Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Great deal on SuperSprint @Turner/ECS

My Cars
    BMW
    Tim95M3 shoot me a PM with your order number and which car you're putting it on, I'll try to help.

My Cars
    98 Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by LimehouseBlues View Post
    I ran into this same problem when I bought my SuperSprint last year. From another thread:

Supersprint muffler, round tips (part 786606)... It sounds preeeeetty sweet.

Gave me a little trouble at times, though. Word to the wise, apparently the 2.8L produced for 97 through some point in 98 have a different coupling of the pipes between the cat and the muffler than what the SS muffler expects. Supersprint makes a special connecting pipe (part 786513) to bolt on to oe, but its pricey. I decided to buy it anyway rather than hack oe pipes to rig a solution together.

Also, adjusting so the tips werent contacting any plastic was a little tedious, since its a tight fit, but I got it where I want it and it looks (and sounds!) great.

Mine came off the line in Aug of 1997. Hope this helps you.
    Yep, after much trouble and stress, I found this guy: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...enter-section/

Which doesn't even exist in the ECS catalog. And $100? Really? For an exhaust that's advertised to "bolt right up" I feel like this thing should be included.
    96 320i Touring
    98 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    01 PY M Coupe
    96 Z3 1.9 - DASC
    95 318ti Clubsport
    94 Miata M-Edition
    13 smart fortwo

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8L
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim95M3 View Post
    Yep, after much trouble and stress, I found this guy: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...enter-section/

Which doesn't even exist in the ECS catalog. And $100? Really? For an exhaust that's advertised to "bolt right up" I feel like this thing should be included.
    Yeah, I feel ya, the cost is ridiculous. I remember contacting ECS with the same frustration...they do have the part and the customer service agent was able to help by expediting shipping for me so I ordered from them.

My Cars
    2001 M ROADSTER
    I got my SS a month ago from the NOV sale, it was a good Monday! I put them on and didn't like the way they hung on the M or the fit in the cutout. The mufflers had to much sway from the long mounting arms that came with the SS. So I took them off and put the OE on to compare plus I have a rattle and wanted to see if it was the mufflers. The SS are not the rattle. The OE, what a difference I feel at sea levle as the M seems slow.

I've taken a 2 inch square tube and cut it in half making a 1 X 2 X 1 C channel, I drill 4 holes, two to mount to the OE mounting position and welded bolts into the C channel to mount the OE rubber hangers. I need to install the new mounts that will lower the rubber hangers and give it much more stability being two inches lower than the OE mount point. Then drill some holes/slots into the SS hanger so I can mount the mufflers up.

I believe this will reduce the muffler movement with shorter mounting arms to a hard point and I can get the tips an inch lower or more to fit the cutouts better. I do like the idea of metal on both sides of the OE rubber hanger and I think I'll do that to. Now where didI put my hammer???

M & K Meatls is a few miles from me and they are a fabricators dream supplirer of raw metals and can fab anthing you can draw for a price. I'll proabably mock it up to get it back on the road and see how it works before I get serious on new mounts. I still have a knock over bumps in the rear end to sort out after a suppension rebuild. Oh the fun we have!!

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Would really love to see pics of what you did, Buck.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Still waiting. Hopefully arrives before zfest

My Cars
    2002 M coupe & 2008 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    Still waiting. Hopefully arrives before zfest
    Also still waiting on mine. My set has been delayed by 1 month 4 different times now. Reached out to ECS today and they blamed Supersprint saying they're backed up, that ECS is passing on the same info that Supersprint is giving them, and that ECS is putting as much pressure on Supersprint as possible. I.E. they didn't have much of an update for me & wouldn't surprise me at this point if the 1 month delays continued.

As previously stated, I've been kicking myself for not buying more pieces at the Cyber Monday price since I would have almost 4+ months before I was billed. I've since purchased headers from Active Autowerke and will probably also grab a Supersprint x-pipe from CPI. Still debating on what to do for a section 1.

Trying to stay patient. Good luck to those still waiting on doing the same.
    2002 M coupe - Imola/Imola, 18" BBS LM, Wilwood BBK, TC Kline S/A coilovers, Supersprint V2 stepped headers, SS Section 1 race cats, SS Section 2 X-pipe, SS Race exhaust, 3.73 differential, Sport mode, Dinan ECU
    2008 M3 sedan - Melbourne/Black, 6MT, AA test pipes, Dinan exhaust, BPM Sport tune, Dinan intake, Swift springs

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    I wonder if this deal will be repeated this year. It took months to get but worth the wait

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2006 M3
    Pretty much no chance of 50% again.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    I wonder if this deal will be repeated this year. It took months to get but worth the wait
    They will have a sale but it won't be 50% off.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Looks like they're doing a 25% but a slightly lower initial price

My Cars
    01 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    Yeah I'm working up a bracket to get steel on both sides of the hanger; it would be better if the hanging load was supported in double shear vs. wanting to twist the OEM rubber. This would also keep the mufflers from wanting to sag if the bolt got a little loose somehow.

Attachment 618256
    Resurrecting an old thread - s8ilver - did you end up getting the additional bracket and nut+bolt from your diagram? I finally got around to fitting the exhausts and share your concern that it's going to twist the stock rubber mounts. Please let me know what parts you got and how it worked out. thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345