Thread: 91 735 I 70K real good shape value ???

My Cars
    90Cab,86E

91 735 I 70K real good shape value ???

This might not be the right place for this but Iv'e been offered this car but me and the seller can't find a fair value any help??? dealer serviced only

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Do you have the VIN? Then we can see what options were ordered. You can check here online https://www.bmwvin.com/
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    1992 750il / 1991 560 SE
    Its worth what one is willing to pay. Frankly the "KBB" value is probably about $1,500k at best. My 92 750 has a vale of about $1k. But when I sell it, I hope to get a bit more than that. With cars of this age you really can not use any sorta online valuing system, etc. You *might* be able to average the value using eBay sold auctions.

My Cars
    90Cab,86E

E bay sold auctions where do you find it???

Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    Its worth what one is willing to pay. Frankly the "KBB" value is probably about $1,500k at best. My 92 750 has a vale of about $1k. But when I sell it, I hope to get a bit more than that. With cars of this age you really can not use any sorta online valuing system, etc. You *might* be able to average the value using eBay sold auctions.
    didn't know of anyone that kept track of solds , Thanks, Tim

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    On the German E32 forum we recently discussed prices, general opinion is that prices are going up slightly for the E32 since some time. But as said above already, it is worth what one is willing to pay. Some people for example are looking for the perfect E32 in 100% original condition and no repainting, they are willing to pay even more if that is their dream car they are searching for years already.
    Times are over when the E32 was bought by "Ronnie Ramjet" and he thought it was cool to drag race Chevelles with his V-12 but never changed the oil for 2 years, nowadays the E32 is bought by enthusiasts , they probably spend more than the purchase price in maintainence the first year.
    Buy with your head and your calculator, not with your heart. The purchase price is just the beginning. Now you have to repair it if it breaks. These cars are addictive (ask any one of us) but sometimes love hurts!

Rare items like a manual shifter instead of automatic trans, limited slip etc increase the price
    Last edited by shogun; 12-09-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    1992 750il / 1991 560 SE
    ^ Indeed. The 750iL was given to me. I have rebuilt the top end (due to oil banjo bolt issue destroying cams). Rebuild the valve body in the trans (to clear an error that ended up being my pure stupidity with something else instead). Front suspension struts changed twice. All front end steering/suspension replaced. Sword/HVCA repairs. Leak repairs. And the list goes on and on... I actually keep track in a text file with milage and item replaced including oil changes. I should have added costs too. So to date, I have spend a few thousand but fortunately do my own work. And the car needs more done, rear suspension leaks and the traction control hydraulics leak. Even and random EML issue as a bank drops for no apparent reason. Its getting so close to being trouble free. But come spring, its outta here probably. I already bought a replacement vehicle that is now my daily. With all that said, I am very torn. The thing is awesome fun to drive. Tons of power. Feels like it has much more power than its rated for. Want to pass someone in just hundreds of feet while doing 80mph? No prob. Roundabouts and tight curves can not stop her. Its fast and fun with lots of creature comforts. My new daily, its a truck. Its quick but lacks the toys and creature comforts. The interior build quality is substantially inferior. And its a Land Rover.... But it needs no work and has no issues. And of course its better in snow and I wont have to get a rental for travels to places where gravel roads are in majority and the BMW would destroy its front bumper. I have the winter to decide if I keep her or not. But I really dont have room for two cars, so I know what will happen. So if you get it, I agree that spend as little on it as you can because you will probably put more into it over the years that you will never get back. At least its not a 750!

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX
    ^ Indeed. The 750iL was given to me. I have rebuilt the top end (due to oil banjo bolt issue destroying cams). Rebuild the valve body in the trans (to clear an error that ended up being my pure stupidity with something else instead). Front suspension struts changed twice. All front end steering/suspension replaced. Sword/HVCA repairs. Leak repairs. And the list goes on and on... I actually keep track in a text file with milage and item replaced including oil changes. I should have added costs too. So to date, I have spend a few thousand but fortunately do my own work. And the car needs more done, rear suspension leaks and the traction control hydraulics leak. Even and random EML issue as a bank drops for no apparent reason. Its getting so close to being trouble free. But come spring, its outta here probably. I already bought a replacement vehicle that is now my daily. With all that said, I am very torn. The thing is awesome fun to drive. Tons of power. Feels like it has much more power than its rated for. Want to pass someone in just hundreds of feet while doing 80mph? No prob. Roundabouts and tight curves can not stop her. Its fast and fun with lots of creature comforts. My new daily, its a truck. Its quick but lacks the toys and creature comforts. The interior build quality is substantially inferior. And its a Land Rover.... But it needs no work and has no issues. And of course its better in snow and I wont have to get a rental for travels to places where gravel roads are in majority and the BMW would destroy its front bumper. I have the winter to decide if I keep her or not. But I really dont have room for two cars, so I know what will happen. So if you get it, I agree that spend as little on it as you can because you will probably put more into it over the years that you will never get back. At least its not a 750!
    Haha I have a notebook that I record in it my repairs at what mileage, and I throw the receipts in the glovebox with the notebook. I've not sunk a whole lot of money into my car, parts are cheap, labor is fairly easy to do on the 735i as there is a whole lot of room to work in the engine bay. I can't comment on the 740 or 750

My Cars
    are slow
    And its a Land Rover.... But it needs no work and has no issues. And of course its better in snow and I wont have to get a rental for travels to places where gravel roads are in majority and the BMW would destroy its front bumper. I have the winter to decide if I keep her or not. But I really dont have room for two cars, so I know what will happen. So if you get it, I agree that spend as little on it as you can because you will probably put more into it over the years that you will never get back. At least its not a 750!
    What model Landy did you get?

My Cars
    '93 740il '84 633Csi
    With the age of the car, NLA is becoming more common with reliance on breakers for good used parts (if they can be found.)