anything that has ever parked next to me at the traffic lights lol. I even include a few street/race bikes too. That 3.73 LSD rear end and aluminum flywheels really do the trick for sure! I can do donuts almost anywhere. This car is puts a smile on me every time I drive it. I’ve even driven a “2002 M Coupe Roadster” for comparison and let me tell you it was in NO WAY even close! This car is lighter, far more nimble and way-WAY quicker and faster! ***This car has to be easily 400Lbs lighter than any M-Coupe or not coupe Roadster*** I’ve even removed the harmony weights that are on the rear bumper.

But unfortunately I had an accident with it last year and it took GEICO a whole year to take responsibility. It wasn't my fault but I had to sit and wait a whole year. I don't want them to take the car to the junkyard and trash it.

I much rather have someone in this forum to fix it and drive it again. Believe me this car is worth it!
    What it Needs?
    · Hood
    · Radiator support.
    · Radiators and Electric Fans.
    · Headlights
    · Bumper Support
    · Windshield
    · The Front Bumper cover can be repaired.
    For the money that you can buy and fix this car nothing on the road will be as good looking or faster. If you’re smart enough you know this is a TRUE bargain!

At the moment I can't do it myself. So I want a true BMW guy like me to owned it and enjoy it.

ENGINE (Using only OEM dealer Parts)
    · New piston rings
    · New connecting Rod bearings
    · New main bearings
    · New Valve guides
    · 5 Angle Valve Job
    · New MLS Thicker Head gasket
    · All new OEM Gaskets throughout the engine.
    · Ice Cold AC

TURBO KIT
    · True Garret Super 60mm T3 wheel and Compressor
    · .48 T3 Turbine housing with no waste gate
    · Upgraded Turbine wheel for faster spool. I’ve seeing as much as 8lbs at 2450rpms
    · SS Turbo Exhaust Manifold.
    · 3" down Pipe
    · 44mm TIAL Waste Gate with 11lbs spring
    · HKS blow off valve
    · 2.5" Aluminum intercooler
    · 2.5 Aluminum piping
    · All BLUE Silicon Connections
    · SS T-washers everywhere
    · Aluminum Oil catch can
    · 30lbs Red Top Bosch injectors
    · OEM M3 Bosch MASS Sensor.
    · M44 ECU remapped for boost by NickG owner of www.techniquetuning.com
    · Oil scavenging Pump from TurboWerx (very expensive, but it has worked none stop from day one very very reliable).
    · Fan Clutch deleted. Full time electric Fans.
    · I’ve the full SS custom Exhaust system (also included on the sale), but I personally drove it without it. The Turbo Spooled up so much faster and the sound was incredible! All you could hear was the turbo.

TRANSMISION
    upgrades:
    · SouthBend M3 stage 3 Kevlar Clutch and Press Plate with new Bearings.
    · Aamco Aluminum single mass Flywheel
    · Synthetic heavy weight oil (literally no noise). One of the best upgrades the RPMS climb so fast almost scary!!!

SUSPENSION
    (suspension only has 1000miles after rebuild)
    · 4New 30% stiffer shocks (Jesus do they work!)
    · New stiffer lowering springs
    · Adjustable Aluminum front Strut Alignment Plates.
    · Polyurethane bushings with adjustable camber and caster on the rear.
    · Polyurethane bushings to the rear chassis subframe.
    · Polyurethane bushings on sway bars and control Arms.
    · Brand new tires 225 front 255 rears (less than 1000 miles)
    · Brand New brake pads all around!
    · M3 Front Brake Rotors and Calipers With SS braided lines.
    12 mm front hubcentric lightweight wheel spacer
    18mm rear hubcentric lightweight wheel spacer

INTERIOR
    upgrades: The Interior is a true WORK OF ART!
    ****Custom one of a kind- Saddle/Black interior***
    · *White gauges
    · *Chrome Roll bars with Split center Console
    · *M 6way adjustable seats with embroidered M logos
    · *M shifter Chrome ring
    · *M shifter knob
    · *Professionally restored *Steering wheel.
    · *M aluminum pedals
    · *Black M Carpet
    · *Original black color BMW “M Carpet Mats” with embroidered M flag logos.
    · *Sony CD player with USB
    · *4-Xplode Sony Speakers

BODY
    upgrades:
    · Estoril Blue
    · Roadstar Wheels
    · M-Side Hood Grills
    · M-Side Mirrors both are working
    · M-front bumper cover with deleted side markers
    · M rear bumper cover
    · M rear wider fenders
    · M side skirts
    · M rear trunk lid
    · M hood side Grills
    · The headlights were upgraded to Halo LED but those are gone.
    · HID 6000k
    · Deleted radio antenna from rear quarter panel

AERO-PACKAGE.
    · Front Splitters
    · Side Skirts
    · Rear Diffuser
    · Rear Spoiler

I even have a Clear PlexiGlass rear window to used when the top is down and the rear vinyl cover that goes over the convertible when is folded down.

I also have a full racing Aluminum Radiator that I will include on the sale. I bought it and never had a chance to install it. The car didn’t exactly need it. But it was the last thing I wanted to install on the car to consider it done.

The car is a 1996 Z3 BWM Roadster. Bought it with 67.000 miles and now has 108.000miles.

Asking price is $3500 OBO call James 772 359 9280 I’m located in South Florida.
    Last edited by MYBIMERZ3; 12-27-2017 at 10:08 AM.

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    Some interior pics

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roadster
    Don't see pics.

If it is Black, would you consider selling the tonneau ,cover separately?

My Cars
    2004 Z4R 06&12 Cooper S
    Car is Estoril Blue from his write up

Need pics of the front end damage and the work of art interior
    04R 3l 6 sp VF SC, custom ducting, alphaN, 2.62 pulley, multiport WMI,Severn Tuning(Pokeybritches), Tial BPV,Ceramic header, magnaflow section 1, SS race muffler/y-pipe, megan mounts,42 design catch can, CDV delete ,custom strut bar,3.91 LSD, H&R bars, Hotchkis links.Eibach Pro Kit,Koni Yellows.Megan camber arms. Carbon interior,SSK,UUC lines.CF aero. Poly bushings.

My Cars
    z3
    I believe it is a 2.8 with M body.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Sounds like it is a turbocharged 1996 z3 4 cylinder with an m body and modifications.

My Cars
    01 Z3 Coupe 3.0i, Z4 2.5
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyMaddox View Post
    Sounds like it is a turbocharged 1996 z3 4 cylinder with an m body and modifications.
    This.....

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    Working on the pics. Give me a few just got home.

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    These are pictures of the car. Please feel free to text me or email me with your questions and offers.

I do have a couple of local guys who know about this car and are pretty much in love with it. They’ve made me some offers already. So in all fairness I’ve told them to give me a week, so the people in this forum get their chance too.

I just really want the best home for it. This car has been my baby for the last 10 years and it has been amazing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103103...57689565188161

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyMaddox View Post
    Ahh... M44 ECU remapping. Good catch. Yup def a 4 banger... That explains why the roadstars fit!

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Ahh... M44 ECU remapping. Good catch. Yup def a 4 banger... That explains why the roadstars fit!
    Yes it’s a very proud 4CYL TURBO engine (No rev limiter). That will put to SHAME 95% of the HEAVY slow reving 6cyl Z.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to offend anyone in here but after driving the M coupe of a friend. All I can say is that I felt like driving a TRACTOR LOL.. heavy and slow reving. I had to slow down a lot more to turn it. It felt clumsy too. A lot like watching a pregnant woman seating and getting up is the best way to describe it lol...

- - - Updated - - -

The car has expensive light weight 12mm spacers on front and 18mm on the back.

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    The early 4cyl had the quick ratio steering rack 2.7 turns lock to lock.

- - - Updated - - -

This car has plenty of torque. I 100% always take off on 2nd. Gets me to 40ish on the blink of an eye and here where I live is usually the speed limit anyways...

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe 1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MYBIMERZ3 View Post
    Yes it’s a very proud 4CYL TURBO engine (No rev limiter). That will put to SHAME 95% of the HEAVY slow reving 6cyl Z.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to offend anyone in here but after driving the M coupe of a friend. All I can say is that I felt like driving a TRACTOR LOL.. heavy and slow reving. I had to slow down a lot more to turn it. It felt clumsy too. A lot like watching a pregnant woman seating and getting up is the best way to describe it lol...

- - - Updated - - -

The car has expensive light weight 12mm spacers on front and 18mm on the back.
    You know, it is kinda off-putting when you're bragging about a crashed custom car and putting down the very cars that make up this forum, true Z3 M's......just saying.
    1995 Dakar M3​-Z3 Steering Rack
    2000 Dakar M Coupe-Bilstein Shocks, H&R springs, upgraded sway bars/bushings, and rear shock mounts
    2000 Dakar M Roadster-Sold
    2005 Alpine White/Imola Red M3 Vert-Sold
    2002 Dakar Yellow Z3 Coupe-Sold

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Snekr View Post
    You know, it is kinda off-putting when you're bragging about a crashed custom car and putting down the very cars that make up this forum, true Z3 M's......just saying.
    This is the classifies section for all Z3's, Z4's, and Z8's. Being as it is a classifieds, we should limit our posts to inquiries about the for sale item, or offers to purchase. No purpose is served by criticizing the item being listed or the OP's posts--that's what the main forum is for. Common practice for this sub-forum, if you think the listing is shoddy or the price too high, is to limit your comment to GLWS. OP, have you had it on a dyno? Results? I agree that the normally aspirated sixes are not at all quick, but have you driven an FI six for comparison?

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bingley View Post
    This is the classifies section for all Z3's, Z4's, and Z8's. Being as it is a classifieds, we should limit our posts to inquiries about the for sale item, or offers to purchase. No purpose is served by criticizing the item being listed or the OP's posts--that's what the main forum is for. Common practice for this sub-forum, if you think the listing is shoddy or the price too high, is to limit your comment to GLWS. OP, have you had it on a dyno? Results? I agree that the normally aspirated sixes are not at all quick, but have you driven an FI six for comparison?
    Thanks for jumping in and finally making it clear to all the above fellows (not need to list them). Anyone in here is capable of reading. For criticizing my car without making any relevant comments. Other than arguing the number of pistons (lol) without more power(slower).. yet more weight (clumsy). Just plain “ignorance”. Now they CAN’T take it back and their Screen names will long live in the history of this thread for the world to see “their ignorance.”

Now with that on the “clear”, let’s now carry on with this thread.

Yes right away Mr Bingley, seems to me that you’re better educated on the subject and therefore your judgement comes across more accurate.

So it’s clear that NA sixes are not fast or quick. Also is clear that the “vast majority” of sixes are NA cars. Leaving a rather microscopic ratio of FI sixes.

To answer your question “no” I have not driven a 6FI car. The logic says it should be faster. Yes. On a strait line. But that’s not my point. I said it and not to sound rhetorical, but this car will out perform 95% of the Z cars. I’m leaving the other 5% for the more heavily moded Zs. I’m sure they are out ther but that’s not what this thread is about.

Also by far my argument is clear. I’m all about performance. We own a few Lambos and Ferrari’s and Maserati in the family. Yes we Road race all of them too. Not garage queens here. “Weight” is almost more important than power. Yes (optimally) to keep good combination of weight and power is always the goal. But making a 6FI faster on a strait line is doesn’t give you a good all around car.

Quickly straits always come to an end and now what?

You have to “slow down and turn” but of which are harder (by exponential increments), for every single pound involved in the maneuver.

Most “high performance car” launch their “most ultimate version” by taking 150# to close to 200# off. Using light weight Carbon Fiber components and thinner windows and even sacrificing carpet and AC equipment. Yet this “lighter version” cars of the very same available car have less equipment, less comfort only really are barely 180lbs lighter and cost $100k more. Why????????

Weight Sir. You take weight off your car you instantly make it better all around. I challenge you to take the heavy hood and passenger seat of your car and take it for a “real spin”. I guaranty you that you will feel like you Traded your car for another one. It’s that simple my car is lighter by its power train (engine-trans-rear end). No convertible mechanism. No harmony balance weights on the rear bumper. No exhaust (the way I drove it). It all added up to close to almost 300 plus; and let me tell you. If a car can perform amazing by just shaving “150lbs, you have to imagine how much better does it when the weight savings are close to double of that!

Add to that a whole improved suspension, brakes and quick steering rack and you have your self a TRILLING RIDE!

********** What’s like to drive it?**********
    Now your close your eyes and all you can hear is that turbo as you press on the gas pedal the aluminum Flywheel let’s the engine spin freely (no heavy 30lbs of dual mass flywheel here), as you launch it on second gear, the grip of the Kebvlar clutch quickly catches and RULE number ONE- you have to be ONE with this machine!
    Your heart beat HAS to be in-sync with this car’s power train. Now you watch the rpms climb up. The adrenaline is already pumping through your veins at fast speeds the force of aceleration is clear to you. Before you know you’re doing 45mph. Double clutch and you hear a loud POP sound coming from the down pipe (yes is a back-fire). Is all good. It’s a friendly reminder of how this little BEAST wants more, all of th suden now you come face to face with the “fact” of how really special this car is, get it in 3rd gear, and step back on the gas hard as you can. Now the wind is all over your face. You can feel how “eforlestly” this engine hits 7000rpms, because the Open down pipe let’s this turbo be as free as a wild bird!

Grab that steering wheel and you can see a left handed turn ahead of you. You don’t have to let go of your gas yet (this car is lighter!). You can brake much later than that guy driving the 6cyl Z that’s took off next to you, but you can barely on your rear view mirror anymore. Lol
    He is fallowing you but he can’t keep up with you. You finally are at the latest humanly possible braking mark, so you let off the gas and step as hard as you can on your brake pedal. Take the wheel and turn left with all of your senses on “trill mode”. Clip the Apex of the turn. Match the RPMs with your gas, down shift and step back on the gas. Exit the turn like a real SCCA Champ! Now you look on your rear view mirrors and that 6Z is not longer there. On your mind all you can see is him “struggling to stop his heavy tank” downshifting it and event trying to steer it as the car wants to fly out of the turn because is “too heavy” to slow down and turn, and he is basically forced to do both at the same time because he is trying so hard to “catch you”. Lol
    Then... Quickly you realized that’s him not you. You’re on your way to the next right handed turn ahead while he still is on the last left handed trying not to “crash” and you can’t help it to have a HUGE GRIN on your face. Life is sweet!!!!!

Then you come on here and ignorant people comes and post “oh is a 4banger” lol

Now you see why I’m laughing???😂😂😂
    Last edited by MYBIMERZ3; 12-18-2017 at 09:11 AM.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    Those leather seats look heavy.

What is this "trill" you keep speaking of?

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumanchu282 View Post
    Those leather seats look heavy.

What is this "trill" you keep speaking of?
    Yes they are heavy. Yet my car still is almost 400lbs lighter than yours...

***By the way, at least I was expecting you know “how to read “ my post *** Smart pants lol...

It’s all in there. If go back and read it “the right way” you won’t be writing what you wrote
    Last edited by MYBIMERZ3; 12-17-2017 at 10:30 PM.

My Cars
    '97 Z3 1.9
    Hi, I sent you a PM about this car. The photos are not showing up. Can you email some photos to the address I sent in the PM?

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    Bump*

Update. I took a promotion at work and I was out of town for last months due my to new job training. I’m back and this is ready to go. Finally new title in hand!!!!

PM me with your questions and to schedule an appointment

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    I have a question. What is the rev limit?

My Cars
    TurboZ3, JagSTR, N*Fiero
    There isn’t one. It got deleted, with the new ECU flash.

It climbs up very fast from the start up to 8k