Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FD 2018 discussion

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    E30s have competitive enough grip if you don't slam them to the ground. But without some kind of power, it just has too much against it. Again, with the rule set, you've basically cornered yourself to a handful of chassis. Which I guess he's fine with.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Then build for those 3 series? Makes sense to me.
    Once again, easier said then done. Source me a rule book for any one of those series. They simply don't exist. For example, here is one I am dealing with at the moment.

This is the floor pan in my RX7, super sketchy and for sure not the safest to mount a seat to.

Untitled by novablue454, on Flickr

Now, per the FD rulebook 2.1 A,

"The original OEM floorpan, frame and or unibody must remain unmodified between the vertical planescreated by the original forward most and rear ward most suspension point or subframe mounting point."

So, how am I to go about fixing this? I saw on facebook that the FD tech director allows removal of the "S14 cat hump" to get a better seat placement, am I too allowed to lower my floor pan for better seat fitment? Am I even allowed to weld in a reinforcement plate underneath the original? I know Lone Star wouldn't care. but what about anywhere else I might go? There's no one to ask except posting in FB groups and hoping you get a correct answer. A universal pro-am rulebook would simply everything and I can't think of a single con to such a thing.
    Last edited by Novablue454; 12-18-2017 at 07:07 PM.

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Yeah getting rulebooks for Pro-am is usually hard as hell. It always seems to be a "Know a guy" who has a copy, It really should not be that way for sure. To that end my advice would be ask who the lead tech inspector is for the series and send a message or call him directly. You'll most likely have better luck that way.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by Piner View Post
    Yeah getting rulebooks for Pro-am is usually hard as hell. It always seems to be a "Know a guy" who has a copy, It really should not be that way for sure. To that end my advice would be ask who the lead tech inspector is for the series and send a message or call him directly. You'll most likely have better luck that way.
    That's what I have been doing, but it sounds like last years director is not returning this year and no one else has filled the spot yet, so just no one knows right now haha

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    That sucks. I don't know why more series don't just put their current rulebook right on their website. Its not like its classified information.

so I found this https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...urofighter-e92
    Last edited by Piner; 12-18-2017 at 09:11 PM.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    yeah they're selling a decent amount of those beasts it seems like. Not an awful price for what you get either.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Oh they're selling them as individual cars? That's kinda cool... for anyone who has that coin.

If you want to build for FD, Kevin is pretty easy to get in contact with. The point of the rule is to prevent people from reinforcing the chassis or mega relocating things. Safety reinforcements are allowed.

Now if your local proam series doesn't have their rule book posted publicly... they suck and can't fault you for not having a car 100% up to snuff. Also, I doubt they'll check your floor pan like that.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Forrest Wang confirmed for FD 2018 in the S15. Main sponsor is vapetasia which is the biggest Southwest drift sponsor afaik.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    vapetasia... *sigh*

I'm getting to old for drifting.

My Cars
    none
    Every time i see someone vape my stomach hurts.. I truly don't get it. On top of it being useless, everyone makes fun of it so you'd think "Vapers" would keep it a secret until they had there secret society of vapers meetings behind the mall food court were they pass out subi flow stickers and hoonigan shirts and could RIP THERE MODS and compare ohms in peace.

My heart is beating fast.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I don't get half of what you said.

I've vaped before. It's like chewing bubble gum but you don't have to chew. I can see how it's appealing. I choose not to because I know I'd get addicted.

I also have nothing against vaping in general. I simply don't like the "life style" that has been made around it. Vape tricks, big clouds, light saber vape dicks. "About that vape life bro". Inherently, I have nothing against a vape company sponsoring anything. Regardless, I find the merging between drift culture and vape culture (*sigh*) to be off putting. I drift because it's fun and cathartic. I don't drift because I want to look cool/baller/whatever.

Somehow, I'm more ok with Danny George being sponsored by a weed company than Forrest Wang being sponsored by a vape company. *internal conflict intensifies*

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Both Chelsea and Matt field have been sponsored by vape companies in the past aswell, this isn’t really new other than it’s a title sponsor

My Cars
    none
    sponsorship money is sponsorship money. if depends adult diapers would sponsor me id say hell yea. I just thinking vapeing is lame. if you are trying to stop smoking by controlling and reducing nicotine that's sick I'm into it. but if you just want breath and blow candy flavored glycol smoke you're a loser. any money for the sport is good money. if keeping it alive means smoke comps in the pits then i guess i better start practicing my suck technique

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    well the owner of Vapetasia has been around in drifting for around 10 years here. He's even sold a s14 to one of my closest friends and goes out and drifts his car.
    So what if he made his money getting kids to blow clouds. & yeah like Mike said vape sponsors aren't new

I'm just happy to get some more style back in FD.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Forrest Wang confirmed for FD 2018 in the S15. Main sponsor is vapetasia which is the biggest Southwest drift sponsor afaik.
    HELL YEAH, I wonder if this is why Garrett was sounding like he wasn't going to be tech director this season

My Cars
    none
    so i just meet Chelsea denofa on my lunch break lol. He was in san antonio and he was filming some how to drift stuff and went out on lunch it was cool. even got to rip a few laps, glad i drove the race car to work today hahah

- - - Updated - - -

but i have nothing against the guy money is money he took advantage of a market whether he likes vaping or just saw the opportunity. all sponsors are good sponsors at eh end of the day as long as they moral and fair.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I think all of these posts are just us agreeing.

Chelsea is pretty chill. Wish he could come back to the boards. Piner chased him away. (jk)

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    ^ Agreed, 100% my fault.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    well now we need a backstory

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Nothing to tell really.

Yoshi says its my fault. Must be true

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'm just ragging on Piner I figure Chelsea has no reason to come on the boards other than to answer questions. But who got time fo dat?

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    so i just meet Chelsea denofa on my lunch break lol. He was in san antonio and he was filming some how to drift stuff and went out on lunch it was cool. even got to rip a few laps, glad i drove the race car to work today hahah

- - - Updated - - -

but i have nothing against the guy money is money he took advantage of a market whether he likes vaping or just saw the opportunity. all sponsors are good sponsors at eh end of the day as long as they moral and fair.
    BRUUHHHH!!! BEST DAY EVER! i need to make a thread about it. I was so hyped that i was asked to use my car for the vid. then the private shred session afterwards! YESSS!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    I'm just ragging on Piner I figure Chelsea has no reason to come on the boards other than to answer questions. But who got time fo dat?
    he seems like a super busy dude. hell, i just witnessed a video shoot of his for youtube and it took 5+ hours. its gonna be 2 vids, and im betting itll be 30minutes of video combined.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Plus, why would he need to come here? There's no info for him anymore. Aside from appearances, it's really nothing else.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    + he's doing paid build consultation now (i'm considering it) so why give all those juicy details away for free?

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Oh look. Irwindale is back. Except it's too late to make it onto the FD calendar.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast