Thread: Group Buy: European Parts

My Cars
    '90 325is, '10 128i

Group Buy: European Parts

UPDATE 06/05/2018: Our supplier pretty much fell through. We're still looking and once we have a reliable connection I'll revisit this group buy in the future but for now it's dead

Hello!

We at Bechtel Bavarian in Philly are preparing to place a large order of EUROPEAN NEW, USED, and Quality German Aftermarket parts.
    If you need any Euro-spec or hard-to-get parts for your 2018 New Years Resolution ("I'll finish it this year for sure!") and are serious about buying them (no flakes please), reply here, shoot me a PM, or fill out the Google Sheet (link at end).

How this'll work:

1. INITIAL REQUESTS - You give us your part requests by December 10th, 2017. What we need from you: Part Numbers, Condition preference, contact info.
    2. 12/11/2017: we send the request to our supplier in Europe
    3. SUPPLIER RESPONSE - After we hear back from our supplier we send you: Quantities available, condition of used parts, shipping times, PRICES.
    4. PAYMENTS - We'll give you a week to decide what you really want. At this point it's a regular forum-like sale. You let us know what you actually want to buy, and we will give you a total price shipped to your door. You PayPal us. We assemble the final order.
    5. GROUP BUY ORDER PLACED - sometime towards the end of December, most likely 3rd week.
    6. EU SHIPMENT RECEIVED IN PHILLY - After we receive the parts in US, inspect them, and send them to you (local pickup is OK too). If there are any issues with part condition at this point due to shipping or anything else we will contact you and resolve it before even sending you the order.
    7. SHIPMENT SENT TO YOU! Returns: New and aftermarket parts can be exchanged if defective. USED parts cannot, but we will show you exact pictures of used part condition prior to your commitment to purchase it. Insurance: We will include insurance on all shipments.

NOTE: If you need parts ASAP, this is not the group buy you are looking for! Keep in mind we won't be submitting a paid order to Europe until the 3rd week of December, and with holidays and most likely a week lead time on some parts, we're looking for them to ship the order to US *maybe* in the first week of January. We will keep all dates updated, see the timeline at the end of this post.

IMPORTANT: This will be first come, first served, so whoever puts in their requests first gets dibs if quantities are limited.

Example parts (just to give you ideas):
    Code:
    Euro Clocks - PN 62131376903
    Grilles - PN 51131876091 & 51131876092
    Headlights - DEPO, DjAuto, HELLA, BOSCH. Clear, Smoked, French, take your pick.
    Fender turn signals - PN 63131367801 & 63131367802 - OEM, Aftermarket Black, Aftermarket Clear
    Bumper turn signal glass - clear, black
    Warning Triangles and First Aid Kits - OEM & Quality aftermarket (made in Germany)
    Aluminum engine arms - PN 11811176564 & 11811176565
    E34 M50 oil pan - PN 11131740346
    M21 oil pump - PN 11411275093
    Maplight mirror - PN 51161906525
    E46 320d 6-speed transmission - drop-in Getrag 6spd for M20 (might need bent selector rod?)
    E34 525tds ZF 5-speed - drop-in ZF 5spd for M20
    License plate inserts / Rear number filler / Heckblende
    E28 524td flywheel - PN 21211225972
    E36 6-speed transmissions
    Body kits - M-technic, Reiger, etc
    Wheels

OTHER PARTS:
    Lastly, keep in mind we can order any new or German aftermarket BMW part that's not NLA and it should be (in most cases) more cost-effective than purchasing directly in US. So if you have any regular parts requests, add them in to the mix.

That's it for the explanations, below is everything you need to participate!

PARTS REQUEST LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Please don't put emails and contact information in the google sheet, just your username! PM me your contact info.
    Try to create separate lines for each part or logical set of parts (headlights, grilles, transmission swap, etc).

TIMELINE:
    (will be updated as the group buy progresses)

• INITIAL REQUESTS DUE - 12/10/2017
    • INITIAL REQUEST SENT TO EU - 12/20/2017
    • SUPPLIER RESPONSE RECEIVED - TBD
    • PAYMENTS COLLECTED - TBD (Mid/Late December)
    • ORDER PLACED - TBD (Mid/Late December)
    • SHIPMENT RECEIVED IN PHILLY - TBD (Early/Mid January)
    • SHIPMENTS SENT TO YOU - TBD (Early/Mid January)

Our address: 1130 Orthodox Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19124
    For shop hours and contact info: www.bechtelbavarian.com/contact

Last edited by cozzak; 06-05-2018 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Updated timeline

My Cars
    '90 325is, '10 128i
    Bump... 3 days left to get requests in for quotes!

My Cars
    '90 325is, '10 128i
    Last chance to get your requests in for price quotes! I'll be compiling and sending the list to the supplier tomorrow. Add whatever parts you're looking for into the Google Drives sheet today because i'll lock it for editing tomorrow.

My Cars
    '90 325is, '10 128i
    bump... request list sent to EU!! I was supposed to send it on 12/10 but some things got in the way. As soon as I get a response with pricing I'll start contacting everyone who put their request in the google drive sheet.

My Cars
    '90 325is, '10 128i
    UPDATE: I'm very sorry for this extremely late update but our supplier pretty much fell through. We're still looking and once we have a reliable connection I'll revisit this group buy in the future but for now it's dead .