BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 1996 328i Schwarz II on black, 5spd tons of mods+maintenance

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual

FS: 1996 328i Schwarz II on black, 5spd tons of mods+maintenance

Hey everyone, the time has come to sell my e36. If you have seen the car throughout the 7.5 years of my ownership, you'll know it was meticulously taken care of. I have lots of build updates on here and on my social media if you are interested in seeing the progress throughout the years. Here's a huge list of everything that is put into the car.

I'll put the link to the Flickr folder here so you can see all the pictures, but I'll upload some here too. There's just too many to post here.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8E93F2

I’m putting my beloved 1996 328i up for sale. I’m a BMW enthusiast and I have owned the car for over 7 years now, but it's time for something different. I will start off by saying the car has a clean title, it's never been drifted, hooned, tracked, or beaten in any way. The car currently has 192k miles.

Asking $6,500 FIRM for the HERE ONLY. I would love for this car to go to another enthusiast who knows what they’re getting. This car is nice and solid and it feels very healthy.

I bought the car bone stock and I have done all the modifications either myself or at West Werks Automotive and at Park Place LTD when I worked there. The car has been completely gone through and if parts looked like they were going to wear out, they were replaced and upgraded. I have a folder of all the receipts in my ownership. I can tell you pretty much anything you need to know about the car and I’m happy to answer any questions!

The car sits on M parallel reps currently for the sale.

Engine:
    M52 2.8L
    replaced block with a different block with 28k mileage on it, head gasket replaced and bump in compression (old block was cracked, common on m52)
    S52 camshafts, replaced parts that were worn
    Beisan Vanos anti rattle kit, seals and bearing
    M50 manifold with m50 manifold kit from m50manifold.com, M50 fuel rail cover
    Ceramic coated Raceland euro headers (Supersprint euro copies) custom mated to a new stainless steel supersprint center resonator using really nice ball joint exhaust clamps. Bolts right up to the catback.
    UUC System U catback (the whole system sounds amazing and cuts the drone! Picked up a lot of torque with this setup)
    Bimmerworld O2 simulators
    Replaced radiator, upper radiator hose, expansion tank, metal thermostat housing
    Understeer.com fan delete kit with lower temp fan switch
    Water pump replaced with metal impeller water pump
    Cosmos cold air intake (Dinan without the badge)
    Camshaft position sensor replaced recently
    Secondary air pump delete
    Starter replaced, camshaft position sensor replaced
    Replaced both serpentine belts, idler pulley
    Car is already a rare non traction control model
    Shark Injector stage 3+ tune
    Replaced vanos solenoid, the old one's firing pin wasn't actuating as fast as it should.
    Fuel filter replaced
    Comes with Oil pump wired nut, not installed. Brand new.

Drivetrain:
    Low mileage one owner 3.38 lsd (less than 80k miles on it)
    Rogue engineering transmission bushings
    M3 motor mounts
    Z3m shift lever with Rogue engineering weighted selector rod, all new bushings and selector shaft seal UUC riser for the shifter so it doesn't hit the flex disc. Custom setup that doesn't feel notchy like most short shift kits and fixes the long reverse and 5th gear throws
    New flex disc
    UUC clutch line, CDV delete
    M3 clutch, f1 lightweight flywheel
    New Sway bar bushings
    Power steering reservoir and lines replaced some time ago
    UUC clutch bushings
    New Brake light switch, gets rid of the dreaded “brake light failure” on the obc
    Stoptech street pads on the front
    Painted rotor hats and calipers black
    Abs sensor replaced on the right side

Suspension:
    KW v1 coilovers with BMW front reinforcement plates and UUC camber plates, Includes KW tool kit
    Rogue Engineering rear shock mounts
    X brace
    Lemforder M3 control arms (better bushings)
    Tie rod assemblies replaced

Exterior:
    DDM M3 bumpers and mirrors, rear bumper has the oem m3 rear diffuser
    Updated late model nose panel, old one was rock chipped and I hated the pre facelift grills.
    M3 trim, M3 front brake ducts, BMW license plate delete strip
    Rolled+ Flared rear fenders, Slightly rolled front fenders
    New Rear window trim, New cowl trim, New door handle gaskets
    Black vinyl wrapped twisty side skirts (also have lux skirts, previous owner put a big crack in one)
    Oem chrome grills
    Oem amber corner lights
    Oem BMW euro clear tail lights, not aftermarket junk (clear portion tinted light smoke with oracal 8300)
    Smoked side turn signals
    PDR around the whole car (paintless dent removal)
    New front roundel All LED turn signals, reverse lights and license plate lights. License plate lights and turn signals have resistors, so no hyper flash or codes.
    Dj auto headlights with DDE CCFL thin line angel eyes, 5000k HID headlights (just took these out and cleaned them inside
    Fog lights have 3000k HID

Interior:
    Oem lux seats with fold down split rear seats
    Black Suede headliner with oem 1/8 inch thick foam, including rear parcel shelf, glove box trim and side mirror trim
    Oem Rubber floor mats front, e90 floor mats rear
    Red needle mod in gauge cluster, trim rings
    18 button obc with no dead pixels
    Driver door pocket coin holder
    All LED interior lights, including trunk
    Black m3 lights and sun visor conversion
    Zhp shift knob
    New seat belt caps on B pillar

Audio:
    Kicker 1" tweeter
    JL 5.25 coaxial speakers converted to component
    Tympany (vifa) midrange
    3 way passive crossover
    new heavy duty speaker wire
    Amplified with a 4 channel power bass amp
    Removed Rear speakers to port bass into the cabin
    Wired for a subwoofer with 4 gauge wire
    Sound deadening in all doors, trunk and trunk lid

Other maintenance:
    Transmission fluid changed recently
    Differential fluid changed recently
    Up to date on oil change with 5w30 synthetic, changed every 6 months (I never go over 5-6k miles in that time-period anyway)
    Driver door window actuator replaced
    Brake fluid up to date
    Just cleaned air filter
    Replaced cabin air filter
    Replaced passenger door handle with coded lock

The car will come with two keys, and the book of receipts (of course) as well as a chilton's guide I have for it if you're interested. I'm finding any extra parts that I have laying around that I can put into the trunk.

Cons:
    The clear coat started peeling away on the roof, the A pillar of the right front door, a small spot on right front door, and the rear right c pillar. I have covered everything with black vinyl to blend it in for now. It also prevents it from spreading.
    A RAV4 backed into me and the spare tire just barely came over the hood and make a dent, but it's not too bad and blends in surprisingly. PDR wasn’t able to get to the spot but nobody notices unless I point it out. Also, there's a few little indents on the rear bumper from backing the car into a cement barrier that was out of view. Didn't do any other damage other than this, it was from a slow crawl.
    The Suede headliner isn't perfect in some spots.
    I just took the sunroof cassette apart and fixed the tilt function, a rail jumped out of the track. It gets hung up when sliding back all the way, but tilt and the closed position works just fine. I don't use the sunroof anyway, so this doesn't bother me. I cleaned and greased everything that was needed while I was there.
    The rear fenders have some paint chipped from rolling it.
    For some reason the washer fluid reservoir sensor says that it’s low when you turn on the car. I don’t know why it does this, I was going to delete it anyway if I kept the car.
    The low beams throw a low beam failure code, this could be remedied with an error eliminator. It doesn’t affect how they function.
    The mileage went dim one day, I don't know how to make it bright again, but it still displays the correct mileage and the trip odometer.
    The steering wheel has normal wear and tear. I was going to replace it with a nice euro wheel if I kept the car, but I decided to wait.
    A previous owner had screwed some sort of mount into the dash, only visible to the passenger. There are 4 small holes on the end of the cluster which you can see in the passenger side interior shot.

DSC_0604-min.jpgDSC_0601-min.jpgDSC_0602-min.jpgDSC_0605-min.jpgDSC_0616-min.jpg
    Last edited by Jaws; 12-03-2017 at 02:20 AM.
    Instagram: Jaws.garage
    2007 Saleen S331 Supercharged #133 Oxford white
    2002 Mercedes E55 AMG Tectite Grey/Black, Kleemann upgrades, Supersprint muffler
    2007 Buell XB12scg Cherry Bomb

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    I know this car and it's meticulous owner very well. This is a very clean and well sorted E36.
    CBlock

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    I know this car and it's meticulous owner very well. This is a very clean and well sorted E36.
    Thank you buddy, I appreciate it.
    2002 Mercedes E55 AMG Tectite Grey/Black, Kleemann upgrades, Supersprint muffler

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    I changed the price to $6,500 firm for the forum only.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Alpine/Black 5sp
    Car looks awesome. $6500 is a great price. If this car was in Atlanta it would be sold in a few days.

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRay View Post
    Car looks awesome. $6500 is a great price. If this car was in Atlanta it would be sold in a few days.
    Thanks! Honestly, I would be willing to work with out of state buyers, and I know shipping companies that can provide services. Hopefully posting here will attract out of state buyers!

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    bumpity

My Cars
    NYC Subway
    Man, that car takes me back to my beloved 328i. So this car doesn't have any traction control and it never had any with the car new? Is this something that was desired?

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    Quote Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post
    Man, that car takes me back to my beloved 328i. So this car doesn't have any traction control and it never had any with the car new? Is this something that was desired?
    Yeah, since most people end up deleting the traction control anyway, it was just something that I never had to do. It's strange that this model never came with it. It's an early model 328i though.

My Cars
    NYC Subway
    Why do people prefer to delete it? Can it be installed. I’m asking because I live in NYC where it snows and TC will be necessary on the few days I drive in the snow.

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    Quote Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post
    Why do people prefer to delete it? Can it be installed. I’m asking because I live in NYC where it snows and TC will be necessary on the few days I drive in the snow.
    Lots of people delete it because it's generally a nanny that most don't choose to use, instead of turning it off it's just deleted. I have never heard of anyone trying to reinstall it honestly. The fact mine doesn't have it usually is a pleasant surprise for most. I've driven it in the snow before with the fikses I had, and to be honest it really didn't do too bad. Our snow only gets to be an inch at most anyway.

My Cars
    02 BMW X5 5 spd manual
    Car is sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    NYC Subway
    Congrats man. I am still waiting for a sale to go through on my motorcycle. Times are tough for sellers.