RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Some major help with 1994 325i needed [URGENT]

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i

Some major help with 1994 325i needed [URGENT]

Hey y'all,

A while back in June, I got into a fender bender that jammed my hood up. I couldn't change the oil or nothing like that, and in September the brakes started slipping on me: i would press down on them and my foot would slide all the way up to the back.

It's been sitting for a while, and i've been intermittently running the engine. However, when I went to run it today, it wouldn't start. It would sputter and click at me and when I turned the keys to start it the gas meter would fall down. I've linked a video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QN...NtOH7DVj4QGLQy

I live in the East Los Angeles area, in case anyone might be able to help.

I want to know what's wrong, and what it will take to fix it. There's also the issue of the exterior damage, but I would first like to know how to fix the engine. Thanks guys.

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Well the first order of business is to get a new battery.
    Second will be to get your hood open.
    Third change that oil.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    '97 BMW Z3, '07 VW GTI
    That's a dead battery. Remove it, take it to an auto parts store or shop to recharge and test it, reinstall if it's still good and you should be good to go. As far as the brakes go, if the pedal is depressing all the way to the floor there is probably a hydraulic pressure issue with your brake system. Check the brake fluid level. My guess is that you have a leak somewhere and/or you're low on brake fluid or have air in the system.
    Last edited by DSchwartz; 12-12-2017 at 02:48 PM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    I figured as much yeah. It's a relatively new battery so I'll get it recharged. Below are pictures of the hood, a close up of where it's jammed, the lights that come on, and my check control.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12P...6Ur1IT8j8os4vB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16h...vajlFB14bcsZHT

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U-...VQDwbHRvicOTD1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Th...ubuy8o8uFyvg2F

I think my first move will be to replace the hood an battery, then to just change out the fluids. It's a good car, only 100k miles. Do you guys think I should take it to the shop to get it all done at once or are there alternatives?

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    How does the hood release feel? Really slack, or do you feel it binding?

You might be able to force the hood open, but after that you will not be able to close it. It seems the passenger side is loose, try to see if the drivers side pin is released. If it is then the latch is binding, and that is the only thing keeping the hood closed.

You will need a hood, nose panel, maybe a headlight or two.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member