eBMWParts

Thread: Ceika performance coil-over install and review

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3

Ceika performance coil-over install and review

So decided to purchase a set of Ceika type 1M coilovers for the E46 M3 for the price of $1300 including free shipping. (I will be uploading pictures soon) I know its a little risky since I never heard of this company in the US. Also, its made in Taiwan, designed in Japan and the owners being from France or something, but nowadays what isn't made in China or Taiwan. However, one of my friends that lives in S.Korea has mentioned that it's a popular coilover there with positive reviews. If all else fails I still have my GC coilover for back up. I will mostly be using these coilvers for Time Attack events with some Daily Driving use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pops047; 01-02-2018 at 07:33 PM.

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    The coilovers seem to be well build. It does seem though that they use the same strut mounts for e46 and e36 as you could see in the pictures. So far I am satisfied. I will be installing the coilovers later this week since I'm still working on replacing the rod bearings. I will be attending a track event on the 13th and 14th of Januray and hopefully the will handle was good as they look. Ceika does have an option of true rear coilover setup up.

My Cars
    X5
    Interesting. How's the ride on rough roads?

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    So there was delay in the install since the send the wrong spring rate and height. But I just finished installing them and they are a bit rough over rough roads, but nothing intolerable. Since I was waiting on the new spring set i was unable to use them on the track So i will have till wait to next month to test them out.

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3
    So after a year using this. They have held up so far. Being is single adjustable it has its limits on how it performce on the track with some tweaking i was able to get a predictable ride on the track. However, on the streets its a bit rough. Once this become toast i will cut them open to see if they are really monotube as ceika advertises them.