Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 325 Vert Drift Build

My Cars
    1994 325is
    This thing is sweet, I love the roll bar setup too. I would like to come out to Englishtown next year for an event

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I don't like the idea of using lower grade bolts as fuses. Makes me uncomfortable that all those side loads from drifting (that the rear is already not designed for) might break when I don't expect it. Then my battery flies off track and I become a meme.

I am sad that the whole front SLR stuff is expensive to replace if you crash. Not like there's much else you can do.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    none
    life after meme goes down hill rapidly.

e46 arms and racks spacers preformed well this weekend.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    replacing SLR parts is easy, just call up Sean and they're in the mail the next day (ask me how I know, lol)

I use the Turner arms. They bend in an wreck (once again, ask me how I know). They're also replaceable in pieces rather then the whole arm and all the joints. Like Protomor said I'd much rather bend up the arm than the subframe.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by fsteve View Post
    This thing is sweet, I love the roll bar setup too. I would like to come out to Englishtown next year for an event
    Thank you! you should its a blash

Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    replacing SLR parts is easy, just call up Sean and they're in the mail the next day (ask me how I know, lol)

I use the Turner arms. They bend in an wreck (once again, ask me how I know). They're also replaceable in pieces rather then the whole arm and all the joints. Like Protomor said I'd much rather bend up the arm than the subframe.
    I'm more concerned with the cost to replace and the fact that if something breaks my day is over. but slr is definitely going to be considered in the future

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Ok, so I'm hoping someone can help me since I have no idea and I'm stuck...

This is my knuckle, notice the mounting point for the caliper carrier is relatively straight...

This is one of the knuckles I bought and modded, notice the caliper carrier is curved a bit more...

I have no idea about differences in knuckles and didn't even notice this when I picked them up but I bolted everything back on except for the caliper/caliper carrier since that is the only thing that I noticed doesn't fit (the coilover, control arm, tie rod, new hub/wheel bearing, and rotor are all mounted and fine). Is it possible that these are e36 m3 knuckles?

Edit: talked to a friend who works at a bmw shop and he thinks they're m3 knuckles but I wanted to post to see if someone could confirm
    Last edited by mcfilmwerks; 12-27-2017 at 04:43 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Looks like a M3 knuckle.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    98 328is
    yup. M3 knuckles. They are not the same. my buddy had this exact same issue. bought some knuckles, modded them and ended up with the same issue.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Issue? Looks like an upgrade to me.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    yeah, i just ordered some freshly rebuilt calipers from rock auto and im waiting on ECS to email me back about returning the non-m pads and rotors I bought to swap with some M stuff so although it's more money I'm sure I'll be happy with it in the end!

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    So, one of the things on my list to do this winter is new coilovers, thinking of going with bc's with the caster/camber plates. When I did my e46 arm setup I never reconnected the sway bar (one because I snapped a bolt on the end link, two because I didnt drill a hole in the control arm). From what I understand the difference between non-m and m3 coilovers is the end link tab and the rear shock is a bit bigger(?), but everything else bolts up the same if what I read is correct. Will I hit any issues if I were to order m3 bc's so I can connect the sway to the shock body?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    It will bind if you ever put an any sort of extra angle in the car, but yes they will bolt up same same.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikestokman View Post
    It will bind if you ever put an any sort of extra angle in the car, but yes they will bolt up same same.
    hmm, and non m won't bind? currently in process of putting on modded knuckles so if that's the case then i may just avoid and have a tab welded if anything

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    If you mount it to the strut it will bind, be it m or early non m. If you insist on running a sway bar then it needs to go to the lca. I haven’t ran a front bar in like 4 years and haven’t had an issue ever

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikestokman View Post
    If you mount it to the strut it will bind, be it m or early non m. If you insist on running a sway bar then it needs to go to the lca. I haven’t ran a front bar in like 4 years and haven’t had an issue ever
    Ok now I understand lol, I was more concerned with body roll which is why I was thinking to connect the sway bar but ive run 2 events without it and everything has felt fine. Thank you!

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    BC's are on order. Ended up going with non-m, extreme low, 8k/12k. Hopefully they'll be in by next month so I can throw them on before any events

Finally ended up getting the brake situation figured out, ended up painting the M3 calipers in yellow, got hawk hps pads in the mail already, and after getting my order from ecs pushed out 2 months I switched over to stoptech rotors that should be here on saturday. Brakes/knuckles have no reason not to be done (other than the weather) after that.

Aside from that, I went out and bought a pair of work rezax brought in from japan for cheap, faces are relatively in good condition, the lips have seen better days and the barrels wouldnt hurt from a blast and matte black coat. I dropped them off at a friends powder shop so he's going to take them apart, repair and repolish the lips for now and I'll probably tell him to do the barrels. Here's a shot with them against the car to see how they would look, which im happy with, i didn't know if i would like them on the e36

I then came across an auction for a pair AC Schnitzer type 1's, so the same guy who I got the rezax from I had put a bid in on the schnitzers. Ended up winning that auction for 85 bucks before the fees and shipping and all that stuff, I'm thinking after I get them here I'll be paying like 250 or so

Other than that it's been slow because of this weather, single digit days without a heated garage isn't the most fun working condition especially when there's still plenty of time to work before the first event

My Cars
    98 328is
    auction? huh? id like some cheap rad wheels.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    auction? huh? id like some cheap rad wheels.
    It's format is similar to ebay, but in Japan. If you go to auctions.yahoo.co.jp you can check out their auctions. What I do is use google chrome with a translation plug in so it translates the majority of the Japanese on the page and look through what's available. You would just need to find an importer who can bid on the auction for you then set up getting the wheels in a shipping container to be shipped here. I go through a company called Garage Attack but I came across this article not too long ago that explains it a bit more if you're interested... https://primenyc.co/cheatsheet-1-ove...the-middleman/

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post
    It's format is similar to ebay, but in Japan. If you go to auctions.yahoo.co.jp you can check out their auctions. What I do is use google chrome with a translation plug in so it translates the majority of the Japanese on the page and look through what's available. You would just need to find an importer who can bid on the auction for you then set up getting the wheels in a shipping container to be shipped here. I go through a company called Garage Attack but I came across this article not too long ago that explains it a bit more if you're interested... https://primenyc.co/cheatsheet-1-ove...the-middleman/
    def interested. ive checked out the yahoo.jp auctions and i figured thats what you were doing, but never thought about actually buying because i wouldnt know how to get it here. appreciate it.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    def interested. ive checked out the yahoo.jp auctions and i figured thats what you were doing, but never thought about actually buying because i wouldnt know how to get it here. appreciate it.
    no problem man, usually some of these companies will bid it for you, then handle shipping to get it to the states (wherever they are located) then offer shipping from their shop to you or you can pick them up. Garage Attack does that, so once you win an auction they get it to their container for you and then to the states. I usually go pick up the wheels when they get in since its like 2.5 hours away from me, but they offer shipping from their shop to you for like ~$120 or so

My Cars
    1994 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post
    no problem man, usually some of these companies will bid it for you, then handle shipping to get it to the states (wherever they are located) then offer shipping from their shop to you or you can pick them up. Garage Attack does that, so once you win an auction they get it to their container for you and then to the states. I usually go pick up the wheels when they get in since its like 2.5 hours away from me, but they offer shipping from their shop to you for like ~$120 or so
    You know Jordan? I was at his open house in Philly last year and have spent a good amount of time with him. Super nice guy I recommend going through him to anyone.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I just brought in an inverted hatch for my rx7 through Wolfreign Motors, they were great to work with

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by fsteve View Post
    You know Jordan? I was at his open house in Philly last year and have spent a good amount of time with him. Super nice guy I recommend going through him to anyone.
    Yeah man, he’s a friend of a friend so I went out to York a couple weeks ago to pick up the rezax and while I was there hanging with him I came across the shnitzers and had him put a bid in on those too. He’s a real nice guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    I just brought in an inverted hatch for my rx7 through Wolfreign Motors, they were great to work with
    That’s gonna look great! I wanna pick up a fun Japanese street car eventually and FC’s look like so much fun
    Last edited by mcfilmwerks; 01-19-2018 at 09:47 PM.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Not much of an update, but got the rezax refinished

and a little while back painted the calipers, waiting to get them back then i'll be good to bolt everything in the front back up. idk why i did yellow lol, a friend owns a body shop and he did his calipers in yellow so i just went with it, it was my first time ever really prepping, painting, and clearing anything so although it doesn't look that great it was a fun learning experience

Should be getting them back tomorrow then I have no reason to put them on. Club Loose teased a clinic beginning of March so that's officially my get it done and get tires date

Other than that, picked up a pair of lux skirts from a friends shop, gonna paint those and then all I need is an m3 rear bumper and I'll be happy with the bumper/skirts

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    Well I've been too lazy this winter, but there should be a break in the weather today so I'm hoping to get the coilovers on today or atleast start them

I splurged again and bought a pair of work xt7's for a good price so those should be here in April, these were the wheels I wanted most for this car so im pretty excited about this

And then my girlfriend got me a z3 steering rack for valentines day which is awesome since that was the last piece I really wanted before the season started so that comes in next week. Most likely I'll let the car sit until that comes in and finish off the knuckles and rack at the same time since I'm swapping my inners back to e36 with spacers

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast