Thread: N54, Boost Pressure

My Cars
    335i E93 N54

N54, Boost Pressure

Hi all,
    My understanding is that the Twin Turbos' pressure are measured at 8 (stock) PSI combined.
    If one of the Twins stops producing the correct boost, will the other work harder to make up for it? (trying to get the combined 8 PSI)

I ask, as my car is taking a little long to build pressure and I'm wondering if one of my Twins is napping.
    I have to speculate (likely obvious) as I'm still learning about the N54 world.
    Once the pressure is up, it holds correctly, so I doubt a leak or such. (it was tested for leaks 3 weeks ago)

Thanks for all thoughts on this!

My Cars
    2006 330xi, 2010 WRX
    .... what do you have to look at to tell you where your boost pressure is at what RPM?... Either real time or logged engine management data??

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    How many miles are on your car? What do your WGDCs look like? I would look real hard at your vacuum lines, and boost solenoids. I replaced all my vacuum lines plus one of my boost solenoids to get my boost back.

My Cars
    335i E93 N54
    *Edit: 'Miles' is 180,000KM*

I have a JB4 installed. (only been driving the car (and JB4) for about a week)
    Just driving in Map 1. (12.5 lbs I think)
    I've not yet gotten into any logs yet.
    I will install the Bluetooth option this weekend, so I should be able to start pulling information.

I speculate this will allow me to see RPM and boost.
    I'll start there, then be in touch.

Real-time: with the JB4 (gas gauge showing boost) shows it hits 12.5 (first map), but as mentioned, sometimes it takes longer to get there than others. It holds pretty tight right through RPM (per gauge and feel).

I think I'm noticing that the engine likes to be fully warmed up before you give-er. I've been giving it 5-10 minutes, but in 32F it seems to want longer. (dash oil measures around 7-10 minutes in, while the analog temp gauge still hasn't moved yet)

I was playing a fair bit yesterday, and then it all felt more responsive.
    This leads me to think it likes to be fully warm, or that I need to give the engine a tune up. (no lights or issues, though haven't yet sorted through my K&DCAN cable/software to look for more subtle alerts)

Admittedly, I'm jumping into this quicker than I can learn all my software/options.
    This said, all the feedback is helping my knowledge and confidence greatly (thanks!).

My Cars
    335i E93 N54
    In reading about the JB4, I believe it only boosts past 8 lbs when engine reaches a certain temp.
    It certainly feels this way.
    I'm learning to respect the warm ups more and also enjoying more predictable power.

I'll post a link if I find something definitive wrt high boosting before engine is fully warmed.