Thread: 1995 M3 RACECAR / GTS 2 / IP - lots of spares and parts

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe

1995 M3 RACECAR / GTS 2 / IP - lots of spares and parts

I believe the time has come to part with my E36 M3 race car. Though I love my car, and it has been my trusted servant and tool for the last 7 years, it’s simply time for a change. So bear with me as I've tried to give you all of the necessary information you need to decide if this will be your next car.

Pics are here https://photos.app.*******/nd38e9uCVpwpHrVV2

So here is story of the car and highlights of the build:

1995 BMW M3 (E36) purchased Dec. 2010 with 123,750 mi. Car was slowly stripped from full street and converted to full race car over time as I developed as a driver, instructor and now racer. Vehicle now has 138,510 mi. on the chassis.

Car has current log books for both SCCA and NASA and has been tracked/raced in Florida with just a couple of trips up to Roebling. Vehicle sits at appx 2735 lbs. with no driver, no passenger seat and ½ tank of gas. I have car setup to run with various ballast configurations, passenger seat and hardware, full gas tank, coolsuit cooler, etc., and can weigh up to 3100 lbs with driver.

Engine and related items – OBD1 S52, Turner motorsports performance chip, Turner Motorsport underdrive pulleys, M/S50 intake manifold, 3.5” MAF, blue top injectors, genuine Supersprint euro headers, custom center pipe and UUC stainless exhaust (sounds awesome), Mishimoto X-Line radiator for S54 (better cooling) with Samco hoses and improved expansion tank conversion and pull fan on switch, Setrab oil cooler with Rally Road oil cooler cap and remote mount oil pressure sensor (to eliminate vibration), baffled oil pan with VAC baffle kit and welded/secured oil pump nut, VAC solid engine mounts, Bimmerworld dual fuel pump kit installed, fuel test port, new Bosch spark plugs, Miata battery with warranty.

Dynojet January 2017 - 239 hp / 229 torque

Dynojet October 2017 with 45mm restrictor plate – 215 max / 209 avg per NASA GTS calculator
    Transmission – 5 speed tranny from donor with 51,000 miles installed Sept. 2015, ACT 6 solid disc racing clutch mated to JB Racing lightweight flywheel, AKG solid shifter assembly with DTM selector rod (absolutely awesome), VAC motorsports solid transmission mounts with Rally Road heavy-duty steel cross member brace, 3.64 rebuilt LSD, Mason engineering short throw steel clutch pedal and AKG delrin bushings.

Suspension – TC Kline single adjustable Koni based coilovers with 900f/700r lb Hypercoil springs (also have the original TC Kline VVS springs in 550f/600r), TC Kline adjustable camber/caster plates, UUC 27mm adjustable front sway bar, stock rear sway mated to customized adjustable end links, Turner Motorsports adjustable rear camber arms with spherical bearing rod ends, Bimmerworld monoball rear trailing arm bushings, “forever” rear shock mounts with reinforcement plates (have TC Kline monoball mounts not installed), vehicle is corner balanced and car is neutral – no unpredictable over- or understeer.

Safety – full custom 6 pt cage all 1.750 x .095 DOM steel tubing, custom door bars, additional harness bar (so this car will work for short and tall drivers alike with proper routing of driver’s harness), custom dead pedal, OMP RSPT2 driver’s seat (FIA build tag of 8/2012), custom seatback brace installed, new this year Schroth 6pt Hans compatible driver’s harness (FIA tax exp 2022), OMP TRS passenger seat (expired tag), seats installed on OMP brackets with VAC Motorsports adapters, Schroth Clubman 6pt passenger harness (FIA tag exp 2017), SPA 4.0L fire system with two pulls (refill 6/2018) w/ 5 nozzles (3 on driver, 2 in engine compartment) and handheld extinguisher as well, Teamtech Motorsports mesh window and right side nets with Dec 2014 SFI tags, SFI rated padding on cage

Interior – all Autometer Sport-Comp gauges – water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure; switch panel with fuses for coolsuit, helmet blower, radiator fan, defrost fan; presently wired for Nascar comms, wide angle convex rearview mirror, Sparco steering wheel with VAC motorsports quick release

Exterior – custom paint with airbrushed stripes/design, was show quality for a day or two and then took it on track - paint is chipped and car has scratches and all kinds of stuff that a race car gets but still looks badass, rear APR GTC-200 59” wing with additional 2.5” risers (clearcoat peeling), custom Tegris composite splitter (built from NASCAR Car of Tomorrow splitter) with custom internal supports and external supports allowing angle adjustment, AKG tow hooks

Brakes – I just spent over $2000 on a Stoptech ST40 Race Big brake kit –have 6 track days on them, PFC 11 pads front and rear, recently rebuilt stock rear brakes, new in box rear rotors, spare new Hawk DTC-60 pads front and rear, Motul 600 fluid (there are over $600 worth of new spare parts here alone)

Wheels – 4 sets, Apex 17x9 rims with Hoosier 225/40/17 R7s with 2 heat cycles, TR Motorsport 17x9race rims manufactured by Enkei with Hoosier R7s (I think 2 are good, 2 flat spotted – don’t remember), Kosei K1s 17x8.5 shod with nearly new Hoosier HWet 225/45/17 rain tires (I think these have two heat cycles) – all of the above were properly heat cycled and allowed to sit for at least 24 hrs before use, stored in air conditioned garage and in black trash bags when not on the car; also have set of 17x7.5 BMW OEM DS1 rims with Hankook Ventus EVO V12 245/40/17 tires with lots of tread but they have been sitting around for a while. Car has Hard Motorsports wheel studs and lug nuts installed one year ago

Boxes upon boxes of spare parts – a metric shit ton. I’ve got stuff I’ve forgotten I have and will clean it all out and give it to you with my asking price. I’ve even got a spare long block (I don’t remember what it needs), spare head, spare 3.15 LSD (needs rebuild).
    I will pull and keep wiring and accessories for radios, minimal wiring for my cool suit and the transponder.

All Redline fluids used in car.

The amount of money in the car is, like all things race car, obscene. It is not a garage queen – it was pushed hard and treated like a race car should be – a tool to find the shortest time possible around a track. It was never abused and always maintained (I have a lengthy spreadsheet that details every single thing that was done, fluid changed, dates on track, etc.,). Car has scratches and chips and a few bruises – but it’s been an incredible partner over the last seven years of ownership and development. I am not getting out of racing – in fact I feel that I’ve just begun. I am simply looking to get into a more “economical” (oxymoron in racing) platform that has bigger fields and more competition. This BMW has been an amazing platform upon which to learn and grow, having started with it in HPDEs as a beginner, then becoming an instructor and ultimately going wheel-to-wheel. It is ready either for a new “student” or a pretty much turnkey NASA GTS 2 or an endurance beast with AER or WRL, or spend some more money and go BMWCCA IP or other series options.

$19,900
    for the car with all spares and everything and not be bothered with a part out. Frankly, seems like far too little money, but it is what it is.

I am willing to consider reasonable offers, but depending on how far you depart from my asking price will determine what I keep/pull and sell separately (like Stoptechs, extra wheelsets and other spares) I’d much rather sell everything in one trailer/truck load. Please contact me via email at surfcycle at gmail . com and include a phone number. Thanks – Adam

- - - Updated - - -

The damn link for pics won't properly load so email me and I'll send it to you
    Last edited by surfcycle; 12-12-2017 at 11:42 PM.

My Cars
    GTS3 M3
    Very well presented and very well priced. At this level of prep/build it should go quickly at that price. I bought one last year for slightly less, but it had an S50 making milk shakes and needed a clutch and flywheel. Would love to see this car come up to the Northeast where GTS2 is very strong.

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    picture link doesnt work for me.

GREAT Deal for someone...
    99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    GTS3 M3
    picture link can be found at racingjunk

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Sorry link post isn't working - don't know what I'm doing wrong but BFC seems to turn it into a dead link whereto I just cut and past or use the insert link feature - email me and I will send pics to anyone who would like them

Mike - thank you. If we had GTS 2 fields down here like you do I'd probably keep the car and upgrade. A few of your colleagues came down and raced with me at the NASA East coast champs - Christina was blazingly fast in a more developed car (bigger aero, MCS suspension and wide ass A7s) but I still came within .75 sec of her in the final championship race.

Notorious - I just tried to PM you the link and same problem so email me. Hell, finish your car and give me someone to race and maybe I'll reconsider! Or you could just have 2 and race mine while you finish yours

My Cars
    GTS3 M3
    Hugh Stewart of Hi Speed Motorsports knows how to put together a winning package. Christina had an amazing rookie year and will only continue to improve. The pace of development in the Northeast is intense. I too have aero and bodywork to do to prepare for next season. All the cool kids are strapping on big shoes.

My Cars
    Cars: Cars:
    I think I've seen (admired) this car at Road N Race before. Good luck with the sale! It looked very well sorted.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Yes that's exactly where you've seen it. Peter is a great mechanic and advisor, limited only by my wallet. Would look great in your garage!

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcycle View Post
    Sorry link post isn't working - don't know what I'm doing wrong but BFC seems to turn it into a dead link whereto I just cut and past or use the insert link feature - email me and I will send pics to anyone who would like them

Mike - thank you. If we had GTS 2 fields down here like you do I'd probably keep the car and upgrade. A few of your colleagues came down and raced with me at the NASA East coast champs - Christina was blazingly fast in a more developed car (bigger aero, MCS suspension and wide ass A7s) but I still came within .75 sec of her in the final championship race.

Notorious - I just tried to PM you the link and same problem so email me. Hell, finish your car and give me someone to race and maybe I'll reconsider! Or you could just have 2 and race mine while you finish yours
    Ran the race before the east coast championships!

I'm all ready for next year. Aaron is ready too!. Let's gooooo
    99 M3 STU/ GTS3 Project

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    Vehicle is sold!

- - - Updated - - -

I do know of another similarly prepped car that will be coming on the market very soon - also in the So Florida area - message me for details and I can put you in touch with the seller.