Thread: E38 Build Version 2.0

My Cars
    1998 740i

E38 Build Version 2.0

I haven't posted much in a while and decided to start a new thread since photobucket hi-jacked the internet and my old thread is now comprised of nothing.

I apologize for the large pictures in advance

So, a quick recap...

Started out with a 1996 740iL. (no pics of it stock)
    The body wasn't in the best condition, but the maintenance records were good. I decided to repair all the rust and dings on the body, and make it pretty to look at once again.
    Installed custom valved BC Racing coils with swift springs.

Did way too many things to list here, but here are a few pics of what it looked like once it was done.

One of my favourite pics

Long story short, bought an E36 out of impulse and parked the E38 (around October). The sunroof leaked and water pooled on the floor. I was in the middle of moving, and getting a new job and just didn't have time to deal with the car. The water ruined everything inside, fried every possible electric circuit, mold, etc...R.I.P.

Upwards and onwards!
    Bought a 98 740i with a blown transmission. it has 170xxx km, never winter drive, and I am the 3rd owner. Also don't have pictures of it stock (I never think to do that).
    Drove it home, put it on jack stands and got to work!

Out with the slushbox

I have been wanting to have a 6 speed 7 for a while now.
    The same week I bought the 98, I came across a 6 speed off of another E38 that had been converted. So it came with the extended driveshaft, flywheel, and all the goodies.
    I picked it up, replaced the seals, and gave it a fresh coat of paint

Pulled the motor to refresh it, clean, and change gaskets.

Squeaky clean!

And the freshened up the engine.

Replaced engine parts and gaskets, as well as numerous suspension parts

yea i know the suspension parts are cheap....tough times lol. Down the road, if I need to ill get better parts

Moved on to the interior

Rewrapped the headliner myself. The iL was done in suede, and i debated doing it again but decided on a easier material to work with.

Oh yea, i also did this

i will have it wired to come on when the doors open and will also have a separate switch to allow me to set the mood

I went back to college this year to add on to my resume, and we had a 5 week strike. It gave me time to get cracking at a project i have wanted to do for a long time... Quad projectors.
    I wasnt a big fan of the stock lights. I decided to upgrade the lowbeam projectors to 3" bi-xenon ones, and also convert the hi-beams to the same projectors.

(the images are thumnails. click to enlarge)

This was a time-consuming project! A lot of cutting and grinding, and of course swearing lol
    Using the headlights from the old E38, I pieced them both together where needed.
    I am very happy with how it turned out.
    I will have my angel eyes run as DRLs (We need those in Canada) and i will have 4 low beams and 4 hi-beams.
    Some will think it is overkill, quite frankly I don't care I'm sure the lighting aficionados on here will appreciate it.
    The cutoffs are super sharp on these projectors, and they are aimed almost perfectly (what a pain that was by the way) Aiming quads is not fun.

Lastly, my Christmas present came in early this week

i have wanted a proper radio in this car forever, and this was the best unit for me i believe.

That is it for now...The car is still in shambles as i do not have alot of time to work on it. Hopefully in the new year once i finish the semester at school i can go full throttle again and hopefully have it on the road again!
    instagram: @artur_bastos
    My E38 Build

My Cars
    E38 M62B44
    Nice touch on the headliner !

My Cars
    00 BMW 750
    can't see any of your pictures

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Lookin' good! I've got quad projectors also, and yeah they are a pain to get all lined up! Looking forward to your radio install.

What wheels are those? Look like 19" converted Style 5s? Or are they 18?

My Cars
    1998 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpike View Post
    can't see any of your pictures
    could it be your browser? i just changed hosts so it should all be displayed

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Lookin' good! I've got quad projectors also, and yeah they are a pain to get all lined up! Looking forward to your radio install.

What wheels are those? Look like 19" converted Style 5s? Or are they 18?
    yea im very excited to see this radio in action! ive heard nothing but good things

They are 18" Style 5s converted to 19. I would like to find one more 18" face to make a spare but it is not easy. Mind you i havent looked that hard either lol
    My E38 Build

My Cars
    2001 750iL
    Very nice. Hope to see your car on the road soon as we are practically neighbours.
    Glad to see another being restored as I do not see too many E38s in town anymore.
    I'm planning to put in a similar Android head unit on mine after the holidays. Should uplift the entertainment side of the car.
    That 5-week strike probably helped with spare time on your hands to work on it
    Good luck.

My Cars
    1995 Dinan 740il
    My malware blocker don't like your picture host so I can't see the pictures either (FF and IE).

My Cars
    '95 740i
    HOLY CRAP!

HOLY .. HOLY CRAP! =D

What a project, I've seen bits and pieces of this happening but never realized what I was seeing. Great job dude! That new tranny and cleaned up motor, I'm jeeeeeeealous! I figure pictures never do those headliners with optics any justice, I've yet to see it in person.

Wow I love what you've done, Oshawa huh? We have to meet next spring/summer!

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    1998 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos View Post
    HOLY CRAP!

HOLY .. HOLY CRAP! =D

What a project, I've seen bits and pieces of this happening but never realized what I was seeing. Great job dude! That new tranny and cleaned up motor, I'm jeeeeeeealous! I figure pictures never do those headliners with optics any justice, I've yet to see it in person.

Wow I love what you've done, Oshawa huh? We have to meet next spring/summer!
    Thank you sir, its coming along slowly but surely lol
    We definitely should meet up next year, hopefully my 7 will at least be mobile
    im dying to see that rear diffuser in person!

Quote Originally Posted by MJeffC View Post
    Very nice. Hope to see your car on the road soon as we are practically neighbours.
    Glad to see another being restored as I do not see too many E38s in town anymore.
    I'm planning to put in a similar Android head unit on mine after the holidays. Should uplift the entertainment side of the car.
    That 5-week strike probably helped with spare time on your hands to work on it
    Good luck.
    haha every time i see one it is some old guy driving it and its bone stock too. so sad
    lol oh yes, the strike gave me pleeeenty of time to work on those lights

Quote Originally Posted by Grady in Texas View Post
    My malware blocker don't like your picture host so I can't see the pictures either (FF and IE).
    maybe try it on a different device?
    i am on a macbook using Chrome.

Has anybnody else had issues seeing the pictures?
    My E38 Build

My Cars
    E38 M62B44
    Mozzila here. No problems.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    wow nice work and I can see all the pictures also where is the radio install
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    1998 740i
    radio install is yet to come friends.
    I need to put my engine and transmission in so i can put my interior back together and then tackle the radio.
    got a long awaited item in the mail today!

custom aluminum rad with electric fans, since the OE rads are prone to failure.
    My E38 Build

My Cars
    '95 740i
    Ohhh the good'ol Schmuck Hull!! Hahahah

Looks great.

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    1998 740i
    So this era has come to an end.
    Ive decided to move on from the E38 and will be getting rid of it and everything i have for it.
    Posting this as a feeler.

Car is currently on jack stands, with the drivetrain removed. Interior is still taken apart as well.
    Would anybody be interested in taking it over as a project?
    I know it is a big endeavour.
    If not, i will be parting it out and selling all the stuff from it.
    -CEIKA BBK
    -Custom Brembo BBK
    -6 speed conversion kit (tranny, clutch and flywheel, driveshaft)
    -Starlight headliner
    -M62 motor with 172xxx km, with all new fresh seals and gaskets

ill probably add to this post soon, but wanted to gauge interest
    My E38 Build

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Nice work on the headliner.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/