RM European Auto Parts
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Stupidity on my behalf/My M52B30 Build

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    I'm lost... is there something we trying to hint Chris?

its fine if you guys don't want to give me input or don't want me to be part of the forums completely understand my thread can be deleted and same for my account. But anyways regardless of what you guys wanna say or think of me. At the end of the day I Thank every single one of you, even those who dont like me because just 4 years ago I didn't know a single thing other then topping up coolant and oil. Now I can Atleast name almost every part on the car and that's all because of you lovely people now I understand the basic principles of how cars work. Will stop updating and I wish you guys all the best!!!

Mohammed
    Last edited by WadiM3; 02-04-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    C217 S63 AMG S Cabriolet ( Daily )

E87 116i with mild cams, headers, cold air intake making 136 bhp Lol (My Learning Track Car)

E36 328i Sport ( Project in making and future race/track car )

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Nothing more or less than Shadowpuck, Darin, and I have been telling you for years. Quit messing with modifying the damned car. Fix the driver.

You don't need coilovers, you don't need Porsche brakes, big bore throttle bodies, or all this other crap you're rattling on about. You keep shooting yourself in the foot with this stuff, Mohammed. Spend the money on driving school, and leave the car alone.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    I am fixing the driver. That's my main purpose but before I do that don't I need my car to have a decent suspension and brakes? My braking system is completely broken and messed up same with my suspension so I thought I would upgrade them while I'm there. No point spending money on replacing the same parts then upgrading them later on. My throttle body was broken. I'm only upgrading things that need replacing plus I know the cooling system is critical and I think it's due a replacement rather go to the tracks and drive back home then be towed home lol knowing my luck. I've already arranged with an Instructor (my new motorsport mechanic) he charges £120 for whole day tuition and plus I pay the track money

E87 116i with mild cams, headers, cold air intake making 136 bhp Lol (My Learning Track Car)

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by WadiM3 View Post
    I'm lost... is there something we trying to hint Chris?

its fine if you guys don't want to give me input or don't want me to be part of the forums completely understand my thread can be deleted and same for my account. But anyways regardless of what you guys wanna say or think of me. At the end of the day I Thank every single one of you, even those who dont like me because just 4 years ago I didn't know a single thing other then topping up coolant and oil. Now I can Atleast name almost every part on the car and that's all because of you lovely people now I understand the basic principles of how cars work. Will stop updating and I wish you guys all the best!!!

Mohammed
    I don't presume to speak for Chris but can tell you that is beyond annoying when a person comes here, seeks advise and proceeds to then largely ignore it.
    Lessons learned the hard way however usually stick, you seem the exception as there is apparently adequate funds to keep these follies going. Until it hurts or you bother to listen to what people who know better are saying nothing is going to change.
    I hope you do follow up with proper driving instruction as hopefully this will dissuade you from the awful practice of drifting which is nothing more than the slow way around a race course and good way to abuse machinery.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    Yeah, my next step is to taking up some racing instructor and start the learning procedure. On the good note, I plugged in abels DME along with a 3.5" MAF from a 740 98 auto e38. I can't Thank Abel enough for his hard work and effort on the Tune!!!! This thing takes off hell I raced a E46 M3 and was side by side till about 100 mph before he started pulling on me.

also picked up the Brembo Brakes up today at a striking deal
    IMG_6073.JPGIMG_6075.JPGIMG_6074.JPG

Going to refurb them and paint them Yellow. Also I'm buying a Set Of E46 320D 300mm Rear brake setup to sort the brake bias. And should be ready to learn how to drive soon!!

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Mohammed, you went back and amended one of your posts, saying you were thinking about deleting your thread, and/or your account.

Cut that $#!+ out, will ya? You think we've all been giving you our time and experience because we want you to go away? I think you've seen, over the years, that I'm not the least bit shy about telling someone to go away. We are all just seriously trying to help you, buddy. Sometimes, your youthful exuberance gets in the way of that, but, well, we've all been guilty of that ourselves.

We've all shared a great deal of experience with you, so no one is suggesting that you should go away....except for you.

You know, by private email, you and I have discussed women, religion, and other important things in life. Don't even think of suggesting that I, and the other guys on this site who have shared their experience and wisdom, aren't here for you.

What's your instructor guy's name? I still have a connection there......

Chris Powell
    BMWCCA 274412

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    He's name is Bruno Di Silva. He has a 318is with stock bottom end and his own custom head work putting out around 240 bhp. He's ahead of a e46 M3 till 100 mph he's car pulls really strong
    He's shop is called BDS performance (Bruno Di Silva performance) he's wicked!
    This is his 318is
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6uM5NlORXg

he suggested Brands Hatch is the best place for me to start learning for some reason but it seems like it's really small
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I2JsqPKuq6g
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9LogdvlPIg
    Last edited by WadiM3; 02-05-2018 at 08:26 PM.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Sure, the Club circuit is "small": 1.21 miles, as I recall. SO? The GP Track is ~2.6 miles....what does it matter? You need to master 5 corners before you can master 13 of them. Mohammed, I thought I was God's gift to racing, when I arrived in England. It took an instructor 1/2 a lap, on Brands Hatch Club Circuit, to show me I didn't know my butt from a hole in the ground. It would take you years to master Brands Hatch Club Circuit.....don't kid yourself. Paddock Bend is an art form in itself....trust me.

Chris Powell
    BMWCCA 274412

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    I thought the same until Bruno took me for a ride to the station when he was fixing my car! Hell man he was tutoring someone in a 323 e36 and he was faster then an M3 3.2 euro ???????

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Exactly, quit trying to be the club racer you're not,
    sell your Frankenstein, save your money, buy something totally stock,
    then learn how to drive, as you've been instructed,
    Then expand your skills on a built vehicle!
    Common sense seems to evade us all sometimes!

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    After spending so much money and investing so much I think it won't make sense to just let go of my build after things only just started shaping up!! With Abels tune I hang with S54's till about 100-110 mph before they pull on me!
    Last edited by WadiM3; 02-05-2018 at 09:26 PM.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Yeah, well, I'd have to say stop street racing. That's only going to cost you your license. However, I'll disagree with Miky, because you are who you are. It's way too late to sell your hot rod and buy a stocker. That said, it is time to stop modifying, make a good reliable car out of what you own. I believe the Porsche brakes will cause you problems, and I'd personally fix what you've got. Same with coilovers....don't you have stock parts from your other cars?

Chris Powell
    BMWCCA 274412

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    No parts left, why do you think the brakes will cause me problems? I'm always curious to your opinions Chris! Yeah I'm going to stop street racing and drifting and going to settle it all on the track! I don't see why my Car would be any less reliable then an S52... all I've really done is refresh the engine of my m52b28 and upgraded the crank and cams to the s52. I've used 330 pistons which are the same bore as my 2.8 ones but are designed better with less friction!

My Coilovers are basically only height adjustable and have appalling handling.. they are the cheap eBay ones basically just to lower your car for "stance" which already cost me a sump a 2 years ago if you remember.

the Porsche brembo bbk kit is a straight fit bolt on to my car, and I would be able to change pads quicker!
    and for coil overs I'm going to be buying HSD monopro's for £805 with 0% interest finance works out about £70 a month over 12 months with 1 year warranty. It's a full 16 way adjustable coilovers set made for comfort and track, I'll opt into for the 10kg front springs and 10kg rears!

https://www.driftworks.com/bmw-e36-3...act-57999.html

with that on installed on my car I could sell my cheap coilovers for around £100-120 and earn some cash back
    Last edited by WadiM3; 02-05-2018 at 09:25 PM.

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Um, 10kg springs? What? I do not understand this calibration.

Chris Powell
    BMWCCA 274412

My Cars
    95 m3+, 03 ZHP, Mk4 Tdi
    Dump the mods. Go with a stock car.
    Learning on a car that is stock is much easier and is the recommended path.
    But hey, what do I know? I’m only a certified instructor, and have attended courses taught by professionals where this very thing has been analyzed for years.

Good grief - how many times can I keep saying this??
    '95 325iS - auto to manual swap done!

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    IMG_6083.PNG

Chris, I think it has something to do with the stiffness! I don't really know how they work, but the instructor recommended them to me and same with a lot of people I know who go to the tracks, they've said it's the best suspension setup for less then £1k. The instructor said when I have them to take it to him to set the geometry up properly something to do with preload and things I didn't understand!

Hello Shadowpuck! I've never ever doubted your instructing, driving or teaching skills!
    i will wonder off to the idea of borrowing my cousins bone stock e36 328i sport and taking that for my first day and I think your right because in my car all I would be trying to do is see how fast I could get it to go rather then paying attention to learning.

now with approx 275 BHP and 320 NM torque I think the car has too much power to match the drivers skills properly!

quick update of the engine bay with the 3.5" maf and the custom silicon bends to accommodate from 3" to 3.5" back to 3"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WadiM3; 02-05-2018 at 09:55 PM.

My Cars
    EXOTICS

Enough Said!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpuck View Post
    Dump the mods. Go with a stock car.
    Learning on a car that is stock is much easier and is the recommended path.
    But hey, what do I know? I’m only a certified instructor, and have attended courses taught by professionals where this very thing has been analyzed for years.

Good grief - how many times can I keep saying this??
    !

Quote Originally Posted by MIKYZZ4 View Post
    Exactly, quit trying to be the club racer you're not,
    sell your Frankenstein, save your money, buy something totally stock,
    then learn how to drive, as you've been instructed,
    Then expand your skills on a built vehicle!
    Common sense seems to evade us all sometimes!
    !

MauiM3Mania is online now Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    askhole
    /'ask,hol/

noun
    : an individual whom repeatedly requests information and once given, ignores it over and over and over irritating the eff out of those that attempt to assist.

• When confronted with askholiness status, subject says, 'what, doh, who me?'. See trolling for attention.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by WadiM3 View Post
    After spending so much money and investing so much I think it won't make sense to just let go of my build after things only just started shaping up!! With Abels tune I hang with S54's till about 100-110 mph before they pull on me!
    Quit while you're ahead, sort of.
    I think it is a good time to post this:http://www.nsxfiles.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm
    Last edited by ross1; 02-06-2018 at 09:54 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    Lol. Goodbye Engine. Bearings Spun, Oil Pump Failure.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Sorry for that outcome, but might be a blessing in disguise.
    Maybe time to make a mature assessment of the steps you followed, that keep leading to failure.
    When you need your vehicle as your DD, you have no major mechanical skills AND,
    Have no patience for a proper build and testing, STICK with a stock configuration for maximum RELIABILITY!!
    Later in life, when you have completed University, and have a modern, late model, and reliable vehicle as a DD, along with more disposable income,
    then you will be ready, and have the time along with the patience, for a proper professional buildup of a second vehicle.

Wadi, mistakes are meant to be LEARNING experiences,
    I hope you've learned much, wish you all the best in your automotive future!

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    There is no future mate. With me there's no success or luck. Anything I ever touch breaks. If I touched gold it would turn into flipping mud. I've had enough of everything.

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    I dont even understand why this happened. My car was basically an S52 engine. M52 engine with s52 crank and cams...

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Rushing a critical engine build, let alone having it performed by a relatively non-BMW-professional = pending disaster!!
    It is so obvious, I don't see how you're blinded to that fact!!
    Slapping on mods without consideration of how they will affect other engine parameters is foolish.
    Your mechanic should be advising you of this, if he had any modification expertise.

My Cars
    E36 328is, E87 116i
    The first engine builder, I've seen him build a few V8 powered e36/46 and he told me about the stroker build and said he's done 5 engines before and got me all into it he seemed like he knew everything and was a BMW specialist apparently.. now here I am out of money and out of a car and probably out of work I really don't know where to start in life now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast