Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 325 Vert Drift Build

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I totally understand that. A buddy with an e36 really only drove his to the track, and on the track, so he basically lets it warm up with no fans, and runs the fans on full blast all the time while driving. Sounds like a box van is coming for you, but hey, it never overheats!
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Kept blowing fuses with the efan, found a broken wire, fan temp switch was shot, and the spal I had in there ended up being completely seized (which would explain the blown fuses). Also finally figured out the x20 connector isnt pinned the same for the obd2 harness so the ignition wire that we used in the old harness didnt work for the obd2 harness, rookie mistake on my part since I never looked the connector up to see if the pins were for the same purpose. Found a new ignition source and ran the wire. Fan is all good now.

The hard top was painted and I threw it on. Need to roll the fenders to use the r33 wheels up front so that's why they're off for now. Other than that we should be good to drive east coast bash in 2 weeks

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Nice progress man!
    Grimegang_cody on instagram if you want to follow my progress
    Quote Originally Posted by Timing View Post
    I heard you like fenders, yo. So I screwed some fenders on your fenders.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Finally made it out and the car performed great. It's a different feeling when there's actually enough power to link front course at etown and also clutch kicking and it actually helps lol. Definitely made doing this swap totally worth it. Ran the r33 wheels and they rubbed a bit so I'll see what I can do, if not the cliqtuning guy is going to be here at probrodown next week so maybe I just buy myself some front overs since his v2 ones are much nicer than the v1 and my front fenders are mangled anyway. Other than that ClubLoose is supposed to be doing a clinic on the go kart course on the 15th which looks super fun so that should be the next event that I'll be driving

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I'll be at independence moves, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to probro sadly. I was tryign to drive but registration sold out in seconds basically, so I didn't get a B spot. Glad you're having ablast on the front track! my car has JUST enough power to link front course, that second downhill right had sweeper is really stretching it for me. I don't think I'm power limited, I think I'm limited by my 2nd gear wheel speed. Maybe a tiny bit of Ebrake right at the exit of the turn would help get me through it. Pictures of your car look great!

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    thanks dude! If all goes good I should be there, I still havent gotten bumped to b yet so I'm taking advantage of all these c only clinics they hold, so I'll be doing that go kart track event on the 15th. The clinics/c group stuff usually clears out by the afternoon since cars usually break or people dont bring enough tires so im hoping by the end of the day I'll be hot lapping basically. I'd be surprised if I don't get bumped up after this clinic or independence moves but we'll see, not a big deal to me either way.

In 3rd with the 3.91 it's basically perfect gearing, I used to have to give it a couple clutch kicks to try and make it to the second corner and if my tires werent bald I wouldnt come close, now its not an issue at all, it has enough power to get up without having to clutch kick or anything which is the most fun. Let me know if you're going to come to independence moves though, I'll try to pit close to you

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post
    Let me know if you're going to come to independence moves though, I'll try to pit close to you
    I'm really definitely planning on being there. My buddy is coming out from detroit in his Z to drive at CL for the first time, I'm buying us tickets the moment registration is up.

As far as B... I think I kind of skipped the line. I had been driving for almost 2 years before I came to club loose so when they asked, I just said I was driving B class lol. But after I grip drove the track once, I linked the entire course on my first try so I'm glad I didn't tell them I was "new" to CL and have them put me in C. Front track is fun, but at independence I'm probably going to want to run back track a few times, it looks like a nice little gig to run. Haven't decided about if I'm driving home between the days, but since it's just friday/ saturday maybe I'll sleep in the back on my X5, or just throw a tent on the trailer to be off the ground. My buddy will be in C in his silver Z with white overs. It'll be his second time drifting it, fourth time driving at all I think. He had 95% built a SWEET E36 sedan that he kind of gave up hope on, but it was a cool freaking car. Still has it, I causally hope noone buys it so one day he'll finish it. He's big on style, and will drag frame and kill lips all day to look fly lmao
    ugo.jpg
    He has a tuned ECU and bigger injectors he never threw on but the dyno sheet with it was like 189 whp at the wheels. Not bad for a 325! It just had leaks and stuff he didnt want to deal with anymore, so he bought the Z.
    Last edited by awp235; 06-06-2019 at 01:55 PM.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Yeah my m50 felt super down on power so if he's close to 190 wheel that's awesome, the z probably feels great compared to his e36 though!

Drove the cart track at etown which was basically a 2nd gear on the limiter the whole time kind of track, it was a blast. With a 3.91 just throw it in second and forget it, a buddy there was stuck between 1st and 2nd with an m52 and a 2.93. I've been running 205/40's but I think after that event I'm going to kick it up a bit since it seems like i have more than enough power with the s52 now and am looking for grip.

I tried westlakes and I went through ~60-75% of the pair in a 1 hour session, the kendas I went through maybe 50% in the same length session but it seems like kendas are getting harder to get. Might have to give feds a try finally, which would work since they run a little wide anyway. Idk if anyone else has some tire recommendations but I may give some new ones a try, the bloodmasters seem to love antares ingen, feds obviously, I saw someone talking about ironmans, so if anyone has experience with some different cheaper tires I'm all ears!

DSC_1158 by Justin Brisebois, on Flickr

DSC_0691 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

DSC_0183 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

DSC_0188 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr
    Last edited by mcfilmwerks; 06-19-2019 at 01:31 PM.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I really like the feds, I get through BC. They're crazy grippy, even when hot, and my engine is way more taxed on them than with any other tire I've run. I run them at 60psi cold to help me spin them, with 225 wide tires. TONS of grip and they wear so evenly and absolutely never chunk. I'd love more power to spin them, but they're great tires.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    black market drift shop has some feds in stock so I'm going to stop there this afternoon to pick a pair up. They have these zeta meglio tires for 55 a pop, idk if I should just try them, they said people have been liking them but I never heard of them and for some reason I am particular about tires, I just like to know what people think before I go wasting money on some garbage that doesn't work well or last. I'm going to see when they expect more feds in since that pair is all they have in the sizes I want for now.

For some other reason my inpro tail lights basically died completely, tail light and brake lights don't work on either side which is weird, I popped my 50/50 tail lights in and they works fine so not too sure why the inpro lights aren't, I'll have to look into it more when I have some time.

Other than that it's looking like independence moves is going to happen for friday and saturday after 4th of July, I just need to register this week, I registered for no fear moves 2 on the go cart track again for the week after, and black market drift shop is holding a parking lot event for 40 bucks so I figured why not just drive that which is the week after no fear 2. So lots of driving happening in the next month

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post
    black market drift shop has some feds in stock so I'm going to stop there this afternoon to pick a pair up. They have these zeta meglio tires for 55 a pop, idk if I should just try them, they said people have been liking them but I never heard of them and for some reason I am particular about tires, I just like to know what people think before I go wasting money on some garbage that doesn't work well or last. I'm going to see when they expect more feds in since that pair is all they have in the sizes I want for now.

For some other reason my inpro tail lights basically died completely, tail light and brake lights don't work on either side which is weird, I popped my 50/50 tail lights in and they works fine so not too sure why the inpro lights aren't, I'll have to look into it more when I have some time.

Other than that it's looking like independence moves is going to happen for friday and saturday after 4th of July, I just need to register this week, I registered for no fear moves 2 on the go cart track again for the week after, and black market drift shop is holding a parking lot event for 40 bucks so I figured why not just drive that which is the week after no fear 2. So lots of driving happening in the next month
    What size/ price do they sell? I'm getting 225 wide 17's at BS for 60/per and 215 45 17 for 55 a pop there. The Feds are grippy enough that I'm not worried about sizing down because of availability lol. Plus BC will mount them for free!

My Cars
    LS E46
    Is that including shipping?

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    They seem to have random sizes. I just picked up 215/40/17 but that was the last pair they had, they were 60 for the pair also but the mounting alone makes it worth it to go to BC, I didn't know they did that. I didn't ask if they had 225's but it's worth sending a message, they're maybe 10-15 minutes from etown so not bad to stop on your way or I think they bring tires to the track for you also. I guess they get containers in with a whole bunch of different sizes that they seem to not know how many of each size until it gets there.

Liquidity - I'm not sure if they ship, these are local shops that try to support club loose, although BC is a supplier for some of the websites like simpletire and such so reaching out to them direct instead of buying through a website may save a few bucks

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    Is that including shipping?
    +1 to MC- Local huge tire supplier that hooks up the local clubs (Club Loose and Ready Set drift. Honestly, we probably double their yearly tire volume, or close to it. Great idea from them, and we all run BC tire stickers on our cars in return. The "Sponsorship" is basically Run their stickers, tag them in media, and get wholesale price on tires, free mounting if you bring the wheels, and $50 full race alignments by their REALLY good tech. Some of the top guys at BC are drifters too, so they support the community in a HUGE way. It's pretty cool of them. You have to be a drifter at Club Loose or Ready Set Drift to technically be in their drivers program, but if you wanted to order bulk I'm pretty sure they'd work with you to ship them to you. The shop is BC Tire & Complete Auto Service in Piscataway, NJ, look it up to grab their number. A good dude named Frank runs the drivers program, and that's who you'd want to talk to about setting something up. I'm always down to spread the good word about BC, they really do us a solid with their program.

I cleared out BC's 225 45 17's($60), they only had 6 left. Said they're about a month out from getting more. They have tons of 215 45 17($55) in stock, so I'm getting a bunch of those, and they have a bunch of 235 40 17($60) too. As far as 18's the only size close to what I'd need that they have in stock are 245 40 18($65), but I'm not going wider than 225 on the 595 because it's too much grip for my poor m54b30. I'd suggest signing up in their drivers program asap if you haven't already! $50/hour alignments are no joke, and they've never charged me for more than an hour. I suppose if it really took 2 I'd pay the $100, but the tech is pretty quick with the work.

Just realized you said the ones you grabbed from black market were $60 for a pair! That's a hell of a deal!
    Last edited by awp235; 06-26-2019 at 07:59 AM.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Yeah their edison shop is right around the corner from my girlfriends house and I need at least 4 more tires between independence moves for both days and no fear moves the following weekend so I'll have to either stop in or give them a call before then. I'll see what their normal pricing is, if anything I can run a sticker, they must still make a decent margin at 60 bucks a tire given simpletire has 205/40 feds for 67 and they eat the shipping

My Cars
    LS E46
    Oh it’s a local thing. That’s a nice thing they do. That doesn’t really exist around here, everyone just trying to make that money.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    They're a huge supplier for simpletire I believe. You'd be buying it from them anyway most likely!

My Cars
    LS E46
    Maybe if I was on that side of the country. Furthest I’ve seen anything come from was Illinois.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    I've been waiting to hear back from BC, I sent an email about the tire shredders program last week but I need tires for this weekend so i put an order through simpletire so im sure theyre going to be fulfilling that and I got charged a bit more than I would have if I went straight through them. A part time coworker here at my job is personal friends with Frank from BC and said he just had a baby last week so I'm sure his hands are full and reading sponsor me emails is low on the totem pole so we'll see when I hear back
    Last edited by mcfilmwerks; 07-01-2019 at 03:07 PM.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Yea, I reached out to him yesterday and I might just give them a call to edit my order with them. I'm going to be picking up like 18 tires from them tomorrow hopefully.
    Just realized your car is the pic on no fear moves 2 reg. Good photo!

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    Maybe if I was on that side of the country. Furthest I’ve seen anything come from was Illinois.
    Sorry I meant MC- yours probably isn't coming from them haha

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Great meeting you dude. I mentioned in my thread, car looks fresh as heck in person. Congrats on B class, you were whippin!

If you make it to pocono, you'll have more good beer waiting for you. we might bring 2 kegs if I'm having more friends come hang for the weekend!

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Thanks dude! I just replied on yours but it was good talking for a bit, you were doing awesome too, especially only your second time driving etown!

Other than that I had a blast! My efan wiring/relay is getting super hot, I burned through 3 relays in the last week so I'm unsure of what's going on, I'm kind of hoping it's just a loose connection which is why it's drawing so much, but when it burns through a 50 amp relay I'm a little confused. It stopped working last weekend when I was street driving it and didn't think anything of it, then it stopped working on my way home on friday, I checked it out Saturday morning and one of the pins was pushed out, it got fixed Saturday morning but it still kept happening, I put a new relay on saturday morning and that was fried in a few hours, it was so hot I couldn't even touch it, I know the terminal was mangled so maybe it isnt making a good connection, I may just put a new terminal on that wire and see if it continues, it's been one thing after another with this fan lately. I know nothing about wiring so this whole fan thing has been an issue.

Other than that it seems like I have an oil leak at the valve cover, seems to be in 2 spots, one on the top right in the middle by the fuel rail and one that seems to be dripping oil on the header. Someone said that they m/s52 valve covers crack when they get too hot, has anyone heard of this before? I'm going to try and take a peek at it tonight for anything that's obvious. For the time being I may try to space the back of the hood by the hinges up a little in order to help some hot air escape but I definitely don't want to make that permanent since I hate the way that looks.

The temps and humidity were just super high this weekend so maybe that played a part with the issues I'm having
    Last edited by mcfilmwerks; 07-08-2019 at 12:48 PM.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Burns through a 50 amp relay? jeez..... I can't really help you there, I'm a "I only touch electronics if I absolutely have to" guy.

As far as the valve covers, never really heard about that. I had an n54, and those covers cracked super easily due to becoming brittle from heat, and they would crack if tightened even slightly too much, and often just crack by themselves.

With the heat this weekend, I can't believe my expansion tank didn't blow out it's seal again, as it had the first 2 events of the year. Our oil is probably absolutely toasted.
    Last edited by awp235; 07-08-2019 at 01:46 PM.

My Cars
    01 M3, 99 328i
    Enjoyed this thread randomly. What did the tech guys at CL say about the cage? Looks like you just need a front section and down bars to run A group? Could the top go down with that roll bar without issue?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast