Thread: FD 2018 discussion

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

FD 2018 discussion

Hankook left
    No more IRW
    No more Canada
    LV motor speedway added for finals
    WTF is Gateway Motorsports park and why does it just look like a parking lot?

Discuss.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    none
    I currently work in the office that deals with the US air forces sponsorship of FD and I'm interested to see how long they stay with it..

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    What gateway are you looking at? the one I found is a Nascar oval with a road course inside
    Capture.jpg

I am real stoked on FD Vegas. LVMP is way nice and there's finally a round close-ish to Colorado.

It's cool how many new driver's are going in to Pro this year, as well as how many guys I'm internet friends with who got Pro2 licenses and are moving up, like our BF.C own Mike. I am going to have to watch pro2 this year for sure. I saw a list of the new Pro drivers on FB yesterday but can't seem to find it again now.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Is Ryan Litteral doing pro this year?
    Interested to see how they do things for the Vegas event. I love the track but it's not set up great for any spectators really.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I guess all the video I found of people drifting there was on the lot and not the oval. This looks more promising then.

Don't worry about mike. He won't make it past qualifying (:-*)

Next year seems like a very turbulent year for FD.

What about USAF? They still sponsor anything in FD? I thought they left Chelsea high and dry and haven't been back. Altho I guess they do that swearing in thing some events.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Interested to see how they do things for the Vegas event. I love the track but it's not set up great for any spectators really.
    I didn't go inside the oval, but I was assuming they would use the oval to build basically IRWs layout, just in Vegas

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    I didn't go inside the oval, but I was assuming they would use the oval to build basically IRWs layout, just in Vegas
    Oh true if they use that. For some reason I'm thinking the road course since that's the only "track" our local events have.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    Slow e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    He mentioned he was only taking this year (2017) off, so I'm assuming (hoping) yes.

My Cars
    none
    I'm pretty sure the airforce is a FD sponsor for FD not a specific driver. As far as i know we are still active in it. We get good numbers from nascar so I think they assumed it would work there too. Target audience is pretty good with the FD crowd. But FD just has no presence other than social media, whether that's good or not i guess is up to the snowflake marketing punks that came to visit last week lol.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Nameless split with Forsberg and Tuerck, no work on Moore yet

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Moore was with nameless? I didn't even know nameless was in FD. Do they own the cars? I suppose theyll do like Dai and buy/rent the car?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    They appear to be Moore's title sponsor (their stickers the biggest). Obviously Forseberg has NOS and Tuerck has Black Magic / Gumout so nameless must have played a smaller role in their programs. Hankook pulled out of FD too, so now both those guys are out a tire sponsor as well.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Mother Achilles will take care of you.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Nameless was the shop that sponsored tuerck and forsberg, doing the car build and maintenance for both of them. I would assume that the only real thing they own in either car is the engine, as both of them used those chassis prior to being brought on the nameless team. I wouldn’t be surprised if they got on with nitto for next year, being that they’re all drift alliance buddies with Vaughn.

My Cars
    1985 535i
    So one of my friends ran pro 2 last year, only did Atlanta because he was on a low budget. He has now decided not to even try to run this year because of the pro2 tire regulation changes. Now you can only run Achilles 123s or Nexen SUR4. On top of that the only size he can run would be the 255/40 18. So now he would be forced to ditch all his 17" wheels. Buy 18s and although FD has regulated the price of the tires to $100 a piece (which is actually a really good savings for those tires), that is still about $40 more per tire, as he was running the ATR sport 2s last year. I hope this doesn't cause more of the lower funded teams to back out.

I am very excited to see some killer E36s running next season though.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Why was he running 17s to begin with? I don't know a single pro team running anything less than an 18.

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Why was he running 17s to begin with? I don't know a single pro team running anything less than an 18.
    They are generally cheaper would be my guess

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    That's stupid! Why would you want things to be cheaper?!

My Cars
    none
    Tuerk just posted engine work being done OCD works for a 2j head. Not sure if they are going to be partners.

My Cars
    1985 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Keeps cost down. Again. Low budget.

But I saw the engine post last night. That didn't take long to find a replacement for nameless.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    If you're running pro2, you NEED to be on an 18. The FD rules just made it in writing.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Not sure if it's the reason for the split but they did go through a lot of motors with nameless. anti-lag definitely not needed on a 2j.
    let me know if I'm wrong but Deane and Wiecek (spelling?) had the same motor all year.
    EDIT: Lurking through the comments in tuerck's post he says he is still working with nameless just not full support like before.

and I don't know, I would say if you're doing things right you can get some company to sponsor you wheels. hell I know of some guys sponsored even on the pro-am level. That's all about working your media exposure.
    Last edited by Press22; 12-13-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Nameless has already made a statement saying they pulled out because it was simply not sustainable. Shit costs a ton of money and before they got too in over their head they pulled the plug. Hell tuerck killed 3 motors at irwindale, and I’m pretty sure Chris said that the motor in his car was their 3rd test motor since they were flying blind as far as sleeving that block went

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Doesn't Cosmis just like throw wheels at people? and $100 a tire is not bad at all for a 123s, I'm spending $95 on Kendas at a grassroots level for 18s, but the 17s on my bmw are significantly cheaper. I am actually pissed our pro-am implemented a 255 rule this year as I have to find a new tire to run

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Yeah but the pro am series is just trying to prep people for pro2 so it sort of makes sense. $100/tire for a good 255 tire is sick, I’m paying $100 for a ling long 225/45/17 (cdn dollar though)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast