Thread: Hello my family would you look here

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7

Exclamation Hello my family would you look here

hello guys. I regret to say that we still have problems with the EML limp mode that is still going on. .. There are two broken cables broken and broken. why are they so? what is it and how is it connected?
    Last edited by KORAY; 04-16-2020 at 09:55 AM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    difficult to say based on the youtubes. What are the colors of each wire, maybe someone can then help you. You have to check based on location and cable wires in the wiring diagram http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e32/
    Last edited by shogun; 12-13-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    89'750iL,98'740iL,00'M5
    Id say open up that relay box, find out where those cables are going to (Which relay) and also let us know the color and point or draw an arrow to the relay its connected to. It would help us find out where it is going to using the ETM (Wiring diagram).

Also I was looking at your previous started threads, how much troubleshooting have you done with the EML so far?

- Are you getting fuel from both pumps?
    - Is the EML light turning on for 3 seconds when turning the key to ON?
    - Do you hear the throttle bodies (DKs) buzzing when the key is in the ON position and engine OFF?
    - Have you checked for spark on both banks?

Let me know how far you are in your troubleshooting and we can help

BMW 7er Website www.7er.com
    1989 BMW 735i Schwarz (sadly, sold) // 1989 BMW 750iL Cirrusblau Metallic // 1998 BMW 740iL Oxfordgrün Metallic // 2000 M5 Carbon Schwarz ///

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    You can also check in that area where there are plugs with wires missing, right hand near the e-box for example the washwater tank level sensor = 2 wires,
    the washwater pump,
    concentrate tank pump and sometimes on the 750 depending on built year there is a third pump at the lower washwater tank below the intake boot/airfilter.
    All of these have 2 wires. Then there is also the expansion tank level sensor at the firewall, also 2 wires. http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/wi...ld/Image20.jpg
    Are the 2 air intake temperature sensors connected? 2 wires also http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/sp...enumIntake.jpg

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    thank you for your beautiful and knowledgeable information Shogun and SergeBMW. we are a nice family of bimmer forums here. It can solve a lot of things. we create a warm bond with each other. yes shogun. This is a very important cable information diagram. A knowledgeable friend should examine him. http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e32/

dear SergeBMW friend.the cable color of the first first video is purple. single cable. the second video below, double peer cable. Green black with green brown. Also All controls were done for eml problems. fuel pumps, buzzers, ignition system, brain controls, maintenance, sensor controls, Previously linked to the original BMW diagnostic device several times. Indicator EML warning light occasionally off, sometimes the EML warning light is always on. normally turns on for 2 seconds and then goes off.
    The connection to the original BMW diagnostic device has been a problem with the pedal connection with the Pedal Accelerator Pedal. The mechanic told us to try a new potentiometer with the Pedal Accelerator Pedal. We got it and we got the new pedal accelerator potentiometer. EML is what I mentioned earlier. There were problems with the engine problem idling rpm up / down eml problem. my car works very well. The speed is very good between 650-700. new pedal acceleratorWP_20171123_00_50_16_Pro.jpg
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...le-Rpm-up-down
    There are also DK voices..
    Yes Shogun. 2 air intake temperature sensor connected.

Driving at a faster speed while driving at 140 km / h. When I take my foot from the accelerator pedal, the eml warning light comes on and the system goes into limp mode.
    This applies to normal startup. Initially the eml light flashes for two seconds.
    Last edited by KORAY; 12-15-2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Adding information

My Cars
    89'750iL,98'740iL,00'M5
    Koray it really is a great community here, ive been on here for many years and always found this to be the best source for help and information.

Erich, do you think it may be a good idea to see if another EML module may fix his issue? The only other explanation I can think of for this intermittent problem is maybe a bad wire in the wiring loom. One guy in the past had this issue near the coolant reservoir where a couple of cables were damaged. There is a unit in Sweden for $120~ US Dollars but I wouldnt want him throwing parts at it.

Koray, try moving around the main wiring harness going from the E-BOX that you opened in your other thread while the car is running. See if this changes anything or if the EML light turns ON/OFF. I will look at those wires later today when I get a chance. Like Erich (Shogun) said, it may just be for the expansion tank or washer tank components. Not important.
    Last edited by SergeBMW; 12-15-2017 at 03:58 AM.

1989 BMW 735i Schwarz (sadly, sold) // 1989 BMW 750iL Cirrusblau Metallic // 1998 BMW 740iL Oxfordgrün Metallic // 2000 M5 Carbon Schwarz ///

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    As far as I remember he already installed another EML unit.
    Of course a used one, so not sure if that is a working one. I remember one case this year on the German E31 forum, he tried 3 EML units and the 3rd one finally was tested before on another car and then the problem was solved.
    I also assume he might have a wiring harness problem. Maybe similar to the one Erwin had years ago http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/644209/
    throttle potentiometer can be tested, I gave him the test data from the Bentley repair manual already, but I have not heard that one of them failed so far.

My Cars
    89'750iL,98'740iL,00'M5
    Wow you'd have to have some bad luck to have that kind of outcome. I remember my issues, no EML light whatsoever, checked everything until I got to the EML module. Checked the pinouts with power and found it was dead. $35 EML later, boom it started. Intermittent issues? Those are the worst.
    Yes, Erwin's post was what I was referring to, couldn't remember who it was.

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    The truth is, we have not tried the new EML unit yet. The shogun studied the subject. In fact, a new EML brain can be tried. We are concerned that the system may be corrupted or fail. The system worries as fear of frustration. All the brain numbers are sleeping. Only RT numbers are different
    Old eml currently plugged in: 0205 000 005 Bosch 1725389/078 28RT8380DSC_0693.jpg
    New eml :0 205 000 005 Bosch 1725389/078 28RT8454
    DSC_1995.jpg
    The product was purchased from here.http://www.tav-autoverwertung.de/sho...-388-1-725-389

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    The EML module will fit, no problem. Just try it. It has to be re-synchronized. You will have to relearn the DK's everytime u remove power from the DME's, i.e. unplug them.
    Synchronizing the DKs is on my website
    click my website below, click in the index fixes and then see >>>control systems>>>V12 synchronisation

Synchronisation of banks of M70 V12 engine
    The following information is important when replacing Motronic control or the EML unit or when the control modules were for some time without power.
    Each control unit is programmed with certain basic values, which are only mean values.
    A control unit receives various input values depending on engine load conditions and compares them with the stored values.
    An adaptive system compares the input values with stored curve family values, after which corresponding orders are put out to the concerned control elements.
    If, for example the EML control unit were without current for a long period of time (more than 1 hour), its adaptive system would lose the stored values.
    The adaptive system would have to read in and store the input values of a certain engine after restoring operation of an erased control unit or installing a new control unit.
    This procedure could lead to erratic idling of the engine after starting and disturbances in overrun.
    Consequently there must be conformance with the following procedures before an EML control unit is replaced or after restoring operation of a disconnected control unit or a disconnected battery.
    -run engine to operating temperature.
    -Install (new) control unit and drive careful.
    -During test drive have the car coast three times from speeds above 5,000 RPM to the idling range in transmission range 1 (approx. 10 seconds).
    -Have engine run at idle speed in transmission range P or N at least 5 minutes.
    These measures serve immediate and precise synchronisation of both banks of cylinders in all operating conditions.

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Any Dexron II or III will do for the ZF 4HP24. It can handle that and even dino oil.
    Here was a discussion about that for the Landrover, which also has a 4HP22 https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...ssion_Fluid_Au

Important is that you change the transmission filter and the ATF pan gasket.

My Cars
    7er E32 1990 750iLA L7
    Hello again friends, we have solved the system problem of EML, one pedal position sensor, and the problem of the EML light in this way. After a real V12 circuit, everything went back to normal.
    method: http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/eml_bulb/eml_bulb.html

Written by Johan