Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M Badge on trunk am I a poser?

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post

To be fair 1 or 2 people said exactly that - that they wouldn't object to a plain 'M' on the car if you want... But really.

DUDE. YOU'VE HAD YOUR ANSWER. STOP WHINING ABOUT IT. In typical Millenial fashion, as triple-seven assplained in another recent thread, you're just going on about it and complaining about the answer your getting, hoping you'll get a different answer if you keep banging on about it. This is where you need to man up and either say "OK I accept the truth of how this will be seen by most people, but I don't give a fork, I'm doing it anyway", and all fine, or "OK I accept the truth of how this will be received, and I don't want to be a poser so maybe I won't"...

What's a badge for anyway? To signify and communicate something to other people, period. The implication of the badge, the reason you want to put it on, is to tell people "this car has significant M parts that make change it significantly". Frikkin doorsill covers and a steering wheel badge (THAT COMES ON EVERY REGULAR NOT-an-M SPORT MODEL) - don't count as special mods. You're essentially trying to justify "Putting the badge on because the car has badges added on". Uh. No.

For the 100th time, unless you have some FUNCTIONAL M parts, vs just interior 'badges' added (BTW all the other crap you list like sport seats and shadowline trim aren't "M" options), it hardly warrants it, and is still pretty 'posey', but has also been said time and time again - do what you want man. But you're asking how the rest of the world will feel about it, and you have your answer. Yes. Most vote: Posing.

I was gonna say 'change the brand' and ask would you put a Dinan badge on a car if it just has a shift knob, but the obvious answer there is 'yes, yes you would'...

(too bad Snotty's not around for this BTW, although it'd prob just get him warned if he was... )

this

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenVA View Post
    That reminds me - who's had horsemeat? Horse steaks are delicious... Unfortunately you don't see it in USA.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    00 540_6
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Interesting that BMW sells this for their non-M5 cars. Got these off a 2003 M-Sport.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...59#51132695679
    Doesn't say ///M5

Attachment 617452
    My car has these, the steering wheel, the shifter, Not sure if the trans is out of an M5. But i know the diff is. along with the M5 Sill plates (i want to get rid of those)

Do what YOU want. No F@cks given.....
    when my 4.4 dies a stroked 6.0 LS is going in.
    then even a SC'd m5 won't keep up

My Cars
    03 540i Msport Touring
    That reminds me - who's had horsemeat? Horse steaks are delicious... Unfortunately you don't see it in USA.
    never had horse but i have had legit bbq venison sausages, it's hard to relate the flavor to other kinds of meat
    Looking for an e39 Touring black carpet set, including the rear cargo cubbies and side sections!
    ALSO looking for 540i 6speed manual transmission sets (2001+ pedals with switches, driveshaft, gearbox), for the 6speed swap! Probably not for a while....

GN92489
    540i msport touring; jet black on grey
    Progress Thread (general)
    Progress thread (touring specific)

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    GG, how about dog in Korea or maybe jelly fish in Hong Kong?
    I couldn't wait to find a McDonalds to get a meal I could stomach.

My Cars
    00 540_6
    Eat any "chicken" in Hong Kong? Likely it was rat......

Cat was likely in Korea as well.....

monkey meat on a stick in the Phllipines?

lots of good alternative proteins in asia.....

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    After a week in Tokyo, all I tasted and smelled was fishy fish on everthing. I had to hit the arches too. I hate micky Dees too.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Micky D's tasted pretty good after eating stuff that was either swimming or crawling 5 minutes ago and now it's on your dish. It was nice that the burger and fries tasted exactly the same as in the US.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Never dog, that's mostly BS... I mean not that its totally fake but its not something most people ever eat in any normal way in normal restaurants.

I actually like jellyfish if its a decent preparation. Usually like a sesame dressing kind of thing on it... not bad.

Sea cucumber? Ugggh. Abalone meh.

Lotta really good stuff tho. I acclimate pretty quick to alternate flavors, I love Japanese/Korean mostly... and some styles of Chinese are fantastic.

Down south, Guangdong etc. is where you generally have to suspect eating weird stuff the most, although one of the worst I had all around was indeed up North, which is usually pretty reasonable, but I think they served us some kind of what we'd call 'rocky mountain oysters'. Tho from what animal is unclear. They really didn't want to tell me what it was but there was a lot of joking around about it so you knew it was probably something disgusting...

Of course in any cuisine there's some terrible stuff. Try feeding some poor slob a New England Boiled Dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by toybreaker View Post
    Do what YOU want. No F@cks given.....
    Yeah, but, a ZFG-kinda-guy doesn't come posting up a "hey fellas do you think I'm a poser?" thread now, does he?

And especially a ZFG-guy doesn't then follow-up post "c'mon guys, its not nice to not tell me what I want to hear! I need to go to my safe space now!"
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    2001 540i
    When I’m eating dog meat in China, I modified the meal by adding steak sauce. Am I a poseur if I brand my dog steaks angus? It’s really good sauce...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 Salvage Title 540i
    My build thread: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...toive-decision

My Cars
    1998 528i
    LOL dude, someone catching feelings? Actually I was just getting peoples thoughts and opinions on a subject .... you know... kind of like what you do in a FORUM. I will make my decision after... I know not everybody has the same opinion. That is the whole point of this discussion. Who the F is whining? Sounds like you are. Thanks for your input however

To be fair 1 or 2 people said exactly that - that they wouldn't object to a plain 'M' on the car if you want... But really.

DUDE. YOU'VE HAD YOUR ANSWER. STOP WHINING ABOUT IT. In typical Millenial fashion, as triple-seven assplained in another recent thread, you're just going on about it and complaining about the answer your getting, hoping you'll get a different answer if you keep banging on about it. This is where you need to man up and either say "OK I accept the truth of how this will be seen by most people, but I don't give a fork, I'm doing it anyway", and all fine, or "OK I accept the truth of how this will be received, and I don't want to be a poser so maybe I won't"...

What's a badge for anyway? To signify and communicate something to other people, period. The implication of the badge, the reason you want to put it on, is to tell people "this car has significant M parts that make change it significantly". Frikkin doorsill covers and a steering wheel badge (THAT COMES ON EVERY REGULAR NOT-an-M SPORT MODEL) - don't count as special mods. You're essentially trying to justify "Putting the badge on because the car has badges added on". Uh. No.

For the 100th time, unless you have some FUNCTIONAL M parts, vs just interior 'badges' added (BTW all the other crap you list like sport seats and shadowline trim aren't "M" options), it hardly warrants it, and is still pretty 'posey', but has also been said time and time again - do what you want man. But you're asking how the rest of the world will feel about it, and you have your answer. Yes. Most vote: Posing.

I was gonna say 'change the brand' and ask would you put a Dinan badge on a car if it just has a shift knob, but the obvious answer there is 'yes, yes you would'...

(too bad Snotty's not around for this BTW, although it'd prob just get him warned if he was... )

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    We should post a survey:
    Does gluing a M logo on your none M3, M5 E39 make me an IDIOT or just look like one?

YES - 1
    NO - 0
    What is a M logo? - 0
    It is mine and I can do what I want (i.e., "pee on your opinion, I am a free thinker") - 0
    Does it go on the door or hood? - 0

Meanwhile I am digging a foundation for a wrought Iron gate on my driveway to the house because I want everyone to think I have a castle behind the fake stonewall battlements. I am holding off the "Army of the Dead" here in Virginia. Steam powered car ready and shot gun loaded. - movie trivia....

All of the above is a JOKE for those who are way too easily offended..... Besides GG does the ass chewing way better than I could. Faster key board fingers and more time to think about stuff.
    Last edited by StephenVA; 12-15-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5

Quote Originally Posted by douglawrence42 View Post
    When I’m eating dog meat in China, I modified the meal by adding steak sauce. Am I a poseur if I brand my dog steaks Angus? It’s really good sauce...
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You all are making me hungry..... Need some Pizza with "known" source of beef/pepperoni/sausage on it.
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1969 Road Runner 383

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Only GG would see these icons as "meat tenderizing" visuals.....
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1969 Road Runner 383

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Banter you say dear Fellows!!?!

M badges, I'm so terribly sorry dear chaps, but those are just farrrrrr tooo common for me!

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2008 535i, 2004 328i
    Well played!

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Great follow up!
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1969 Road Runner 383

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234