Thread: stalling when lifting off throttle on custom SC

My Cars
    318is

stalling when lifting off throttle on custom SC

Hey guys,

some of you may have read my posts about my custom SC setup using an Eaton M45.

I have a problem right now, not sure what it is.

Basically when lifting off the throttle it just dies. This is without going into boost, maybe -10 degrees of vacume.

Idles at about 16 degrees vacume. I had vacume leaks before on my pipes, but i sealed the rubber ducting with a rubber. There shouldnt be any air leaks there. I've put water on all the piping and theres no more sucking going on.

I've disconnected the battery hoping the idle adaptation can help but it doesnt seem to be enough.

Would the extra length from the air filter / air flow meter to the engine cause this?

I'm not using a bypass valve because i'm using a pull through system where the throttle controls how much air goes to the sc / engine.

I can't understand, all the pipes are tight.

The idle control valve isn't linking into its original position, basically its now starts at the front of the throttle and links in behind it, before the intake of the SC.

i was worried if i had it link into the original intake, boost would leak back through the valve.

HELP!!!

My Cars
    318is
    think i may of fixed it, went and tightened all the intake bolts (some were a bit lose) and every pipe... basically did them as tight as my bulging muscles could.

will see if its worked tomorrow

posted some pics up in another thread.

cheers

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    I would say based on some of my experiences with vacuum leaks in my original prototype setup, that the stalling could certainly be a small leak.

My problem was "fixed" in software, however with my new setup, and no vacuum leaks, everything is now running properly using stock setpoints for deceleration fuel cut off, idle, etc...
    Have you been Screwed?