Thread: Driver side door swap internals and window

My Cars
    2000 328i E46

Driver side door swap internals and window

I had to replace my driver side door and I thought it would be easy but the new door, although nice and clean on the outside, has a terrible tinted window in it and the cable is wrapped up and broken in the motor pulley wheel. So I am swapping all the internals and window from my old dented door into the new door. I managed to remove the windows completely and tool out all the braces and other parts, now I just need to see how to put it back together. an exploded view of the pieces and how the fit together would be great help. I have not been able to find any videos on you tube about this specific issue. it's hard to do this because you cant actually see what is going on inside of the door because of the metal panel area that covers it. ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED. THANKS

My Cars
    2004 325XI/2008 GL320

My Cars
    2000 328i E46

Thanks so much, one more issue though

I got the window back in and I am replacing the interior door panel, I connected everything and it seems there are two plugs from the interior door wiring harness that have nothing to plug into. One is at the top and it is just a two wire connector with red/white and red/blue wires, the other is a larger 8 pin connector with pink plastic inside. There is nothing to connect these to inside the door, do I just leave them dangling in the door? Thanks.

My Cars
    2000 328i E46
    I found where the 8 pin connector plugs into but now it is just that little 2 pic connector up near the upper right of panel.

My Cars
    2000 328i E46

picture of the mystery plug

What does this plug into? I can not figur eit out and its driving me crazy because I want to re install the door panel, please help. thanks

My Cars
    2004 325XI/2008 GL320
    Tweeter?

My Cars
    2000 328i E46
    I guess that plug doesnt do anything, I hooked up the door and tried using the window and it would only go half way up and then it started making terrible sounds so I took it back down. I don't know what to do. I tired pushing it all the way up without the motor attached and i still cant get it more than halfway up. what am I doing wrong? please help me.

My Cars
    2000 328i E46
    I guess that plug doesnt do anything, I hooked up the door and tried using the window and it would only go half way up and then it started making terrible sounds so I took it back down. I don't know what to do. I tired pushing it all the way up without the motor attached and i still cant get it more than halfway up. what am I doing wrong? please help me.