Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E34 "Gold trim package"

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by E28E34 View Post
    The E34 and E32 and E31 were never offered in Boston Green. The E36 yes. Can't tell you how much I hate when people ask about my car, "that Boston Green?" The only green, (non-special order) the US-Spec E34 and E32 were offerered in, were 2.... Iceland Green then Oxford Green. Not one person in the 11 years I've owned my E34 guessed Iceland Green. Way too much focus on the 3-series.

I love the color of the OP's special-order green. Vaguely reminds me of Cypress and Agate of the early 80s. Green was gone on normal-color US BMWs from about `83-`89. We had one of the last, a `81 320i in either Cypress or Agate.

I've seen Gold trim packages on 80s movies, music videos and tv shows like Miami Vice... mostly Mercedes. Yes, mighty Mercedes.

OP/Driftastik, I applaud you for preserving this car: the wheels, stock-amber turn-signal lights, really work with this color.
    Not sure about the others but yes, mine was indeed "Oxford" green, I looked it up. Who knew?
    Type HD63
    Model 525i
    Market USA
    Development Code E34
    Chassis Sedan
    Steering left
    Doors 4
    Engine M50
    Displacement 2.50 l
    Power 141 kW
    Drivetrain Rear-Wheel Drive
    Transmission automatic
    Color Oxfordgruen Metallic - 324
    Upholstery Leder Bison Us/mexicogruen - L3MX
    Production Plant Dingolfing
    Production Date 1995-11-16

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    93 525i 84 533i
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    Not sure about the others but yes, mine was indeed "Oxford" green, I looked it up. Who knew?
    Type HD63
    Model 525i
    Market USA
    Development Code E34
    Chassis Sedan
    Steering left
    Doors 4
    Engine M50
    Displacement 2.50 l
    Power 141 kW
    Drivetrain Rear-Wheel Drive
    Transmission automatic
    Color Oxfordgruen Metallic - 324
    Upholstery Leder Bison Us/mexicogruen - L3MX
    Production Plant Dingolfing
    Production Date 1995-11-16
    Interesting interior color. Mexico Green piping on Leather Bison. Strange they think light/medium tan is Bison color - Bison is more of a deeper richer brown - similar to Mercedes Saddle color of the early 90s, or at least Polomino. US-E34s never came with a medium to deep tan interior color, always on the lighter end.

For those that don't know.... Islandgrun is Iceland Green. Island=Iceland in German. This green is slightly lighter and less prominant-sized metallic flake in the paint than Oxford. Iceland is much rarer to see nowadays.
    Last edited by E28E34; 10-11-2019 at 11:21 AM.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    The seat piping was part of the Olympic edition package, sold to commemorate the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Color was the ubiquitous parchment but with the green piping.
    Bison leather is(ostensibly) just that, from a bison rather than a cow, regardless of color. The hellgrau in another of mine was also bison leather.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    93 525i 84 533i
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    The seat piping was part of the Olympic edition package, sold to commemorate the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Color was the ubiquitous parchment but with the green piping.
    Bison leather is(ostensibly) just that, from a bison rather than a cow, regardless of color. The hellgrau in another of mine was also bison leather.
    Yep, the Olympic Edition is one of the 1st US-spec BMWs that had contrasting piping that I can think of. I've only seen 1 in person.

Is the normal parchment from a bison or cow? Hellgrau for an interior color would be bright/light gray. Light silver-gray is what they called it in the US for some E34s and E32s.

My Cars
    1990 BMW 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by drifttastik View Post
    I also have the gold pin strips.
    I'm not sure how to post pics in comments or I'd show you mine but it's definitely neat. I have the gold stripe, gold kidneys, gold badges on the center caps of the rims, gold "525i" and the gold badges on the trunk lid and hood. I'll have to make a video of it when its not in a ton of pieces and post it on youtube...

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    To share photos with the forum, load the images to a photo hosting site, such as Flicker, Google Photos, 500px, etc. Avoid using Photo Bucket or ImgUr as both make it difficult to link to forums.

Once uploaded to a hosting site, copy the link of the photo into a forum message. The link would be something like; http://hosting_site.com/your_pic.jpg

Ask if you have questions.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    1990 BMW 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
    To share photos with the forum, load the images to a photo hosting site, such as Flicker, Google Photos, 500px, etc. Avoid using Photo Bucket or ImgUr as both make it difficult to link to forums.

Once uploaded to a hosting site, copy the link of the photo into a forum message. The link would be something like; http://hosting_site.com/your_pic.jpg

Ask if you have questions.
    I think i got it right. It’s been two years but I just finally got the engine and trans back in and I’m waiting to get my e90 running again and my 89 s10 road legal then I’ll finish the engine on the e34.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Fq8xphvPEjWBD8k39

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Right on, bud.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12