Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cody's e36 build dd/track fun

My Cars
    96 328i coupe

Cody's e36 build dd/track fun

Figured I would get this started so I can keep track of where the car started and what I have done to it.
    Got the car on black friday 2017. 174k miles, raceland coilovers, 5x120 to 5x114.3 bolt on adaptors and some of the most bacon like fenders known to man. Has a 3" catback exhaust and is stock under the hood beyond that.

Penta-pug up front

Plans are to get some wheels that fit, BC racing DR series coilovers 12k front 14k rear with ultra low bodies, reinforce the body and subframe, replace all the bushings with solid or at least harder ones, m50 intake manifold (Got that already) headers, intake, a tune from RK, a race seat on the floor, cliq tuning bodykit and shifter, make it all one color, add some basic steering angle mods and have a ton of fun with it.

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Nice, sounds like a pretty good plan for the most part. Planning on welding the diff?

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Yeah, it's headed to my welder in the next few days to get welded

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Joys of working for a wrecking yard, I scored an ITG intake and mishimoto radiator today for the car. Gonna be a couple weeks before everything is on but its starting to come together

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    e36 1.jpg
    Well things have been getting done. Got the ride height firgured out, summer wheels are installed and I am working through a front end shake issue that I thought was tie rods but looks more like smoked front control arm bushings so it may be time to go to some e46 arms. Need to get my fixed back race seat in and get a shorter ratio diff as the 2.9 is not cutting it haha

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    No more "camo" finailly! Got some musk customs flares coming along with a lip for the non-m bumper and best of all a 3.73 welded diff. Threw some Garagistic front lollipops in with the 95a bushings and I have some extended control arms on the way from villains so the car is really starting to come together, heres some pics from a local spot that I love, I will get some more once the new parts get here and I get them on

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Front lip got here, diff gets here tomorrow and the flares should be here the day after! Super excited

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Got my Musk Customs flares put on over the weekend, I need my rear camber arms and front LCA's along with better wheels but it looks a ton better than the rusty metal that was there

I also brought the rear fender lip up about an inch and a half so I can level out the ride height here soon. More updates to come soon as my 3.73 diff is at the shop getting welded now for some sick skids

My Cars
    96 328i coupe

Broadway static coilovers got here today, can't wait to get them on and go lower. 16k front 18k rear so they should be stiff enough. On a separate note the 3.73 diff wouldnt fit so I am trading it for a 3.91 thats been welded. Got E46 arms that I will be shaving down to fit in e36 lollipops, as well as adjustable rear camber arms to get rid of my redonkulous rear camber situation. Need some toe corrected RTAB with limiters and reinforcements for the subframe mounting points next. Thanks for stopping in and taking a look, should have more pics coming soon

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Got the rears on, was hoping it would sit a bit lower but it's a good start

Front's will be going on tomorrow night/Saturday morning

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Front Broadway Static coil overs went on over the weekend, tried putting the front lip back on and that lasted about 15 minutes at this height lol

Have big changes coming soon including euro tails and a different fender setup. Need to get some wheels that fit better so if your in the pnw and have cool wheels for sale pm me lol

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    My plate welded 3.91 went in yesterday for fathers day, what a difference....Need to get some tires together and hit my local open drift day. Car is really starting to come together and I cant wait to see how it does on the track.

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Felony Form overs went on this weekend along with extended LCAS modded e90 inner tie rods and I took a bunch more metal out of the fenders. Loving the way that the car is coming together

Last edited by cody2130; 06-27-2018 at 11:11 PM.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    16k front 18k rear
    holy hell, how terrible is that ride? I'm at 8k front 6k rear on my E46 haha. How's you rear toe now that you lowered it?

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Ride is pretty good honestly, joys of going with Broadway Static is all they do is nutty high spring rates haha. At this ride height much less spring rate would end up causing some serious issues with rubbing and scraping. No idea on rear toe, I am putting on my rear camber arms on my next days off and getting an alignment done so we will see how it sits. Next up is to get the bushings in the back replaced along with welding in the reinforcement plates on the body
    Last edited by cody2130; 06-26-2018 at 07:22 PM.

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    holy hell, how terrible is that ride? I'm at 8k front 6k rear on my E46 haha. How's you rear toe now that you lowered it?
    That's not cray high, its pretty impressive what good valving can do. I'm at 10/12 I think and it feels soft still. Fortune auto and broadway are wizards. love them guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cody2130 View Post
    Ride is pretty good honestly, joys of going with Broadway Static is all they do is nutty high spring rates haha. At this ride height much less spring rate would end up causing some serious issues with rubbing and scraping. No idea on rear toe, I am putting on my rear camber arms on my next days off and getting an alignment done so we will see how it sits. Next up is to get the bushings in the back replaced along with welding in the reinforcement plates on the body
    Grab a set of nerps offset RTAB I'm dumped with between 0 and -1 depending on wheel set up and I have the ability to go + or - with my toe. Plenty of adjustment but overall the more stable rear end of the car feels amazing. On/off throttle response is night and day difference for me and my RTAB weren't even that bad. Camber arms > rtab > anything other bushing in my book.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    That's not cray high, its pretty impressive what good valving can do. I'm at 10/12 I think and it feels soft still. Fortune auto and broadway are wizards. love them guys.

Grab a set of nerps offset RTAB I'm dumped with between 0 and -1 depending on wheel set up and I have the ability to go + or - with my toe. Plenty of adjustment but overall the more stable rear end of the car feels amazing. On/off throttle response is night and day difference for me and my RTAB weren't even that bad. Camber arms > rtab > anything other bushing in my book.
    After buying my rack spacers and hand brake extension from nerp I will never do business with him again sadly. Took 7 weeks to get those two parts, couldn't get him to respond via e-mail or anything until I opened a paypal claim then suddenly dude can email me. My next round of upgrades will be all the rear bushings and reinforcements but I will be going with parts from either condor speed or garagistic. And yes, Broadway is amazing, got my coils used on here and they have been nothing but helpful even with me not being the first owner

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I’m pretty sure my BC’s are 7k/8k. Softest way it comes without custom ordering it I believe. It rides super well but I’m trying to be kind of low... so I wish I had at least 10/12.
    One day maybe I’ll send them back for springs/ revalving, but at that point maybe it’d be worth it just to get new better adjustable coils and have them set from the factory to what I want.

It’s awesome that broadway helps you out even as a second owner. True customer service!

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Yeah, if you are looking to go low your going to have a bad time with those rates, I have had a few sets of BC's and I loved them. Yeah, Broadway Static have been really good to work with, 10/10 would buy from them, and I am amazed at how well they ride given how high the rate is and how low my car is lol

My Cars
    none
    After buying my rack spacers and hand brake extension from nerp I will never do business with him again sadly. Took 7 weeks to get those two parts, couldn't get him to respond via e-mail or anything until I opened a paypal claim then suddenly dude can email me. My next round of upgrades will be all the rear bushings and reinforcements but I will be going with parts from either condor speed or garagistic. And yes, Broadway is amazing, got my coils used on here and they have been nothing but helpful even with me not being the first owner

Be careful with bushings from gargistic I've heard a lot about them just being grossly miss sized. Ive got condor FCAB and Love them. Tightened the front up and adapted my e46 arms.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Weird, I had the same thing happen with garagastic. Nerp took about 2 weeks to get my offset RTABS here, Garagastic took 4+ to get the delrin ones here, was unresponsive, and they fit like doodoo.

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    My garagistic fcab's have been amazing, nice and solid and they shipped super fast. I will probably just go with condor for most of my remaining stuff

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I've used Powerflex for lots of stuff and liked them every time.

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Rear camber arms went in today and I pulled one of the rear collars so the rear now sits how I want it too. Needs a spacer to flush it up but I am super happy. Have wrap ordered to start getting the car all one color and looking good too. More progress pics as soon as thats on

My Cars
    96 328i coupe
    Overs got wrapped the other day, we will be doing the rest of the car in the next week or two. Grabbed some pictures so have fun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast