Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cody's e36 build dd/track fun

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    100% for next season is how I want to be too, may or may not make the laaast event out here in december. Usually pretty cold by then, last year it snowed and the guys were throwing duallys around the track! Just depends on timing of when I can get to work on the car. I wonder if the toe correction RTAB would fit my e46....
    I dont see why they wouldnt. What are your alignment numbers without them? At my height with 1* of rear camber I ended up at almost an inch of rear toe out, thus the combination of bushing and modded brackets

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I'd have to go back and look. I'm pretty sure I'm toed in like 1.1*, and have around 2.6 degrees of camber I think. I'm not crazy low, nothing like you, but I like having the shoulders of the tire tucked a bit. I'd be lower in the front but I'd have to greatly limit my angle, so monster truck it is!
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    I'd have to go back and look. I'm pretty sure I'm toed in like 1.1*, and have around 2.6 degrees of camber I think. I'm not crazy low, nothing like you, but I like having the shoulders of the tire tucked a bit. I'd be lower in the front but I'd have to greatly limit my angle, so monster truck it is!
    Yeah, once I get some more angle stuff I will end up cutting stuff to stay low and have decent angle. Got all the solid Condor Speed bushings installed tonight, still need an alignment but the car feels so much better already. Does seem like I need to take some damping out of the rear shocks, the soft/blown out rubber must have soaked a lot of small movements up haha. Put the stock 2.90 diff back in, wont be nearly as much fun around town but I have some traveling to do this winter and want to take the e36. Anyone near my ride height have suggestions on rear toe settings?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    100% for next season is how I want to be too, may or may not make the laaast event out here in december. Usually pretty cold by then, last year it snowed and the guys were throwing duallys around the track! Just depends on timing of when I can get to work on the car. I wonder if the toe correction RTAB would fit my e46....
    the E36/e46 use the same RTABs, ill be doing these in my E46 this winter.
    https://nerptech.bigcartel.com/produ...inserts-rtab-s

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    the E36/e46 use the same RTABs, ill be doing these in my E46 this winter.
    https://nerptech.bigcartel.com/produ...inserts-rtab-s
    Nice man, I wont shop with nerptech after my last experience with them, but I know a ton of people run his parts and they seem to work well

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Grabbed this today while at work, I love the way this car looks

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Car looks great man
    What's your rear spring rate/size?
    is the upper arm hitting the chassis?

sigh I want my car to be this low without issues.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Car looks great man
    What's your rear spring rate/size?
    is the upper arm hitting the chassis?

sigh I want my car to be this low without issues.
    Thanks man! I am on Broadway Static Fortune 500 coils, 18k rear/16k front. The rear springs are 4", I still have the adjuster in but I pulled one of the adjustment collars and have the one remaining all the way down. No signs of the upper arm hitting the body, joys of nice stiff spring rates haha.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by cody2130 View Post
    Nice man, I wont shop with nerptech after my last experience with them, but I know a ton of people run his parts and they seem to work well
    Yeah I've heard that, but hes the only one making an offset bearing that I know of

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    I went with Condor Speed's solid UHMW offset bushings and had zero issues getting rid of an inch of toe out haha
    Grimegang_cody on instagram if you want to follow my progress
    Quote Originally Posted by Timing View Post
    I heard you like fenders, yo. So I screwed some fenders on your fenders.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Do they allow for any adjustment- beyond just sliding in the bracket holes? I guess I'm not sure how I'd adjust them at all. I guess I really just need to ball out and get some lower arms and see what the heck happens on the rack at my height. How much djustment does the factory adjustment on the e46 have? I'm not even sure...

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    I had modded trailing arm brackets built and I have a ton of adjustment, went from almost an inch of toe out to just a touch of toe in and still have more spacers I can move to get more toe in. You should have a bit of adjustment from the factory, unless your stupid low and running almost no camber just the offset bushings should be more than enough to get you back to good alignment numbers
    Last edited by cody2130; 11-08-2018 at 12:34 PM.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    not much. Just the 3 slotted holes where the rtab mount bolts to the body

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    On the hunt for some parts this winter, if anyone has a 326power style wing, full body kit or a chassis mount shifter setup please pm me so I can buy them haha. Scored this Grip Royal wood grain steering wheel from a buddy, it has a couple cracks that I am fixing but for $20 how could I say no?

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    cliq runs some good promo for black friday if you're gonna be ready to purchase. I think last year it was like 25-30 percent off so may be worth it to pick up their shifter and kit if you like them and have some money to play with by next week. I have the shifter and it was for some odd reason, super notchy when I had it mated to the getrag without a dssr and super worn bushings. Now with the zf and a garagistic dssr it feels so buttery and smooth, really happy with the whole setup

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfilmwerks View Post
    cliq runs some good promo for black friday if you're gonna be ready to purchase. I think last year it was like 25-30 percent off so may be worth it to pick up their shifter and kit if you like them and have some money to play with by next week. I have the shifter and it was for some odd reason, super notchy when I had it mated to the getrag without a dssr and super worn bushings. Now with the zf and a garagistic dssr it feels so buttery and smooth, really happy with the whole setup
    I am hunting for a local m52 and a ZF to rebuild, possibly for boost so I will make sure I grab a DSSR and I was going to do solid bushings on everything before I install it. I got a very nice sponsorship offer from Cliq so its like 99% sure I am going to do their kit, short throw and a couple other choice parts.

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    with the garagistic dssr and the cliq tuning shifter I had to actually grind the little eyelet thing on the shifter in order to be able to fit it in between the end of the dssr. Just a heads up if you go with that one. I heard it was an issue with some of the dssr's with aftermarket shifters. Really wasnt bad at all and was super mininmal, like a millimeter

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    I was going to do condor or garagistic, not 100% sure yet, I have had really good luck with both in the past. Steering wheel hub will be here around lunch so I will probably go home and snag that on my lunch break and throw the new wheel on. Ended up having to order new rear tires, apparently at almost an inch of rear toe tires dont last nearly as long haha. So those should be here sometime next week, going to get them mounted up and re-align the car again. I still need to trade my 3.91 diff for like a 3.15, the 2.90 sucks if your in the wrong gear and the 3.91 is a bit...much for a daily haha

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    So I finally talked a friend with a good camera to grab some better pictures, here are a couple I like

Been working on getting a spare M52 engine to start a very mild build on along with a zf transmission, the loose plan at the moment is to throw some headstuds and a better headgasket on along with new rings and bearings then put a relatively small turbo on. The goals are to make 350 whp on pump gas and make it dalily-able. Other than that I am working on getting some aero and a couple other small things over the winter.

My Cars
    LS E46
    You just need to get yourself a trans with overdrive like an e46 6-speed from a zhp or an m3. Then those 3.91’s will be fine. Car looks good man. Those wheels look absolutely huge but they fit so nice.

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    How hard is it to get an e46 6 speed to fit? I may go that route depending.....

My Cars
    LS E46
    Shifter linkage, custom driveshaft, maybe a clutch depending which trans you get. May need a flywheel if you get the m3 trans. Good time to swap in a nice single-mass chromoly flywheel anyways. And I’m sure the trans cross brace will need to be modified.

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Talking to a guy who says he has an e46 smg with everything needed to go into an e36 for like $1500 and the trans has been converted to a full manual with a detent kit, no idea what that means though haha

My Cars
    LS E46
    The smg is just a regular manual that uses hydraulic actuators to control the shifting, but the selector rod doesn’t have anything to hold the shifter in the 3-4 gate like a normal manual. The shifter will just flop around, and it’s pretty much impossible to select the proper gear if you were to try to shift it normally. Requires a regular manual selector rod and either the matching bell housing or someone to mill the bell housing to fit the springs (detent pins) that hold the shifter in the 3-4 gate.
    Last edited by Liquidity; 11-19-2018 at 11:36 PM.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I've considered the 6 speed route, but I can't justify it for the cost. Also, make sure you look at aftermarket clutches for the zhp 6 speed. I seem to remember that there aren't many options for it, so if you ever want to add power, it might be hard to find flywheel/ clutch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast