Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get answers to your car questions

My Cars
    1998 328is

delete this thread plz

delete
    Last edited by zohaibrose; 12-10-2017 at 03:48 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    don't feed the troll

it's lost time

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by samy01 View Post
    don't feed the troll

it's lost time
    i must say you respond very quickly. almost like you have much free time. got that loss of power problem fixed when warm? found out that i had too much backpressure from my cats
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    99 528i 5speed Alpine white(Totaled Unfortunately)
    Oil pan and timing chain delete, weight reduction right?
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    i just came online this very moment after a night shift, i don't have much free time. but i don't care what you think

what you found out means nothing because you struggle with easy things. sorry.

if somebody cares here's his original post:

quote:

Why do shops sand down the car first then paint it, do you have to remove all the old paint off the car first before you can apply new paint?
    why do i still get a rough movement and rough idle from my bmw when i throw it in reverse. motor mounts and tranny have been done
    why does paint start to peel off or show white spots.
    i want to paint my ebay m3 bumper what all do i need if i use harbor freight airless paint sprayer kit
    is too much backpressure better for gas milage or worst? when i do a cold start i can feel the exhaust tip throwing alot of air out.
    why must everything be complex, all these new technologies are coming out with cars how am i suppose to keep up with it when i have a job
    why do i have so many questions i meet some guys that know so much more i think i am just slow
    where do these peeps get all this money to modify their car a set of bbs wheels and a set of glass headlights with halos can easily run 2 grand plus 800 coilovers? are they spending paychecks on the whole car or what
    why are all the other car brands more reliable then bmw? fixing the cooling system seems to be just the tip of the iceberg once your done with that you can take that off your checklist and get to fixing the other hundreds of problems,
    why are people so lazy these days that dont even want to change their oil? seems like all toyotas and hondas need are timing belts just like all the other japanese makes we bmw guys know our cars are reliable so why must we waste money fixing them?
    if SCOTTY KILMER SAID THESE CARS ARE MONEY PITS WHY DO I KEEP BUYING THEM
    why am i so addicted to bmws am i a bmw enthusiast? i cant stop looking at them on craigslist i want them all that need 1500 worth of work why cant i be a non car guy who has to pay for maybe 100 dollars a year on maintenance with a honda.

If you have answered all these questions you are god gifted

My Cars
    1998 328is
    i just came online this very moment after a night shift, i don't have much free time. but i don't care what you think

quote:

Why do shops sand down the car first then paint it, do you have to remove all the old paint off the car first before you can apply new paint?
    why do i still get a rough movement and rough idle from my bmw when i throw it in reverse. motor mounts and tranny have been done
    i want to paint my ebay m3 bumper what all do i need if i use harbor freight airless paint sprayer kit
    is too much backpressure better for gas milage or worst? when i do a cold start i can feel the exhaust tip throwing alot of air out.
    why must everything be complex, all these new technologies are coming out with cars how am i suppose to keep up with it when i have a job
    why do i have so many questions i meet some guys that know so much more i think i am just slow
    where do these peeps get all this money to modify their car a set of bbs wheels and a set of glass headlights with halos can easily run 2 grand plus 800 coilovers? are they spending paychecks on the whole car or what
    why are all the other car brands more reliable then bmw? fixing the cooling system seems to be just the tip of the iceberg once your done with that you can take that off your checklist and get to fixing the other hundreds of problems,
    why are people so lazy these days that dont even want to change their oil? seems like all toyotas and hondas need are timing belts just like all the other japanese makes we bmw guys know our cars are reliable so why must we waste money fixing them?
    why am i so addicted to bmws am i a bmw enthusiast? i cant stop looking at them on craigslist i want them all that need 1500 worth of work why cant i be a non car guy who has to pay for maybe 100 dollars a year on maintenance with a honda.

Darn it lol I was gonna post elsewhere. Very heroic for you to say I struggle with the things you find easy. Not everyone finds everything easy but I don't judge.
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    Datsun 1976 280z
    The kid is probably between 14-16. He's stoked he got a beater bimmer. Probably not the most beautiful social butterfly. Might be on the spectrum. But dude, why do you have to make all of these useless threads.
    Last edited by MazerRackham; 12-10-2017 at 09:00 AM.

My Cars
    Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by MazerRackham View Post
    The kid is probably between 14-16. He's stoked he got a beater bimmer. Probably not the most beautiful social butterfly. Might be on the spectrum. But dude, why do you have to make all of these useless threads.

We all have to start somewhere.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    yes, but you can always behave yourself like a normal person.

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 2007 X5

quote:

The only question worth answering is probably the one regarding other peoples' finances. A simple answer would be: work hard.
    Last edited by ChuckDizzle; 12-10-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: highlighting

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328is

-because the primer cant stick to smooth paint, no you don't need to remove all the old paint unless you want to

-there is something else wrong

-who ever painted the car last sucks and should be donkey punched in the d***

-take it to a professional or your bumper will look like your last question

is too much backpressure better for gas milage or worst?

-too much back pressure is bad why would you want to add more back pressure

when i do a cold start i can feel the exhaust tip throwing alot of air out.

- cars run rich on cold start up

-why keep up with something that doesn't pertain to you. that's like keeping up with them sl** the kardashians

-try searching, its not hard, ive yet had to start a thread for a question, google is your friend, no people think your a troll, and you're doing a horrible job at it

-its called a job, if your buying 2k wheels and 800 dollar coilovers your doing it wrong. my coilovers cost (retail) 2600 I didn't pay that tho. and no people don't sink their whole check into their cars, I'm sure people have bills to pay.

why are all the other car brands more reliable then bmw? fixing the cooling system seems to be just the tip of the iceberg once your done with that you can take that off your checklist and get to fixing the other hundreds of problems

-idk about you, but I bought my e36 with no issues, I choose to spend 5-600 on my cooling, because I track my car, and who likes a blown motor cuz your cooling system isn't up top par

-because that's their choice. and with proper maintaince any car will last a long time.

-idk who that is, but to each their own.

-sell your car and buy a Honda.

-guess I'm god gifted
    there

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxx1989 View Post
    there
    no lol those answers were not all in detail some were like "because there is something else wrong" ye thanks for the help or "take it to a shop" but atleast you answered my questions hoping someone else can try all of them. And about the trolling i dont know why everyone calls me that im not even trolling, thought you were cool man but you just like the others, i just learn alot slower what gives?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post
    The only question worth answering is probably the one regarding other peoples' finances. A simple answer would be: work hard.
    really? why must everything be complex is not a good question either or why paint peels off? not everyone knows that cmon man think positive

- - - Updated - - -

what exactly is a beater bimmer i got the car with no body damage or anything wrong mechanically i never beat on it either
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    Datsun 1976 280z
    Beater bimmer means anything that you DD and is tired. Not necessarily a bad car. Has the car had the top end rebuilt? That's minus 20HP. Are the PCV and CCV in optimal condition? That's minus 2-5 HP. Is the refridgerant system in optimal condition? That's minus another 5HP. Wheel bearings, diff fluid, tranny fluid probably need to be changed. Have the subframe mounts, and all four strut tower mounts been reinforced? Glovebox sag? Minus 50DKP. Is the Vanos system in optimal condition? Seals changed, solenoid is correctly actuating, and the tensioners are keeping slack out? There's always something to do on these cars. Once you have doing EVERYTHING you're allowed to call it mint. Otherwise its just a beater. But its not a bad thing. I have a beater. Not my DD though. I have an Audi DD that I would also consider a beater and its in better condition than 90% of the cars that I see on the road. I see plenty of cars on craigslist, and dealerships that look "mint" or are "lady owned," but none of that means shit. Most people don't understand the sheer breadth or scope that entails proper maintenance of a motor vehicle.
    Last edited by MazerRackham; 12-11-2017 at 02:03 AM.

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Beater bimmer means anything that you DD and is tired. Not necessarily a bad car. Has the car had the top end rebuilt? That's minus 20HP. Are the PCV and CCV in optimal condition? That's minus 2-5 HP. Is the refridgerant system in optimal condition? That's minus another 5HP. Wheel bearings, diff fluid, tranny fluid probably need to be changed. Have the subframe mounts, and all four strut tower mounts been reinforced? Glovebox sag? Minus 50DKP. Is the Vanos system in optimal condition? Seals changed, solenoid is correctly actuating, and the tensioners are keeping slack out? There's always something to do on these cars. Once you have doing EVERYTHING you're allowed to call it mint. Otherwise its just a beater. But its not a bad thing. I have a beater. Not my DD though. I have an Audi DD that I would also consider a beater and its in better condition than 90% of the cars that I see on the road. I see plenty of cars on craigslist, and dealerships that look "mint" or are "lady owned," but none of that means shit. Most people don't understand the sheer breadth or scope that entails proper maintenance of a motor vehicle.
    yes ive pretty much fixed most of what you said just not redoing the whole top end cuz i dont need too. see these cars go 250k miles without rebuild. and at a milage of 120k im fine
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    Datsun 1976 280z
    Quote Originally Posted by zohaibrose View Post
    yes ive pretty much fixed most of what you said just not redoing the whole top end cuz i dont need too. see these cars go 250k miles without rebuild. and at a milage of 120k im fine
    Did you put those 120K miles on the car? Have you even cracked the valve cover or head to inspect its condition? If not then you're talking out yer booty son. If there was a previous owner and you aren't him, you simply have no clue what the whole story is until you've taken her all apart and then put her back together.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    don't overdo it. near to no one takes his dd cars engine apart just to inspect it

My Cars
    Datsun 1976 280z
    don't overdo it. near to no one takes his dd cars engine apart just to inspect it
    You don't have to take the engine apart, but the valve covers are easy and give you a pretty good idea how well the previous owner took care of the car. Also not saying he should. What I'm saying is without taking a look inside, and knowing where to look, one cannot speak intelligently on the condition on the vehicle.
    Last edited by MazerRackham; 12-12-2017 at 08:34 AM.

My Cars
    1998 328is
    You don't have to take the engine apart, but the valve covers are easy and give you a pretty good idea how well the previous owner took care of the car. Also not saying he should. What I'm saying is without taking a look inside, and knowing where to look, one cannot speak intelligently on the condition on the vehicle.
    yes have already seen the cams and the top of the head when i did the valve cover gasket seems nice and shiney
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    where do these peeps get all this money to modify their car a set of bbs wheels and a set of glass headlights with halos can easily run 2 grand plus 800 coilovers? Are they spending paychecks on the whole car or what
    bitcoin

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by mslevin View Post
    bitcoin
    what is bitcoin ive heard about it but i think its just a app for a new kind of currency how is that going to increase your funds
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    1998 328is
    I want more answers
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    E36, E70, i3
    I want more answers
    About Bitcoin? You buy when the conversion to USD is low, sell when it's high. Just like any other asset.

Sent from the dark side of the Moon

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    goddamn are you autistic or what. if you want answers then google it

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanniepoo View Post
    About Bitcoin? You buy when the conversion to USD is low, sell when it's high. Just like any other asset.

Ah ok so it's like stocks? Why must it be popular who would want to turn their usd into some digital currency not even accepted in most stores

- - - Updated - - -

goddamn are you autistic or what. if you want answers then google it
    Cuz I want real life answers from bimmer owners they are only ones I talk to
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    E36, E70, i3
    Ah ok so it's like stocks? Why must it be popular who would want to turn their usd into some digital currency not even accepted in most stores

- - - Updated - - -

Cuz I want real life answers from bimmer owners they are only ones I talk to
    Yes like stocks but also like literally every other asset you use as a way to make money. Gold, tulips, etc

You can't use a stock in a store either. Or a house you're flipping.

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    delete

Delete it yourself.

Click the Edit button, then select all of the Delete options that are presented. There are three as I recall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast