Dear Community,
I have done the reading and plenty of the work but things are still not clear. I am trying to simply use INPA to read codes, register battery, make sure it all runs ok. I am having a nightmare. Let me describe the situations and all the help is appreciated.

1. I have a 2011 BMW 335i automatic. I thought I had the N55 engine but when I start INPA if I select the N55 on the E90, E92, E93 section, I get a bunch of errors. If I selecet N54, I dont get errors and I can manage my way through the german to go to the ADC gauges and see my throttle, temp, etc. How do I tripple check I have an N55?

2. How do you translate INPA 5.06 with F series to English? My first screen and some others are in english, but most is german.

3. I saw on a youtube video of one of the members here that you have to have Ediabas Server running in order to check codes and what not. I have Ediabas that came with the installation of BMW standard Tools Version 2.12. But no where it says is a server version.... am I missing something?

4. Non related question: has someone determined with what frequency I should clean the valves? some say they have done it at 58K some others never... I have 79K on mine and wondering if I should.. also, walnut blasting is the way to go right?

5. Is the BMW tools 2.12 the package that includes repair instructions? diagrams and those things?

Thanks a lot for the help. I will make tutorials of this once I get a fair understanding so maybe someone with my same problems can benefit. I always contribute back to the community in other forums and now as part of this one, I promise to return the help.

Regards,

Daniel H